Brake Upgrade of the Day

So I got this setup installed on the Mark yesterday and took it out for its maiden voyage. Braking force does seem much stronger now, the car will seriously nose dive under hard braking so I will have to work on something to get some more bias to the rear ( I am thinking 4 pistons and 13 inch rotors should work :D )

ResizedImage951362868770943_zps8b848660.jpg

This setup is awesome! I don't have the expertise to do this, but if someone ends up making a set and putting a price on them, I would seriously consider buying them. :cool:

Ok guys got back to work on it today. I filled the original holes in so now for lack of a better term this spindle is complete. Even managed to get the spacing right on the money.

IMG_20110724_183801.jpg

IMG_20110724_184255.jpg

Isn't that caliper on the wrong side? The blue plug is in the hose banjo bolt hole and the bleeder is on the bottom :)

Isn't that caliper on the wrong side? The blue plug is in the hose banjo bolt hole and the bleeder is on the bottom :)

Wouldn't matter for mock up purposes, but no it isn't on the wrong side, look again the bleeder is on top.

-Alan

Ya, it looks correct to me... Just looks like the knuckle is rotated to about 4 o'clock.

nice..i want...no no i need it/must have it

So, to make sure I got this. Mark spindle, Cobra hub, GT500 rotor, CTS-V caliper.

Love these brakes great job
Wish I had some extra funds to do this
Although I like the look of my 17s not sure I want 18s
Maybe there's a way to make them fit.

Not over 17's.

18" is pushing it. And you'll need a dishless wheel because of the caliper size and mounting.

So, to make sure I got this. Mark spindle, Cobra hub, GT500 rotor, CTS-V caliper.

Well yes you have the parts correct, but look through the pics there was a fair amount of machine work needed to make this combination work.

slowmkviii said:
Love these brakes great job
Wish I had some extra funds to do this
Although I like the look of my 17s not sure I want 18s
Maybe there's a way to make them fit.

Like Mike said I am fairly certain there is no way these will go under 17s, 18s will need a fair amount of spoke clearance as these stick out towards the spoke over an inch more than the Cobra caliper does.

The saga continues, got the rears mocked up today. Sorry for the horrible pics the camera on my phone is junk.

IMG_20150211_152627_579_zpscnif6oyc.jpg

IMG_20150211_152659_630_zpsldezigv3.jpg

IMG_20150211_152823_074_zpsqf14gjsa.jpg

-Alan

Members online

Back