badging on sport package V8's

Barwick

Well-Known LVC Member
Reaction score
Did the sport package V8's not have the "LS V8" emblem on them? The one I just bought only has a "LS" badge on the right taillight, looks odd. I glanced at the engine before I bought it and it does have 8 intake runners though.

is yours a 2000? if so there's your answer...

Well can't really tell you the answer. maybe someone else will chime in...but it seems that some 2000 V8 did not come badged as a V8 from the factory. maybe all of them didn't/ i have an 02 so I don't care. :N i got my badge
you have two options....watch ebay,,,or order the part from the Ford dealer...i suggest ebay.

yeah I dunno if I want to put it on or not, I can just get the decal (there's only the one on it right? the one that goes on the passenger side taillight?)

I have a 2000 and my taillight says LS V8...I was looking for something like this:
21_1_b.jpg

fd_1_b.jpg

EM_BMW_V8.x2.jpg

1106800293880_1107453337612_V8.gif

Funny this came up, I've got a 2000 Sport as well and it sucks when people assume it's the V6. The OEM tag from the dealer was about $60 CDN (and that's just the "V8" :rolleyes: ). I see they now have them on lskoncepts.com. I'll be purchasing a few items from them soon and the tags being one of them.

You bought a car that you only glanced at the motor ??? lol . You must have trusted the guy you bought it from.And you bought it without even knowing what motor it had in it.just joking man but when i buy a car i check everything out before i buy it..

it was a 89 fox with a 4 banger>>>and was an automatic ..

Try these. Get at any authorized Ford Racing dealer for $9.95. Or you can buy them at a ny Ford dealer for a '05 Explorer for $15.95.

LS V8 Emblem 1.jpg

No chit. You want a cookie?:rolleyes:

A beating would be preferable. :D

When I had my 2006 LS, I added "V8" fender emblems from a 2005 T-Bird (where they were stock items). Attached is a picture. You can get a set at any Ford dealer. Part No. 3W6Z16228AA. I like these a lot more than the retro V8 emblems found on the Explorers.

Picture0741_copy.jpg

Picture0740_copy.jpg

Friendly response

I'm always open to a cookie, but I carry a .45 for people who try to beat me.
KS ;)

Way to revive a 5 year old thread LOL.
I do like the side by side "V8" style emblem rather than the

V

Style, even though the 8's in the V lmao

A beating would be preferable. :D

When I had my 2006 LS, I added "V8" fender emblems from a 2005 T-Bird (where they were stock items). Attached is a picture. You can get a set at any Ford dealer. Part No. 3W6Z16228AA. I like these a lot more than the retro V8 emblems found on the Explorers.

I like that v8 better too.

How are you liking the mks? LIke it better than the ls?

When I had my 2006 LS, I added "V8" fender emblems from a 2005 T-Bird (where they were stock items). Attached is a picture. You can get a set at any Ford dealer. Part No. 3W6Z16228AA.

Small and discreet. Very nice!

I like that v8 better too.

How are you liking the mks? LIke it better than the ls?

I really like the MKS a lot. For my style of driving, I do like it better than the LS.

The MKS sits higher than the LS, so you have a commanding view of the road. Getting in and out of the car is a lot easier than in the LS. I believe the MKS is also heavier than the LS and is based on a FWD platform, so it is not as nimble in terms of handling. The 3.7 L V6 has plenty of power, much like my 2003 V6 LS did. The 6 speed trans helps get a lot of power out of the engine too. Despite being heavier than the LS, I don't miss the V8. The car runs on regular gas and gets about 19-23 MPG. I have not tried an EcoBoost model. The EcoBoost adds about $8K to the price tag.

But the two things I like best are (1) the AWD, and (2) the gadgets inside. I have an AWD model, and the system is great. Compared to the RWD LS, there is no comparison in snow. Even with the stock all season tires (Goodyear Eagle RS-A), the grip and traction are better in the MKS compared to the LS. Inside, the electronics are out of this world! The Sync system with voice controls is wonderful. Seamlessly connecting your phone (via Bluetooth) to the car is so handy. I can stream music files from my Blackberry to the audio system, and can also connect my iPod or a USB flash drive. I can even stream internet radio (e.g., Pandora) directly to the THX II 5.1 Surround Sound stereo! The rear-view camera is very handy, and the Sirius Satellite Radio and Travel-Link are also fun to use. It is really convenient to get weather and traffic reports in the car! I can get a 5 day weather forecast, and put up a weather map showing preciptiation and wind speed for my area, just like the weatherman on the news!

Make no mistake, the MKS is no LS in terms of handling or performance. But the MKS does have a lot more advanced electronic systems, creature comforts, and conveniences that the LS never had. Overall, the MKS is a great car and I would buy another one without hesitation.

Mine's a 2000 sport v8. No badges and I really don't care. I know what my car is. I don't give a :q:q:q:q if other people know or not.

Members online

No members online now.
Back