Aluminium Degas Bottle

Only wanting to find a metal cap for fear of longevity as the aluminum bottle is warmer.
It's the same temperature, roughly the same temp as the coolant. Aluminum just feels hotter to us because it transfers the heat much faster. Same reason room temp aluminum feels ice cold

Well hmmm. In perusing the internet for sight glasses... I stumbled across this.

Coolant Sight Glass

Joe... a bit off topic for this thread... but would something like this be beneficial to bleeding the LS cooling system... and where would it be best installed? Possibly the upper TB heater hose? That would be the highest point on the engine... correct?

Well... the reservoir tank for the Cummins is aluminum, (previous engine had a steel one), but here's a pic:

IMG_20191007_070716585.jpg

No pressure rating on the cap... but they usually run 16psi. No numbers on the part... so I'll have to pull the numbers off the engine... and on a free weekend go to the local Cummins dealer and see if they can find it.

Once that's done and the sight glass is acquired... It's a matter of figuring out the size and threads... then ordering a bung from the website link in a previous post.

Of course this may depend on whether or not the Ebay degas holds the same liquid volume as the OEM plastic one.

Any ideas on that Stinking Lincoln 1 ???

Last edited:
Well... the reservoir tank for the Cummins is aluminum, (previous engine had a steel one), but here's a pic:

View attachment 828572944

No pressure rating on the cap... but they usually run 16psi. No numbers on the part... so I'll have to pull the numbers off the engine... and on a free weekend go to the local Cummins dealer and see if they can find it.

Once that's done and the sight glass is acquired... It's a matter of figuring out the size and threads... then ordering a bung from the website link in a previous post.

Of course this may depend on whether or not the Ebay degas holds the same liquid volume as the OEM plastic one.

Any ideas on that Stinking Lincoln 1 ???

Sorry been busy I've had 0 issues with bottle working like a champ. As for the sight glass looks pretty good. As for fluid capacity it seems to be very close or spot on fluid capacity.

Thank you, I just placed the order. The aluminum eBay unit looked nice, but barely fit and I couldn't be sure if the tubes were routed correctly internally, so that proper degassing and pressures could happen inside. Should have went with FSP from the beginning.

Members online

No members online now.
Back