Anyone own an MKS yet

Test drove one when they first came out. The dealer gave me the keys to take her for a spin. NICE! the only thing that bothers me is the tourque on the front end. I could be happy with the rest. It's acutally only shorter by about a foot and half.....compared to the Towncar. I will probably buy one after the first/second year after reviews, recalls and reports are published.

Test drove one when they first came out. The dealer gave me the keys to take her for a spin. NICE! the only thing that bothers me is the tourque on the front end. I could be happy with the rest. It's acutally only shorter by about a foot and half.....compared to the Towncar. I will probably buy one after the first/second year after reviews, recalls and reports are published.

I think an EcoBoost twin turbo + AWD version will probably mitigate the understeer from the torque.

According to the test driver.....he was picking up parts for his kit car....the 2010 he is driving with the twin turbo AWD is great. But then he works for ford. The engine is massive and the car really looks like a fast machine. It is a really tall looking car and the taurus SHO for 2010 will be the same . He also said that the 0-60 is.....I cannot say but it whipped the caddy bad in several tries on the Az test track here. Because it was a test car it was rather plain not a lot of chrome but I liked it. He also said that without the awd you could not steer the car...it is over 4000 pounds. Other than being White, popular color here in AZ, it is a excellant looking and sounding car, supposedly under 40k!!

According to the test driver.....he was picking up parts for his kit car....the 2010 he is driving with the twin turbo AWD is great. But then he works for ford. The engine is massive and the car really looks like a fast machine. It is a really tall looking car and the taurus SHO for 2010 will be the same . He also said that the 0-60 is.....I cannot say but it whipped the caddy bad in several tries on the Az test track here. Because it was a test car it was rather plain not a lot of chrome but I liked it. He also said that without the awd you could not steer the car...it is over 4000 pounds. Other than being White, popular color here in AZ, it is a excellant looking and sounding car, supposedly under 40k!!

Great news mrzeee! Can't wait to see it.

Got One

I have one. Have had it for 3 weeks now. I tried driving many cars in its segment and it gave the most for a cheaper price than most others. My only complaint is the lack of power compared to most others. Although i did get this for it's smooth, comfortable and quite rid, and not so much for speed. It is a big car and has a high rearend. I would recommend it over a lexus GS, Audi A6, Mercedes E class and Cadillac. Again not counting the power.

I just want to be able to deactivate the DVD player only being able to work in park. I want it to work when in motion also. Anyone who knows how please let me know.

I looked at one when I had my LS serviced. It was a real nice car. I like the interior and all the features. The disadvantage is that it is fwd. I prefer rwd.

Doug

I looked at one when I had my LS serviced. It was a real nice car. I like the interior and all the features. The disadvantage is that it is fwd. I prefer rwd.

Doug

AWD might not be so bad, when paired with the twin turbos. Can't wait for the 2010 MKS, which unfortunately will not be debuting with the EcoBoost until the summer of 2009.

http://blogs.cars.com/kickingtires/2008/10/ecoboost-on-its.html

- The Ecoboost-outfitted Lincoln MKS will feature a twin-turbocharged 3.5-liter V-6 making an estimated 340 horsepower and 340 pounds-feet of torque.

- Lincoln will be the first brand under Ford’s umbrella to offer the Ecoboost engine, starting as an optional engine in the 2010 Lincoln MKS that is scheduled to begin production at the Chicago plant in summer 2009.

- Estimated fuel economy for the MKS with an Ecoboost engine is 25 mpg on the highway.

- One month after the engine’s debut in the MKS, Ford’s three-row Flex crossover SUV will receive the Ecoboost engine. For the 2011 model year there will be a version available in the F-150.

well most peaple dont look at mpg all they think about is 4cyl, v6 or v8 -- alot of consumers dont have the concept that a v8 may not always waste more gas than a v6, for example my lsv8 and the new v6's that nissan and honda are offerering have the same horespower and mpg ratings but since peaple see v8 they may not want to get it. its all a marketing if you ask me.

well most peaple dont look at mpg all they think about is 4cyl, v6 or v8 -- alot of consumers dont have the concept that a v8 may not always waste more gas than a v6, for example my lsv8 and the new v6's that nissan and honda are offerering have the same horespower and mpg ratings but since peaple see v8 they may not want to get it. its all a marketing if you ask me.

