Aluminum Grill completed!

Nightsky 93 VIII

LVC Member
Reaction score
Here is the first picture of the promised grill.

I'll post more pics after I get it fit on my car better tomorrow in the light of day.

Pricing is going up to around $250, but I will be offering a rebate on the first round if your willing to put in a down payment/earnest payment.

grill1.JPG

That thing looks pretty good, I will have to wait and see it on the car to see if it will work for me. I kinda need the factory portion that goes all the way around the grille itself for what I have in mind....but looks good none the less. :Beer

That grille is HOT!!!! And, anything looks better than my highly abused factory one...$250 is cheap compared to replacing that plain-jain... When will they be available? Email julian.pierce@navy.mil when they're ready for order.
Thanks,
Julian

No offense but IMHO its not that much off stock?
The ends are bent funny on the bottom. The tops are cut all uneven.
Looks a little on the tacky side for me.

Ill keep with my grill.

grill4web.jpg

grillclose.jpg

ONEBADMK8 said:
No offense but IMHO its not that much off stock?
The ends are bent funny on the bottom. The tops are cut all uneven.
Looks a little on the tacky side for me.

Ill keep with my grill.

As always, your welcome to your oppinion Geno. I like your grill too, but most people don't have that bad custom spoiler on the back either.

The top pieces of the grill will be covered, not important. Check out the picture in my next upcoming post.

Nightsky 93 VIII said:
As always, your welcome to your oppinion Geno. I like your grill too, but most people don't have that bad custom spoiler on the back either.

The top pieces of the grill will be covered, not important. Check out the picture in my next upcoming post.
Oh right cause the trim will be there (DAA ME!!) What about the bottom part? Is that bent area just on the first one deal and will be more uniformed on the regular ones? ALso a Lincoln Star in the middle would do it justice I think. It should be easy to adapt even for the buyer if you don't do it.

Either way its the same price as a stocker (or less?) and who wants a stock rill anyway. LOL!

Aluminum Grill ON the car

OK, for all those that say words are nothing...

Yes, they are close to stock. That is what 65% of the population wanted when I did polls about this. About 25% wanted horizontal and another group wanted something custom like yours. I went with those that wanted the stocker look.

Prices will be put in stone in the next week or two and I'll set up a link to do the orders then. This will require some time and effort for the install. It took me about 3 hours total to remove and fit the new grill. Put aside a bit more time to color match the mounting brackets on a car that is not black like mine(buy touch up paint and paint the mounts, screws, etc.).

Here are the pics, I hope you like them I fought hard on this 'little' project.

grill-front.jpg

grill-left.jpg

grill-right.jpg

Looks great but those end pieces should be a one piece border type look. They look unfinished just bent in at the bottoms. Other then that it looks great.

ONEBADMK8 said:
Looks great but those end pieces should be a one piece border type look. They look unfinished just bent in at the bottoms. Other then that it looks great.

I also wanted the ends to come around underneath but it would cost more and I wanted to keep the price right. Welding and finishing those ends would be alot more work and time.

Nightsky 93 VIII said:
I also wanted the ends to come around underneath but it would cost more and I wanted to keep the price right. Welding and finishing those ends would be alot more work and time.
Yeah true. Have you tried to leave the ends a little shorter and straight.

i thnk that pricy for that.......liek geno said it need a border at the bottem. and more space between the bars... :waving:

It reminds me of the bristles that baleen whales have so they can eat plankton. You know how they say Mark 8's have whale exteriors? Well, now it's complete :)

Nightsky, I think it looks good. It could've used a border at the bottom but if the price was too high, then yeah leave it out. Can we have more pics of the car from far away? I wanna see the effect it has.

I don't have a Mark VIII but that grille looks hot. I'm with Geno, the stock emblem or the like would look great on the front.

seanklsc said:
It reminds me of the bristles that baleen whales have so they can eat plankton. You know how they say Mark 8's have whale exteriors? Well, now it's complete :)

Nightsky, I think it looks good. It could've used a border at the bottom but if the price was too high, then yeah leave it out. Can we have more pics of the car from far away? I wanna see the effect it has.

Actually the digital photos make it look a bit different than it really is. I took it by the track last night and XLRVIII saw it. He noted that it looked like the stock grill until he inspected it. It really does not look so gawdy in person. I'll see if I can put it next to another stock Mark to show the difference side by side.

yep it NEEDS a bottom border, and also i think it would do it much justice if it had an old horizontal star, instead of the one that is currently on there ( i too also wanna see one with horizontal bars)

Members online

No members online now.
Back