Anyone own an MKS yet

Hey Todd, Just in case no body told you today.. NICE CAR. color and wheels wouldn't look good on many others but on that thing its gorgeous. I like it alot.

The hottie chica at the drive-thru bagel shop likes it too! :D

Actually, I've had about a dozen people comment on the car in the 15 months I've had it. All ages too, from younger parking valet attendants to 40-50 year olds like me.

Yea no offense to you LS guys but the MKS looks amazing, then again I'm still using the family Town Car.

The LS is still a really good looking vehicle...

(Photos of Andrizzle's LS)

blackLS4.jpg

blackLS6.jpg

blackLS.jpg

blackLS5.jpg

I must agree. The LS is the best looking car Lincoln has come out with since the Mark VIII. And nothing beats the proportions of a RWD car. The MKS, on the other hand, has classic FWD proportions. Too much front overhang, wheels too close to the center of the body, front wheel arch too close to the leading edge of the front door, and odd dash-to-axle ratio. Look at cars like the LS, Caddy CTS and STS, and any BMW, Mercedes, or Infiniti. The proportions are much better on those cars because they are RWD as it should be. That's why, evin if I could afford one (which I can't), I'd never buy a MKS, or any other modern Lincoln. I'll keep my Mark VIII's and maybe some day get an LS. The wrong-wheel-drive MKS, MKZ, and MKX just go to show how far down market Lincoln has sunk in the past decade. It's quite pathetic when you think about how Lincoln and Caddilac used to be bitter rivals. Now they don't even play in the same sandbox. Caddy is up there competing with the likes of BMW, Mercedes, Lexus, Infiniti, and Audi while Lincoln is apparently trying to convert Honda and Toyota buyers. They're not even in the same league anymore. And that makes me sad.

Love it. Nothing but positive comments from All who actually been in it.

As of yet, I don't know anyone who has one. But I do see them on the road once or twice a month. I don't like the looks. They look short and dumpy. And they've got that classic FWD look that I don't care for. But that's just me. If they could move the front wheels forward and reduce the front overhang and make it lower and more "sleek" looking, it would be pretty nice. Then they could put a big V-8 in it and turn the engine 90* and put the transmission behind it with a driveshaft going to a mulitlink IRS and all would be right with the world...Ahhh...a man can dream...

Eh what's up with the 16mpg city? My Mark VIII practically already gets that if I drive light footed on the pedal.

A Mark VIII will do that even if your foot's made of lead! My wife's '97 LSC gets better than 18 and all she does is city driving. And she's more of a lead foot than I am!

She was just bragging the other day that a Mercedes SLK tried to kick on her on the 4-lane and she blew it's doors off in her '97 Mark VIII LSC!

in my 3.5 ecoboost (awd) mks I consistently hit 28 mpg at 60 - 65 mph cruise. I have hit 30.4 mpg, according to the computer anyway, at a 55 cruise in light traffic with no ac. At 75 mph with AC on I've gotten 25 mpg. City, if you keep getting green lights and you coast, the most you will get is 16, maybe 17. I typically get 10.5 in normal city traffic.

I typically get 10.5 in normal city traffic.

:eek:

I...I...I...just don't even know how to respond to that...

I don't think I've ever had a vehicle of any kind that got less than 15mpg. Even my old '71 Continental with the 460 V-8 got better than 15mpg in city driving. I've got two Lincoln Mark VIII's now and both of them get around 18mpg average in normal city driving. And they're V-8's. And RWD. And only have 4-speed autos.

Holy crap....

I think he's referring to New York City traffic, not what passes for "city" traffic in other places. So, he gets 10.5 parking, then driving to a stop light, then jack rabbit starting it to get into the hole in traffic, then stopping again.

That makes sense, these Fords are designed for MPG in overdrive.

I think he's referring to New York City traffic, not what passes for "city" traffic in other places. So, he gets 10.5 parking, then driving to a stop light, then jack rabbit starting it to get into the hole in traffic, then stopping again.

That makes sense, these Fords are designed for MPG in overdrive.

I will take a video of what I call NYC traffic next time. Stop light, then 15 mph crawl with no heavy acceleration, a string of 4 green lights going at 30 mph, then stop light for 2 minutes, waiting for pedestrians to finish crossing before turning, and crawling to a stop. If i do jackrabbit runs from stop light to stop light and really abuse the gas pedal, it will hit 9.5 mpg.

The only bright side is highway driving, where I usually get over what the EPA numbers are for this car. 27-30mpg. Two nights ago I scored 30.1 mpg for a nice 10 minute stretch cruising at 62mph.

