An Afternoon in the Junkyard

GMAN

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
My little spot where I get most of my parts haven't had many Marks lately. Today, I came across this 97, and If anybody needs anything off of it, let me know I can get it for you. I've already grabbed the alternator cover, and the battery cover, but there's not much else I need. There are four good silver 10-spokes on the car, and the front air bags are still inflated.
img_0847.gif

img_0849-1.gif

img_0850-1.gif

img_0851-1.gif

img_0852-1.gif

img_0853-1.gif

img_0854-1.gif

img_0855-1.gif

img_0856-1.gif

img_0857-1.gif

img_0858-1.gif

img_0859-1.gif

img_0860-1.gif

img_0861-1.gif

You should grab the cupholder. I can't ever bear to leave one in the junkyard, whether I need it or not.

that pass front strut looks like its full still i still need a strut if you could steal it for dirt cheap i have tried 4 already i wont be happy if a 5th one leaks i might set the car on fire! could you see how much you could get it for? also, did it have both front floor mats mine are the right color but collector edition mats. if you have time thanks, if not no biggy.

img_0847.gif

You know, I expect the average yokel to make the mistake of calling our cars a "Continental", but you'd think a salvage yard operator would know better. Jeez.

Just a big pet peeve of mine. :mad:

BTW, what exactly was wrong with the car before it was hauled to the junkyard? I see no body damage at all.

Might be a good place get parts then. If they don`t know what they got,...It might be cheap. And all Mark owners like cheap! lol

It has no arms.

Is the rest of the cupholder assembly in good shape? The ashtray door looks good. I can fix "no arms" very easily. I've got a whole plastic tote full of cupholder pieces. See if you can get me that cupholder assembly cheap and I'll fix it up. Just point out the fact that it's broken.
You get enough broken cupholder assemblies, you eventually start having enough pieces to make whole ones. Let me know how much you can get it for.
Thanks!

let me know how much for both front struts, I could meet you half way with the money and possibly the compressor.

that pass front strut looks like its full still i still need a strut if you could steal it for dirt cheap i have tried 4 already i wont be happy if a 5th one leaks i might set the car on fire! could you see how much you could get it for? also, did it have both front floor mats mine are the right color but collector edition mats. if you have time thanks, if not no biggy.

Jamie, there's only one mat in the car. I looked for the passenger, but couldn't find it. The struts sell for $60 each that is the price I pay them.

How much for the 10 spoke rims?Any damage on them and how much to ship to Mass. Thanks

Will a 2nd gen steering wheel fit on a 96? Mine is pretty ragged on top, that one looks pretty nice.

yo Gman, how much do the door panels go for? those look decent and ive got a set of spare good buttons
Also Mark ( Twinbopilot) needs a clock spring

Will a 2nd gen steering wheel fit on a 96? Mine is pretty ragged on top, that one looks pretty nice.

You would have to take both wheels to a welder, and have the center from the gen 1 wheel cut out and welded into the center of the gen 2 wheel and it will work.

Hey GMAN, where is this at?...I need the front body parts

This is at LKQ Pick-A-Part in North Houston.

yo Gman, how much do the door panels go for? those look decent and ive got a set of spare good buttons
Also Mark ( Twinbopilot) needs a clock spring

The door panels go for $40 each. I can pull door panels, can't speak for the clock spring. Pulling the steering column is no problem. They charge $80 for the column. They frown on disassembling parts for smaller parts.

I see alot of them called continentals at the junk yard!!! Plus, I see alot of them at the junkyards w/o any body damage!! I think they go there if the engine or suspension goes out!

If I'm not mistaking, our cars used to be Continental Marks! The name has probably stuck around to the older people.

As far as the reason why they are junked? That just makes me want to puke!
Puke2.gif

A solid Mark is a solid Mark... DAMN SUSPENSION! I wish people were wiser & I wish the dumb ones would call me & donate their Mark VIII's to me! :D

Can you get me the Ballast ??? I really want a OEM one...Please let me know i will PM u my number.

does the passenger side mirror have the black trim around it?

Members online

No members online now.
Back