Aluminium Degas Bottle

This is all assuming that the Ebay degas bottle properly fits the location of the OEM degas bottle... and is actually the same capacity.
It's coming from China....I'm going to order it ...curiosity is killing this cat ;)

- A hole saw

- One of these sized appropriately
NPT Fittings - Aluminum Fittings - Weld-in Fittings - Parts

- Someone who can tig weld

- And a sight glass to fit the bung... rated at 30psi @ 250 degrees or more.

You would also have to fill the tank to the OEM capacity to locate the sight glass to where it will read both cold level and hot level.
My neighbor is a Union welder ...very good if not the best I've ever seen ...he could complete this work just have to get the right specs for coolant and what not in the right location as you already said

I took the plunge and bought the Ebay bottle and I had to bend alittle of the flair where the 10mm bolt goes at the top of the factory bottle to fit and had to self tap the other 10mm it was tight between the brake booster but it's in and I have had 0 issues.

20190823_135458.jpg

No issues will take a picture when I get home
Just curious why you want an aluminium cap? The plastic MotorCraft Caps should work fine...FWIW I think I'd prefer a plastic cap over a metal one...Thanks for stepping up to the plate and taking a swing ...much appreciated From the pictures it looks like it's right at home on the LS and should have been on the LS from the start

Well I check it on the regular in the mornings and I dont have the means to make the glass modifications. Also if my lincoln developes a leak the car will let me know. As I'm sure any ls owners already know that has had any coolant leaks.

This was just a suggestion to anyone that checks there fluids constantly and cant fab one themselves. Same price as our crappy dorman bottles.

Well I check it on the regular in the mornings and I dont have the means to make the glass modifications.

Not always. Ask Dutch about that. His only evidence was visually seen bubbling in the degas bottle.
I'm torn between agreeing and disagreeing with these two statements ...yes the sight glass would be a PLUS and greatly produce visual evidence of leaking/microcracks/bubbles/boiling...but I also agree that if you keep a good eye on the levels in the morning and periodically hook up a bluetooth OBDII scanner tool such as Forscan or such on your SmartPhone which shows the engine coolant Temp "Live Streaming" because yes it's a fact the gauge stays dead center from 190-239 but 230 is already stage 1 of overheating. I still find this very exciting and a OVERDUE Option for the common man who doesn't have the resources WHATEVER the case may be ...I for one want to see how this holds up over time...I have so many projects on the table right now I had to put this Aluminium Degas on the back burner for now... but it's beyond AWESOME that Stinkinlincoln has it installed and testing it out for us all

This wasnt supposed to be a point out the obvious (that it doesnt have a glass piece) I wish it did but it doesnt. It was supposed to be to show there is options if you cant afford the motorcraft bottle and or have constant dorman failures. Just trying to give the forum a few month tested option and my findings on this product

Thanks Joegr thought about that after my statement. They include a "updated cap with this bottle. And I am glad to see you here after all these years you have helped me thru a ton of crap.

And that's fine. My preference is to be able to see the level from the side as a quick check... because sometimes a persons eyes can play tricks on them.

At work I deal with a sight glass in solid steel coolant tank on a Cummins every day, and I like it better because looking down on liquid level can be deceiving without "dipping" the tank.

Please keep us posted on your results and long term testing.

In the mean time... (lightbulb moment), I will try to source the part number for the sight glass on the Cummins tank, (as I have time). With one of the weld-in bungs provided in a link in an above post... this could become a viable "add on" improvement to the aluminum eBay degas bottle.

Members online

No members online now.
Back