bolt on(mostly) cat back for mark8

blacklsc1

Well-Known LVC Member
Reaction score
just noticed scp is selling a cat back kit for our cars. anyone order one up yet? i wonder if he just sells the pipes seperatly(i have a mid muffler already)

For quite a bit cheaper you could order the LMS exhaust and the Mandrel systems 2.5" pipe kit. It would have nicer tips then turn downs and sound motre agressive with the double x pipe. Should be around $400 plus install which ran me $250.

i have heard that the kit from mandrel pipes, requires some work to get it to fit. As far as the mufflers i wouldent get the turbos with the turndowns

I have the pipe kit and it fit with no mods at all. Fits pretty nice too.

IMGP1056.jpg

IMGP1058.jpg

IMGP1061.jpg

sounds good. Where did u get that kit from i remember seeing it on here before just forgot where it was from.

Muuflers from some place out in East Texas, Magnaflow x-pipe from SCP and the pipes from Mandrel Bent Exhaust Systems. In it about $700 after labor and tips.

thats cool i already have mufflers on mine just need a x pipe and was mainly looking for the pipeing for it.

^ Thats funny. ALL I have is an X-Pipe. New in box. 2.5" Chrome. Its the ONLY part I have. LOL

very nice, hey laser you have a better pic of that rear brace? i wanna see how yours is mounted.

well a bit to loud for me but sounds good. i know for fact that we all have different opinions and so we try to follow or do our own thing so. i did my exhaust thinking that it was gonna be all that, well what a big disapointment after i had it done now for about a month. so today i call (geno) and so i went to see that bad a.. mark viii and so i was so impress with the sound. wow it sounded beautiful it was the perfect sound not over drone like most mark vids that i have seen so i strongly recommend genos exhaust if i had the money to do it again i would go genos way for all of you who haven had the opportunity to meat or deal with him his a great guy geno, i will be back thanks .

Mine? Loud? :lol: Cant tell by cameras I guess. My car is FAR from loud. Its quieter then it was with knock off flowmasters and stock H-pipe. Not untill you are really on it can you hear it and its still too quiet. As for drone, It is nonexistant. Ask Sapperfire, hes cruised in the car from 30 -130mph and there is not a hint of drone. Its important to weld a piece of bar stock across both pipes so they dont drone.

LMS= drone like hell and super loud. Poor quality mufflers too. I definitely recommend going another route with your exhaust.

LMS= drone like hell and super loud. Poor quality mufflers too. I definitely recommend going another route with your exhaust.

I might have to agree with you on the drone, but I'm not sure about the loudness part. If I really get on it I can barely tell I have an exhaust system.

LMS= drone like hell and super loud.

I wonder if some of the drone you experienced was because the shop welded the hangers directly to the body? That's what happened, right? No rubber isolators?

I wonder if some of the drone you experienced was because the shop welded the hangers directly to the body? That's what happened, right? No rubber isolators?

I wouldn't doubt if my drone problem is caused by the shops installation. I've always heard good things about the LMS mufflers and drone so I was surprised when mine droned like they do.

I remember Geno offering some advice for LMS exhaust drone. Here is what he said:

If your still getting drone its from the harmonics of the piping because is such a long stretch.

We always tell people when they get it installed to weld flat stock across the two pipes every 6 inches or so to "solidify" the piping so the pipes will not hum/drone. If I failed to tell you this I apologize.

Ask anyone else about or system and drone. Its actually the most drone free set up I have heard yet.

Although before doing that, I'd check that the exhaust is hung correctly with rubber isolators and that the exhaust doesn't contact any part of the car's body.

Yeah I see that Laser did that above ^. I'll have to look into having that done if mine is in fact installed correctly.

Yep,to the point i want to bang my head against a brick wall.I will have to check the hangers though.I definitely expected some sort of mean sound and not drone-a-rama.

They had the rubber mounts. The way they did it was with the mounts that have metal rods on both ends with rubber in the middle. One end was welded to the pipes the other was welded to the body or the subframe depending on their position.

As for the loudness. They were fairly loud at idle. Horribly loud on take off with light to moderate throttle. They droned terribly while cruising at steady speeds and while accelerating. However they were nearly SILENT at WOT!

The guy that redid my exhaust cut one of the mufflers open and said he has seen $20 glasspacks that were better constructed inside and out.

They had the rubber mounts. The way they did it was with the mounts that have metal rods on both ends with rubber in the middle. One end was welded to the pipes the other was welded to the body or the subframe depending on their position.

Ah, OK. From reading your post in the other thread, I'd had the idea that the exhaust was hung by metal rods directly from the exhaust to the car body - LOL.

Members online

No members online now.
Back