anyone buy from mopar68gtx on Ebay please read

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrScalia

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
I called the guy up and spoke with him about buy`n a driver side fender green if he had one.

I end up paying $156 shipped ,

when it got here I get a fender that was green and now is painted red.
the top part were the fender meets the hood is bent (he said must have happened in the shipping and is filing a claim with DHL)
I look on the lower part and its chipping and looks like it been bondoed
the fact that the guy said he had 6 or so to choose from and this is the one he sends me.

fender.jpg

bondo.jpg

fenderbent.jpg

Shipping the wrong color is one thing. Being bent from shipping is probable, but its used and you will never find a perfect match in perfect condition, if it was perfect odds are the car would not be parted out in the first place. At least he filed a claim. I hate DHL! Try shipping tannign lamps with those idiots, "Gee, I think some broke, just sign for it though."

Did you talk to Jamie or Pete?

I bought from them once, and that's the last time.
They post an ad on Ebay for parts at like $.01 or something, they say email them with what you want, then make the purchase outside of Ebay, that way their feedback is not affected.
Can anyone recommend anyone else to buy from?

unity said:
Shipping the wrong color is one thing. Being bent from shipping is probable, but its used and you will never find a perfect match in perfect condition, if it was perfect odds are the car would not be parted out in the first place. At least he filed a claim. I hate DHL! Try shipping tannign lamps with those idiots, "Gee, I think some broke, just sign for it though."

Did you talk to Jamie or Pete?

Pete is who emailed me.

I called them about a hood earlyer in the year , they said the hood would have costed $200 crating fee of $75 and shipping around $200 ..... they said Oh ya we have a green one ...... I would have been pissed to no end if they had shipped me a hood as beat up as my fender, Lucky I found one in Sac, for $100 + $45 in gas to drive down thier !

DHL I called them , all they could say it could take a month for anything to happen.

I bought a few parts from him on ebay. I got what I was bidding on and had no problems.

For southeast owners

http://www.raafordparts.com/

these guys are fairly priced and have saved me alot of time and money. They have helped me with parts for my 89 5.0 and now my 01 LS. Dont know about their geographical range, but it might not be a bad idea to inquire. Also their sites says they are linked to a Sh1t load of other yards. check em out and let me know what you find. Hope this helps someone

Ill even ship it for you if they have something you really need. dont bother me, Its about 3 exits from my house and 1 from my work.

I bought stuff from him too. Other than the parts being a little more dirty than I'd like, I've had no problems.

His prices were a tad high, but most Mark VIII parts seem to be a ripoff in general anyway - he is no different.

Paul.

I have bought some things in the past , Don't recall what.
I am piceing my 94 back together. I don't remember having problems:cool:

driller said:

+1

I feel also his parts are somewhat 'high'. I would be more spontaneous in buying if they weren't, but I've always recieved what I won/ordered, packaging is always excellent in my experience, and.. I get it when they say it'll be here.

On the other hand, I'm made uncomfortable to see your experience after my LAST purchase. I generously paid a very* high premium for a premium condition part in a rush,, sort of as insurance for extra care to the particular transaction, and I got a lesser condition part with an incorporated part I had to change out because it showed up broke. (definately unrelative to shipping) I shrugged it off from past good experiences... but your situation makes it kinda hard now.

driller said:

+1

I feel also his parts are somewhat 'high'. I would be more spontaneous in buying if they weren't, but I've always recieved what I won/ordered, packaging is always excellent in my experience, and.. I get it when they say it'll be here.

On the other hand, I'm made uncomfortable to see your experience after my LAST purchase. I paid a premium for a premium condition part in a rush, and I got a lesser condition part with an incorporated part I had to change out because it showed up broke. I shrugged it off from past good experiences... and the fact that I was happy just to have some type of replacement right away. but your situation makes it kinda hard now.

On the other board, there use to be tel2000 who I've heard nothing but good from, and 'sonny day out' .. guy's name is sonny. Not sure on his story, but he is quick to offer solutions when people have problems, which may be a good sign.

I bought a gas tank from him. It's like new. I haven't installed it yet.

