Average Owner/Member Age?

I'll send you a couple of pictures if you want to post 'em. I've never figured out how to do it. You know what they say about us ol' farts.

KS

Cam, you are the MAN!!!!! I bow down one time out of respect for your passion for our cars. Good sh** indeed!!!! :)

Makes the same power as the marks with less displacement. A sixth of a liter is barely any bigger.

WELL SORRRRY! can't beat a good ol' dohc 4.6 b head or not! Regardless if it's the 3.9 jag engine or an ls1 4.6(dohc) will always have a place in my heart =]

Very surprised the of the ages on here.

28 going 29 in 9 days and balding....its sad really.

Me too. On my second LS...but the 2000 back in 2000 and this 2002 in 2003 (last one on the lot)...and I am 42. I keep wanting to switch rides but this damn car fits like a glove. And I don't know what I would do without all these weekend projects:)

Happy New Year Biatches!!

2000 LS8 Ultimate Autumn Red
41yrs - 42yrs in March

32yrs when purchased. Traded in '96 BMW Z3. Needed a family car. Wife and I were expecting our first child. Hence the name "Babysride".:D Anohter child and 9 years later. I am 41yrs. Will be 42yrs in March.

Should I make this topic a poll? Put everyone together in groups: under 20, 21-30, 31-40, 41-50, 51-60, 60 and up.

I vote yes. It was good to see the responses so quickly today. Others may not feel it is worthy but it was interesting to see the results and some of the histories about member's cars.

My LS belonged to the wife of a dirt track racer named Bart Bartman. The car was used as a trail vehicle throughout the Midwest. I bought it on New Year's Day 2006 in Zanesville Ohio(45 minutes east of Columbus). Previous car was. 97 Gran Prix GT. It caught on fire and the insurance payoff covered all but $2500 toward the cost of the LS. Have looked at other cars since but never found one that has made me want to part with it. Thus, the thousands($) I have just put in toward the remanufactured engine. Yeah, I could have put it toward a gen 2, but the thought of having an early March 2000 model with next to no miles kinda resonated with me. I have a feeling there will not be many 2000 models around in 10 years.

All I know about mine is that it was a one owner vehicle and traded in by the original owner at a cadillac dealer. My guess is they got something similar from caddy like a cts or sts.

The same dealer put it up for sale and I bought it a few days after.

Rollin, just my $.02, but if you were to make it a poll, then sticky it up top, would there be a need to have a thread like this, as some of the elder users stated, come up every year? I understand it's not as important as some of the stuff up there. Then again it will keep a running tally of the age of the average, well the demographic breakdown, of the LS owner on the site. Shoot make another for location.

Here's my stories!! :)

2000 LS V8
i found a lady in suprise az (retierment community) that was selling this car for $6500 with 82k miles on craigslist. so i went to look at and we got to talking and i offered her $5500 and she said "you no what you look like a good kid ill give it to you for $2000!!!!!" BEST DEAL OF MY LIFE!!!!!!

2004 LS V8 sport
while looking for a car for my little sister i came across this car it was just brought in from an auction so the dealership hadnt even processed it yet. i told them that i was interested in it and they said they would have to get back to me the next day. they called me and said the car had 128k miles and they would take $8000 out the door. so i went back down there and test drove it and while i was driving i noticed that the car was set in kilometers. so the car actually had 71k miles and since they already quoted me they couldnt go back on there word and i ended up walking out of there paying $7000 for it!! i love taking advantage of dealers!!! :D

2000 LS V8
i found a lady in suprise az (retierment community) that was selling this car for $6500 with 82k miles on craigslist. so i went to look at and we got to talking and i offered her $5500 and she said "you no what you look like a good kid ill give it to you for $2000!!!!!" BEST DEAL OF MY LIFE!!!!!!

2004 LS V8 sport
while looking for a car for my little sister i came across this car it was just brought in from an auction so the dealership hadnt even processed it yet. i told them that i was interested in it and they said they would have to get back to me the next day. they called me and said the car had 128k miles and they would take $8000 out the door. so i went back down there and test drove it and while i was driving i noticed that the car was set in kilometers. so the car actually had 71k miles and since they already quoted me they couldnt go back on there word and i ended up walking out of there paying $7000 for it!! i love taking advantage of dealers!!! :D

Excellent deals!!!! Nice.....

I'm 30....I bought my '06 LS (black w/camel interior) in Jan 2011 with 43k miles on it. I traded my '98 328i that was barely running and in terrible condition and $11,000. I'm just glad they took the BMW because I would of had a hell of a time selling it in the condition it was in lol.

So who is going to do the math now that we have an abundant age count?

So who is going to do the math now that we have an abundant age count?

I was planning to once we got a true 100 responses. Not quite there yet and may not make it. I will give it til the end of the day and see where we are. Hopefully, close enough to get a better a bit more reflective age / year of ownership.

So with that said, if you are reading this and have not responded, please do. Thx.

'02 LS Sport 3.9

And I probably paid more for it than anybody else here, 'cause I bought it new.(OUCH)

KS

'05 LS luxury sport and I'm 56
But you probably did pay more. Employee pricing was running rampant when I got mine in August of '05. It was a present to myself for my 50th birthday.

Members online

Back