April MN meet

Hey im new here, And I live in Minneapolis..If it is not hailing and sleet out (like weather says) I will stop by.

Also I made a Message other day and it never was posted.

Oh well

Oh and check out my Gallery for my new LS
47k miles
paid 11

LOVE IT!!!!!!

Hey man, Welcome! Another LS for the meet. How many LSs will be at the meet now at least 6 I think.

Dunno, but it's gonna be awesome if the weather holds up. Now I see 30% chance of rain/snow showers. And snow for my drive back on summer tires.

Dunno, but it's gonna be awesome if the weather holds up. Now I see 30% chance of rain/snow showers. And snow for my drive back on summer tires.

So what day? Saturday is supoosed to be OK...Please let me know Day and time. I will go. I want to get some ideas of what to do with my new LS. And Talk everything LS....LOL Can I bring my lady?

Bring anyone and everyone! I tried to get my friend to bring his caprice, but he won't go anywhere until we replace his EGR valve later this weekend.

Also, I told my Mom about it today, and she thought that the Vikings or T-Wolves were sponsoring some sort of run that day!?!?!? Im looking online for some more information so we can change venue if need be!!!

I have some updates only 4 minutes later!!
The Lamborghini MN Club is meeting on the 4th as well... that is all I have found so far haha

we still set for 4.. and how long we gonna make this thing last?

i gonna get my self pumped for the long haul.. haha.. gotta work at 8 am then work til 2 or 3 than gonna head up not matter what the weather is now.. cause im gettin excited to see how many cars we can get there!!

i dunno if this was posted eariler or not.. are some people meeting up at peoples houses ahead of time to wash the cars and talk? if so whos houses and need the addresses so i can plug them in tomorrow!

From my understanding their is a pre-meet with Pektel and nic (Fbird) in Coon Rapids at Nics house. Thats the extent of my knowledge

:q:q:q:q wont hit the fan until about 7 or 8 from what I hear, although it said it was going to be 15 degrees warmer yesterday than it did today... so who knows?

:q:q:q:q wont hit the fan until about 7 or 8 from what I hear, although it said it was going to be 15 degrees warmer yesterday than it did today... so who knows?

I know I am new..but I also live in Coon Rapids... But it is Saturday at 4pm? Oh yea the 4th..Sweet Im in Coon rapids number is 763-447-8143 (names Paul) give me holler if need ride or anything)

Saturday should be fine at 4....weather wont get nasty till later...hopefully no HAIL!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks again...Looking forward to seeing all these beautiful cars!

4/4 Weahter Update

High: mid 40s
Low: 30
Cloudy and Cool
Snow/rain possible late in central/southern MN

That's after checking three different sources. So it shouldn't be too bad.

My place is open if people need/want to wash and maybe wax their cars. My driveway can hold 4 cars and I can park 2 in my back yard if that many people want to do this. And then from there we can all cruise out to the lake. It's about a half hour from there.

Whoever is interested in doing this, please let me know so I can get ready.

Frasch, kustomizingkid, and ford nut - I don't know your real names. What are they?! :)

Last edited:
Preston - "Frasch"

As for the car wash count me in for now, I'll let you know tonight for sure when I get to mn.

anyone that's going to the meet have a factory nav disc they want to get rid off that's newer than 02-03?

Hey Nic (fbird18) if alright with you I will just swing by your place before the meet and hangout with people. I will have the LS already washed. This is going to be a lot of fun and I look forward to meeting the new people and cars I have not seen before. John

High: mid 40s
Low: 30
Cloudy and Cool
Snow/rain possible late in central/southern MN

That's after checking three different sources. So it shouldn't be too bad.

My place is open if people need/want to wash and maybe wax their cars. My driveway can hold 4 cars and I can park 2 in my back yard if that many people want to do this. And then from there we can all cruise out to the lake. It's about a half hour from there. My address is:
11131 Wren St Nw
Coon Rapids, MN 55433

Whoever is interested in doing this, please let me know so I can get ready.

Frasch, kustomizingkid, and ford nut - I don't know your real names. What are they?! :)

I'll be there! jkjk sounds like a blast...I wish florida ppl were this fun.:rolleyes:

Hey Nic (fbird18) if alright with you I will just swing by your place before the meet and hangout with people. I will have the LS already washed. This is going to be a lot of fun and I look forward to meeting the new people and cars I have not seen before. John

That's cool with me. So far comin to my house before hand is: Frasch, Pektel, jk52781, CrackerJack, and maybe starfox86 :)

Wow, never thought there would be that many LS's in my driveway :D What time you guys think? Are we still trying to make the 4pm at Lake Calhoun? Or are you guys plannin on my place at 4? Whatever is good for me. I'll be home getting ready.

Pete - are you going to need me to have anything in particular there for all this? Or is a hose and some buckets good enough and you'll have the rest? And if it is too cold to wash them ourselves, there is a really good car wash literally 1/4 mile from my place. And it is only $3 for the basic wash. Does a much better job than you think it would. Then we could drive back to my place to detail them.

I would say meet at the lake by 4 but it doesn't make a difference to me

Okay, here is my problem with a "touchless" car wash:

Most places have water usage restrictions. Meaning that they need to either recycle or filter and reuse their water. Most, if not all, places choose to run a filtration system. Depending on how recently the filters were replaced, there will be dirt/grit that makes it through and thrown at pressurized rates at your paint. This may sound familiar to you, because it is also known as sandblasting.

Also, about the soap used. If the soap is going to be effective at removing contaminants without touching the surface with a brush/mitt/sponge, it's going to have to be very strong. Turns out hydroflouric acid works out pretty well at removing the contaminants. And any wax/paint protection. And any oils that may nourish the paint. What the machine does is floods teh car with the acid solution. Then the next step involves a base solution to neutralize the acid. Then the rinse. Then if you decide to get teh wax option, they use a silicone-based product. I'd prefer not to use any silicone based product on my car.

I have Optimum No Rinse for car wash if it's too cold. You don't need to use a hose. Just 2 5 gallon buckets.

That's cool with me. So far comin to my house before hand is: Frasch, Pektel, jk52781, CrackerJack, and maybe starfox86 :)

Wow, never thought there would be that many LS's in my driveway :D What time you guys think? Are we still trying to make the 4pm at Lake Calhoun? Or are you guys plannin on my place at 4? Whatever is good for me. I'll be home getting ready.

Pete - are you going to need me to have anything in particular there for all this? Or is a hose and some buckets good enough and you'll have the rest? And if it is too cold to wash them ourselves, there is a really good car wash literally 1/4 mile from my place. And it is only $3 for the basic wash. Does a much better job than you think it would. Then we could drive back to my place to detail them.

I think I live right down the street from you...I live by CheapSkates...Junior College right off of CRB. Close? Holy crap, we are neighbors LOL. Ill stop by.... Around 2? 3? let me know!

Okay, here is my problem with a "touchless" car wash:

Most places have water usage restrictions. Meaning that they need to either recycle or filter and reuse their water. Most, if not all, places choose to run a filtration system. Depending on how recently the filters were replaced, there will be dirt/grit that makes it through and thrown at pressurized rates at your paint. This may sound familiar to you, because it is also known as sandblasting.

Whoa whoa buddy! Who said it was a touchless carwash? :D This one has all the spinny things and cloth whathaveyous. It does do a good job though. I dry my car off with white towels everytime, and really there isn't any dirt left on the car. But I know what you mean.

Time wise I guess it all depends on when the long distance travelers (Pete and Preston) can make to my place. Sooner the better though if we wanna make the lake by 4.

You are really close Paul. I live by Pizza Hut off CRB.

Members online

No members online now.
Back