Reaction score
NEWish car $500

motor had a knock so we(brandon and I) rebuilt it with upgrades

90 SC 5 speed

Mods
-.500 lift cam
-Windsor valve springs
-stage 2 ported heads
-ported m90 supercharger(used MPII as template)
-ported upper intake
-Front mount intercooler(have the intercooler, need to make piping)
-94/95 supercoupe rods and pistons(poly rings)
-new cam, rod, crank, bearings
-windage tray
-new clutch
-other stuff i can't remember

oh and changing out the interior. It was originally red, but i put in new black leather seats, new carpet. Just need black dash, headliner, and door panels.

any guesses on what sort of car this might be?
DSC_0003.jpg

DSC_0044.jpg

DSC_0228.jpg

DSC_0036.jpg

Last edited:
89-93 tbird supercoupe?..based on what i can see of the dashboard

ill try to post a pic of my driveway tommorow....2 marks and a sc :)

93 mark, 98 lsc, and 90 sc

there is now.
the original post has been edited.

I was gonna say... The first picture in the bunch clearly shows its a Tbird, I didn't know the XR7 came with the 3.8SC, I thought that was a Tbird only SuperCoupe option.

I didn't know the XR7 came with the 3.8SC, I thought that was a Tbird only SuperCoupe option.

there is an 89 Cougar XR7 in my driveway right now. the engine bay is identical. auto though, a manual would be awesome.
the later xr7s went v8 and the SC v6 was dropped.

I ask this because(i know its hypocritical), I'm probably going to sell my mark(entertaining offers) now that i got this supercoupe going. And want to make sure it's quicker than my mark(not better looking though).

it will put up a good fight. they're no slouch.

I ask this because(i know its hypocritical), I'm probably going to sell my mark(entertaining offers) now that i got this supercoupe going. And want to make sure it's quicker than my mark(not better looking though).

pulley and tune it.
i bet no contest to a stock mark. especially with the 5 speed.

Probably want to go ahead and get some form of header on there. Especially with ported heads and a 10% pulley or you might be doing headgaskets sooner than you hope. They are awesome cars especially for a V6 but they are for lack of a better term fickle.

Members online

No members online now.
Back