I'd worry about shipping body parts though.

I bought serveral smaller items from these guys off of ebay in the past but the last item was my last one. The trim part that I got was broken so I decided to email them and ask for a refund. We went back in forth serveral times via emails with the both of the jerks. Finally, Jamie did agree to give me my money back but he bitched about it so much I ended up telling him to shove it if they needed the money so much they had to be sell junk. I think it was only about $25.00 so it wasn't a money issue with me but the fact that they sold me POS that I didn't get to use. Yeah, I did get my money back but I won't be purchasing anything else from them because of the crap I had to go though to get them to do the right thing here with that purchase. If anyone does purchase anything from these guys it would be wise to only use a secured transaction with them and don't purchase anything directly from them.

1st there's no freakin way you can say they are too high on shipping. They charge actual shipping costs and they are quite reasonable. For instance, I bought a driveshaft off ebay from him, and to ship it from the bottom of Florida where they are to Arkansas (1/2 way across the country), it was only $18 and some change. The shipping costs on everything I've bought from him have been right in line with actual costs...how do I know this? I ship a lot of stuff myself so I know what reasonable shipping expenses are.

2nd their prices on stuff are very reasonable, sometimes on the side of being low. Almost everything I've ever priced from them has been lower than any other price I could find. Now if you are talking about ebay prices, that's dictated by the bidders and not them, so you can't argue those prices.

3rd I doubt very highly they told you they were shipping you a green fender and sent a red one instead. You must have misunderstood what they told you.

4th anything can get damaged in shipping, I'm sure they didn't send you a damaged part, I've dealt with them quite a bit and always get exactly what I wanted.

5th If they are so bad how come their ebay feedback doesn't show it?

maskmarkman said:
I bought serveral smaller items from these guys off of ebay in the past but the last item was my last one. The trim part that I got was broken...

I'm willing to bet it said in the auction it was broken. I've seen several parts they sell that state right in the auction they are broken. I've even had a couple of conversations with Jamie about people buying stuff that said it was broken in the auction and then complaining about it being broken after they got it. A couple of those off the top of my head were a grill and a seat switch bezel which said in the ebay auction they were broken.

Some people have had a good experance with them as i have in the past but and it only takes one bad experance to turn me off of doing any other transactions with them in the future. Again, it would be wise to only do a surcure transaction with these guys... The only thing I ask is for them to be fair about the transaction and if they have to bitch over a $25.00 then something is wrong... I'm in the car business and I have to take care of my customers to "earn" their business and that is the cost of doing business.....Its called customer satisfaction and maybe the guys in Florida should learn a little bit more of what that means and they wouldn't have to worry about and negitive posting. The right thing to do here within is the make the purchaser happy even if it hurts your pocket book a little bit.

maskmarkman said:
...The only thing I ask is for them to be fair about the transaction and if they have to bitch over a $25.00 then something is wrong...

Why would you gripe about getting a busted part if it said right in the auction that it was broke? Seems like you were just upset because you failed to read the descrition? This is the auction you won isn't it?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=260015268063

Just asking, but do you work for them or know them by any chance? You seem to have a good deal of detailed knowledge about their operations and practices.

Dominus said:
Just asking, but do you work for them or know them by any chance? You seem to have a good deal of detailed knowledge about their operations and practices.

No I do not work for them. They are in south Florida and I am in Central Arkansas. I do know Jamie from dealing with him on parts. When I build a car/truck and find a good place to buy parts from I tend to get to know quite a bit about them. Check out my home page for a few of my previous rides. I'm just backing up someone I know who "is good people" as some would say. My experience with them has been nothing but favorable and I hate to see someone get bashed that doesn't deserve it.

lol, the man made the negitive posting because he didn't get what he bargained or paid for, Point Blank.... Your sounding like your connected with this guys or something like that??? Why don't you just pick up the phone and call your partners up and tell them to just take better care of the customers and they wouldn't have this bad press or have to have people like yourself out here trying defending their bad business transactions. Really the pics speak for themselfs and their is no defending that....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Back