Angel eye problem

urbomlevi07

LVC Member
Reaction score
The other day I pulled up behind a car and my passenger side angel eyes looked a little weird. At first I thought it was just the curves in the car, but then I got paranoid about it and turned them off. When I got home I switched them on and this is what I came across

th_photo-3.jpg

Has anyone else had this issue with theirs? Any ideas on how to remedy this situation? Could it be just a loose wire? The reason I ask that is because sometimes it is on and sometimes its not on. If I notice it when I am unlocking my car I'll hit the top of the headlight and it will come on....but it worked flawlessly for two years.

I even searched on here and on google and nothing popped up. Thanks for pointin me in the right direction

You're welcome :D

I remember reading that thread a long time ago. When I noticed mine was doing that it took me quiet a while to find that thread again.

I am actually in the middle of installing the angel eyes (on my 06, and yes I have spread them like Alex showed us), so it would be a good idea to prevent failure in the future by fixing this now...unfortunately I have already siliconed the rings to the bezel, but according to andrizzle this isnt a huge issue (just dont solder them still attached to the front of the ring - i got that much)... however Im not exactly sure the easiest way to take the back (plastic) off the rings without damaging anything.. any pointers??

It depends how you mounted them, if there is glue and stuff over the back of the rings, it may be tough to do it without peeling them off.

The backing is basically a curved piece of plastic that is wedged below a little lip just inside the ring's cavity. So if you can get a knife or something between the two and pry u, you can probably work your way around easily and get it off.

Like I said, you basically just need access to the back of the LED board, so once the backing is off, you're good to go. I just recommend trying to pry that portion of the board out as to slide something between it and the face of the rings (so if solder drips, it won't drop into the ring)

Awesome Drizz...thanks alot for the insight - the little tips 'n tricks you guys have learned while working with these things makes everything much easier the second time (and for the rest of us) :D

Once you get the backing off I'm pretty sure the board will just come right out IIRC

Members online

No members online now.
Back