I will take a video of what I call NYC traffic next time. Stop light, then 15 mph crawl with no heavy acceleration, a string of 4 green lights going at 30 mph, then stop light for 2 minutes, waiting for pedestrians to finish crossing before turning, and crawling to a stop. If i do jackrabbit runs from stop light to stop light and really abuse the gas pedal, it will hit 9.5 mpg.

The only bright side is highway driving, where I usually get over what the EPA numbers are for this car. 27-30mpg. Two nights ago I scored 30.1 mpg for a nice 10 minute stretch cruising at 62mph.

Wow. I feel sorry for ya. I live in the country and only drive into town for work, shopping, and taking the kids to school and stuff. Of course I don't live near any "big" cities like NYC. So I can't even begin to comprehend that type of driving. The closest I think I've been to that was driving in Charlotte. It's horrible.

The closest I think I've been to that was driving in Charlotte. It's horrible.
It's not even close to NYC...
as for the jackrabit start part I mentioned, I was referencing getting onto the throughway- rocket out to get into traffic, then roll.

Also it's important to remember Ford's fuel computer gives you instant MPG when you hit reset. Leave it alone for about 3-4 tanks of gas to get a true average MPG.

My wife's MKX has hit 42 MPG and 8 MPG (both on the highway) when I hit reset on it depending on how I am accelarating as I watch what the computer puts up there. However she consistantly gets 18.1 over the course of the 3+ years we have had it

I have hit 27 average MPG in both my LSs but I consistently hit 20.1. I don't reset my fuel button regularly. I am going to assume if Brklynexpress has hit 10.5 MPG it is due to how recently the computer was reset and what type of driving was done since last reset, especially in stop and go NY traffic.

I reset the computer when I get into different driving modes. If i am on the highway i will reset to see what im getting, and then reset in the city. I get about 210 to 280 miles on a tank, and thats 17 gal with 1 gal usually in reserve (driving on fumes and then filling up i pay for 17 gallons, but the tank i believe is 18.

That seems to be really low. I get about 370 miles to a tank with a 18 gallon tank...

210/17 gallons = 12.3 mpg

280/17 gallons = 16.4 mpg

You may want to get that checked out. That car is rated at what 16/24? a combo of 20 mpg? Does it require premium? (I saw a 2 mpg loss in one tank when I ran 87 in the LS) If so are are you running premium? Do you keep your foot in it? Do you spend most of your time letting the car idle? Do you run the A/C even when you don't need it? All those things play a factor, but even still it should be getting better than 12-16. Look on the SHO forums to see what MPG they are getting out of their 3.5 Ecoboost engines...

I test drove one and was very impressed with it. This is the replacement to the Town Car. Thats why its so big and tall. The LS was it own design. You have to remember that the town car was used for a variety of uses. Like a luxury taxi in NYC. So they needed something that could fill that void and still look good. It really is not on the performance side lke a Mark VIII or LS.

I test drove one and was very impressed with it.

Glad you liked it. I haven't driven one. And I won't. When they turn the engine 90 degrees, put the tranny behind it and connect it to the rear end with a driveshaft, then I'll drive one. Until then, they can keep their wrong-wheel-drive POS imitation Lincoln.

This is the replacement to the Town Car.

That's sad. But unfortunately true.

Thats why its so big and tall.

The Town Car was never that tall. The TC of the past few years has been a very lean, sleek design that looked really good and well proportioned. The attractive proportions of the TC were no doubt due to its Rear-Wheel-Drive layout. The MKS is almost as tall as I am. It's stupid tall. It's almost SUV tall. There's no excuse for that. It makes the car look short and stubby. And the odd FWD proportions don't help the car's looks at all.

The LS was it own design.

Not necessarily. It was built on the Jaguar DEW98 platform that was shared with the Jag S-Type and Ford Thunderbird. And the LS was a true premium luxury car with REAR-WHEEL-DRIVE and a V-8 engine. The MKS' lack of RWD and V-8 effectively disqualify it from playing in the premium luxury car sandbox occupied by Cadillac, Mercedes, BMW, Infiniti, etc.

You have to remember that the town car was used for a variety of uses. Like a luxury taxi in NYC. So they needed something that could fill that void and still look good.

The wrong-wheel-drive Volvo D4 platform that underpins the MKS would never be able to stand the type of abuse the Town Car's RWD BOF platform can as a NYC taxi. It'll never happen. And in order for the MKS to look "good" it nees to be about 6 inches shorter in height and about 4 inches wider. And they need to do something about all that front overhang and move the base of the windshield back so it's not right over the front wheels. FWD sucks.

It really is not on the performance side lke a Mark VIII or LS.

Not by a looooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooong shot!

I'm getting one. 360hp and i'm probably gonna run 87 octane in it too.
2011 EcoBoost, Bordeaux Reserve Red over camel.
Always a Lincoln fan, hopefully in 39 months they will have RWD.

Members online

Back