Attention Florida FLM Owners...

OK...now I'm bummed. April 9th is the first points race at Orlando Speedworld. I Just delivered my new SVO hood to the body shop and my Mustang should be ready by then so I'm torn. I love showing off my Lincoln but I bought it so I could take my Mustang off the street and have a dedicated racer and make a run at the points. I'd hate to miss the first night. This sucks! What to do?!?

Steve

97LSC_2NV said:
OK...now I'm bummed. April 9th is the first points race at Orlando Speedworld. I Just delivered my new SVO hood to the body shop and my Mustang should be ready by then so I'm torn. I love showing off my Lincoln but I bought it so I could take my Mustang off the street and have a dedicated racer and make a run at the points. I'd hate to miss the first night. This sucks! What to do?!?

Steve

It is a short drive... I say arrive early and leave early. Come on out!

Markviiiedrea said:
any word on where to meet and if we can get a group rate?

We can get a group rate if we all show at the same time, i think, this is what I have.

First car pays 25, that I will eat if it will help get more LvCers out there additional cars are 12 but I do not know if it has to be the same owner. I will be in contact with the chair person of the event before Saturday. When I have her on the phone i will push for a group rate and see if it can be arranged that we can stager in.

They might not bite so i will also try to find a place offsite to meet and later see if we can agree on a time to meet there.

just pick a place i dont care as long as i can get there with out getting lost. ( i get lost finding the bathroom at night just so you know ) well if we cant do group can we pay on the spot?

97LSC_2NV said:

Steve
just come out, dont go to orlando spin word that place sux all i do is spin off the line and get crappy times, you will be happy hanging out with us. trust me :L

Markviiiedrea said:
just come out, dont go to orlando spin word that place sux all i do is spin off the line and get crappy times, you will be happy hanging out with us. trust me :L

I concur.

I will get the final word from Pat tomorrow night.

I have left a VM with Pat. I suspect she might not be able to respond till this afternoon or evening. I will get clarification if we can straggle in or if we all must arrive at the ame time in order to register and get discounted rate.

If you have any other issues you wish for me to address please post them I and I will do my best to get the information. I will also put together a map of the area so if you can PM your email I will send you a copy. Included will be the location where we will met outside the event if you all want to ride up together.

Otherwise I will see if I can identify a spot inside the event and we can agree on a time to meet there instead.

depending on my work schedule , count me in for a possible saturday and a definate sunday.

Well Pat did not call back over the weekend. I was busy as hell repairing my car any way but I will call her again on Thursday to get the details back for you all. I have not forgotten so please check back in soon.

Chris_n_FL said:
you still working on that collapsed hose?

nah. I nailed that biotch on sunday morning. I could have finished saturday night but needed some family time. Catching my son up on all the star wars movies. He is all perked up about the movie coming out in May and figured i can't let him watch that one with seeing the rest.

Car is running great now. Idles much better only think i need to find now is what is vibrating when I am a stop with the car in gear. It isn't a strong vibration but it does cycle a little on/off kind of. If I take it out of gear it stops vibrating. I can feel it in the brake/steering wheel and pretty much in the seat of my pants a little.

No problems otherwise.

Markviiiedrea said:
i have the mark or the huffy, i think i will take the mark

ahhh com'on manhuffy's are the best but that would be a completely different show then. Man I see a lot of Marks around now. I have always like that car and hed it been on the show room floor the day I bought my LS I would have been driving a Mark. Lincoln sure knows how to kill a good product dont they.

He if you are going to come out to the event please PM. I know things can come up at the lst minute so i will not hunt you down and make you feel bad about it. I just want to get an idea who is coming and try to coordinate a meeting place and time. I will be out of town this weekend but I will follow up with everyone on Sunday Night.

Looks like I spoke too soon. No car show and no drag racing at 'Orlando Spin World' either, (I like that name Eric). Recently we joined a rollercoaster club and our first chance to attend an event is on April 9th at Universal/IOA. Normally I would pass that up since I live here and can go anytime but I was told that the club will be ON one of the floats, tossing out beads to the crowd during the Mardi Gras parade! Can't pass up something like that especially with an outside chance that some young ladies may be over-anxious to aquire those cheap plastic bobbles and may try to persuade me to aim in their direction by 'flashing the high sign'! (Hey, If you gonna wish.....WISH BIG!!) So, maybe next Lincoln/Ford gathering for me. I will be there in spirit. I look forward to the pics! Have fun!

Steve

No worries Steve. As Tampa resident that gets to attend Gaspirilla every year I would be hard pressed to choose between but when in doubt shoot for the "High Sign".

Here is a link to FoF directions page. http://www.fantasyofflight.com/directions.htm

As an early to bed and early to rise kindo of guy I lean more towards getting there early but I am open to any morning time slot to meet off the exit there. If you come from the Orlando rather than taking a right to FoF there are some stores and such down on the left, right if you are coming from Tampa. It might be easier to meet there and drive over.

pick a place and time I'm game, can we pay on the spot and is it 25 at the door or can we register in advanced to get it cheaper, i have veary little money so i need to know asap. and whats the count? how many marks? and LS's?

eL eS said:
ahhh com'on manhuffy's are the best but that would be a completely different show then. Man I see a lot of Marks around now. I have always like that car and hed it been on the show room floor the day I bought my LS I would have been driving a Mark. Lincoln sure knows how to kill a good product dont they.

COULD NOT AGREE MORE DUDE!!!!!!!!!

:L​

Members online

No members online now.
Back