Attention Florida FLM Owners...

eL eS

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
I would like the opportunity to meet you all in person and I think teh Mustangs and Mustangs event would be a great opportunity for us all to get out and do something together for a day. Saturday April the 9th or Sunday April the 10th are the two opportunities for us to meet. The best thing is si that if we instantly hate each other we can disappear into the crowd and enjoy what looks like will be a great show for adults and children.

Here a link to the event http://www.imperialmustangs.org/2005_show/

If you are interested please post here or PM and I will find coordinate a time and place for us to chew the fat. I look forward to seeing you all there.

I would like to clarify that this is not an LvC sanctioned event but we can hang out and chat about how great LvC is especially the "L" part of LvC.

The show is offering a single day registration that includes a photo of your car with the P51 mustangs. Single day registration is 25 dollars and additional cars are 12 ea.

The only criteria is that the car be a FLM automobile.

I like it! Close enough to Orlando and Tampa. Sounds like a fun day. Which day are you thinking of? I'm fairly new to this site and would love to meet some of the others and show off my ride. Keep me informed and count me in! Tnanks.

Steve

im in!i went last year and its a really cool show, 98 % mustangs but we can change that. i will still be here in april right now i do not have a prefrence. i believe that its 25 for one day that includes a meal, reg, picture with the p-51 and 2 people per car. so its not bad if some one comes with you. here are some pics of last year. my car wasnt there but still had fun.

P4030001 (Small).JPG

P4030144 (Small).JPG

P4030161 (Small).JPG

P4030138 (Small).JPG

P4030142 (Small).JPG

P4030158 (Small).JPG

when your a guy like me who like old aircraft and cars its really cool to see. some of the aircraft there are really rear like a zero from wwII.

Markviiiedrea said:
when your a guy like me who like old aircraft and cars its really cool to see. some of the aircraft there are really rear like a zero from wwII.

excellent pictures. I plan on coming out on saturday. I have to call Pat rego back tonight for some more details but you hit a lot of that when you spoker about the registration process. Do you know of a good place we can meet up out there and what time do they start taking 1 day registrations?

i am a vintage aviation buff and love cars so this is really going to be a great time for me and my son.

Markviiiedrea said:
im in!i went last year and its a really cool show, 98 % mustangs but we can change that. i will still be here in april right now i do not have a prefrence. i believe that its 25 for one day that includes a meal, reg, picture with the p-51 and 2 people per car. so its not bad if some one comes with you. here are some pics of last year. my car wasnt there but still had fun.

That 67 Fairlane Convertable was parked couple of cars up from me last year. I couldn't stop looking at that car. I believe it won it's class. I won mine last year, but I'm not being judged this year. Just going to enjoy the show. Hope to see some LVC members.

Well im not to familiar with the Lakeland area but i go to sun-n-fun. i would say some place in Orlando, im coming from Daytona so im not going passed lake land to meet up i can just meet you guys in a park somewhere in Lakeland. your going to have to call some one about the reg, i just rode in free last year.

Can we pose as a club and get a discount or some thing?

Eric

this is the most Unusual rulei have seen....

"ALL cars are ENCOURAGED to carry a FIRE EXTINGUISHER, YOU WILL lose ONE POINT from your judging sheet without one." WTF?

yeah that worried me a bit. I'd like to know what they set that rule. IIRC fantasy of flight is well before you get to lakeland.

All points car shows require you to carry a fire extinguisher. I always have one in the trunk of my car. When there judging they want to see it. They usually won't ask, you'll just lose a point. But this show is judged, last year anyway by the people who attend. But this year it's a National Show. That could be the reason why.

can it be loose in the car. If you have an antique or classic you are not likely to want to bust some holes and mount something that wasnt OEM installed.

damn, wish my mark viii was still in orlando, i would be sooo there! its like about 30-40 mins away from my girlfriends, where i was staying last year. hopefully within the next few months ill be back in florida to stay.

We always have room for more lincoln owners. I hope by the time you get back we might have a good Central Fl group gathering at least once a quarter.

Well I will be able to make it to this fire extinguisher or not, but I'm moving shortly after that up to Minnesota.

Eric

glad you will ba able to make it out. A move to the land of 10000 lakes WHOA! I would have to ease in to that like I ease in to the cold water nice and sloooooow!

i lived there for 19 years and here for 2. plus im moveing in the spring so it wont be a bad shock. just in time to for cruzin season up there in frost bite falls!

eL eS said:
can it be loose in the car. If you have an antique or classic you are not likely to want to bust some holes and mount something that wasnt OEM installed.

Yes itr can be loose. It does not have to be mounted. You just have to have one. It's no big deal. I keep one loose in my trunk and I show it in the trunk.

Fordman said:
Yes itr can be loose. It does not have to be mounted. You just have to have one. It's no big deal. I keep one loose in my trunk and I show it in the trunk.

I could see a lot of folks taking a 1 point hit if it had to be mounted to the car.

Ready for this, I was originally told the reason for it, is because of the age of the cars. That a fire can break out at any time. LOL

Fordman said:
Ready for this, I was originally told the reason for it, is because of the age of the cars. That a fire can break out at any time. LOL

yeah whatever. hopefully the crwon vics that show up will have one. The classics are less likely than the modern vehicles.

Members online

No members online now.
Back