If the test drive video is to be believed, the EcoBoost on a Ford Taurus platform outperforms an STS with a V-8. So why not get a better performing engine with comparable fuel economy? BMW has created a remarkable family of high performance sedans centered around its twin turbo-6 engine- if Ford can manage the same, then I say go for it.

My FWD does 24hwy. I see no reason to get a twin turbo for an extra mile per gallon. That is not cost effective. Plus, the standard V6 is powerful enough. I don't see anyone racing any M series or AMG's even with the twin turbo. This car is not about brut power. If that is what you are looking for, then this is not for you and there are more than enough other cars that will suit you. This car is about pure smoothness and it does that extremely well. If you put it in sport mode or manuel shift, the performance is much better. But again, this is all about comfort. I love it.

I saw an MKS while on a lunch break today. It looks quite nice! Not nearly as long and unwieldy as I thought, but the quality looks significantly better than my LS.

The double-five 19" wheels were pretty sick.

The double-five 19" wheels were pretty sick.

Like these on my MKS? (Note the two-tone finish).

MKS 6.jpg

OK, OK... Here are a few shots of the car on the dealer lot just before I picked it up. I will post better photos when the weather gets better (darn snow all over the place around here and the car is dirty).

Got a real good deal with the Employee Pricing. It was A-Plan, and I had a couple extra rebates. Mine has the Ultimate Package, which includes all the options except the 20 inch rims (mine are 19-inch two tone) and the radar cruise control.

Sync is great. Paired up with my Blackberry 8830 immediately and downloaded the phone book. My new iPod Nano 4G works great too. Many things are voice controlled (Nav, maps, phone, radio, ipod, climate control), so its a breeze to operate everything hands-free. The Sirius Travel-Link gives you traffic and weather. The build quality is really Lexus-like. Very nice, with great finishes and textures. The V6 is a little sluggish when its in the wrong gear, but responds very quickly. Once you're in the power band, it moves at a good pace. Not like the LS, but pretty good for a luxury car.

NEW 1.jpg

NEW 4.jpg

NEW 3.jpg

Thanks Todd, beautiful car. I'd take the 19s over the 20s anyday.

If you don't mind my asking, how much did the employee pricing deduct from the original price?

Thanks Todd, beautiful car. I'd take the 19s over the 20s anyday.

If you don't mind my asking, how much did the employee pricing deduct from the original price?

A-Plan brought the cost of the car down from about $46K to about $40K including the destination fee ($800). My additional rebates knocked off another $2500. And the dealer absorbed my last two LS lease payments. Its definitely a Buyer's Market right now.

Hey Todd, Just in case no body told you today.. NICE CAR. color and wheels wouldn't look good on many others but on that thing its gorgeous. I like it alot.

A-Plan brought the cost of the car down from about $46K to about $40K including the destination fee ($800). My additional rebates knocked off another $2500. And the dealer absorbed my last two LS lease payments. Its definitely a Buyer's Market right now.

By the way ToddG, how's the trunk opening width? I've heard some complaints that it's too narrow- is it more narrow than the LS?

By the way ToddG, how's the trunk opening width? I've heard some complaints that it's too narrow- is it more narrow than the LS?

This is true. The opening is somewhat smaller than the LS. However, the actual trunk size is quite large, and larger than the LS. I've transported several bulky items (suitcases, my brief bag, bags of sand, and bags of kitty litter), and have had no problems.

I know when I looked at one at the dealership, I though the opening seamed small for how large the trunks actually is. I seriously think if the suspension would take it your could put a couple of Small Blocks in the back and have room for your duffle bag. Its seammed pretty large to me. and i love the room in mine

Members online

No members online now.
Back