Anyone own an MKS yet

MKS ownership

I've owned this car for almost a year. The car in theory looks good, but there are only a few strong points in this car. (updating everyone on my mks ecoboost appearance package)

Good stuff:
*decently* fast. I've put a new v6 camaro in it's place. the new G37s give me problems.
AWD great in snow.
Amazing SYNC system and navi. Probably the best out there right now.
Brown leather is very nice.
With the appearance package it looks great. mono color, no chrome,
blacked out headlights.
Panoramic roof. Great for driving through big cities and enjoying the view.
I took a wealthy client of mine out for lunch, and he kept asking about the car.
What kind is it? Oh a lincoln..wow..this is nice...
Very comfortable, especially on long rides.

Bad stuff
Transmission was simply *beefed up* from the regular ford taurus. (SHO has same issue). These trannies should have been built specifically for the 355 -365 hp output that these twin turbos are pumping. Like GM did for the V series. New transmission. No ifs and buts.
My transmission slips, failed to upshift 3 weeks ago, and now the drive train is making new noises. The transmission gets *tired* after long trips and the trans temp goes up. Lazy shifting.

Front lip is low, and the front wheels are too far back. My undershield is now coming off.
back window glass impossible to clean. You just can't reach back there.
Takes turns worse than my LS. My 05 LS ultimate package took turns like a bmw 5 series. Ford haters keep laughing until I show them how it turned.
MKS is poorly balanced. Weight distribution sucks.
Check engine light has been on for the past 6 months.
Time to arbitrage.

I'm getting one. 360hp and i'm probably gonna run 87 octane in it too.
2011 EcoBoost, Bordeaux Reserve Red over camel.
Always a Lincoln fan, hopefully in 39 months they will have RWD.

Lincoln Dealer couldn't honor the deal. They got their math wrong - Fockers. It's not like that is what they do for a living!
Anyway, I wound up with a SCH. Kona Blue on Black. Sweet ride so far. Hope the tranny issues the previous post has do not come up for me.:shifty:

Mmmmmmm
Need to downsize photos, give me a minute. Unless the boss closes before I get done and we go out drinking. Have to do what the boss man says.

Mmmmmm again!

IMG00572-20110826-1501.jpg

IMG00571-20110826-1501.jpg

I know old forum, but there is nothing wrong with ANY LINCOLN ever made. Every lincoln is AMAZING.

Members online

No members online now.
Back