AdvanceTrak weirdness

Stopsign002

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
I've done a few burn outs in the LS. But lately if I try the back tires won't break away and the AT warning comes up on the message center. The car feels as though I didn't turn AT off but I definitely did. The check AT message stays until I restart the car. Yet, if I turn AT off I can easily do power slides (as well as this car does without a LSD that is). What the hell is going on? If I turn AT off why would that message be coming up and it stopping me from burning out?

power slides, burnouts... you really are beat the sh!t out of your LS aren't you!!! I'm guessing you might have a wheel speed sensor going out, but thats more of an educated guess than anything....

I believe that some amount of traction control remains active even with AdvanceTrac turned off.

You'll have to get it scanned with a tool that can read Ford specific codes to find out why the light is coming on.

power slides, burnouts... you really are beat the sh!t out of your LS aren't you!!! I'm guessing you might have a wheel speed sensor going out, but thats more of an educated guess than anything....

Lol yeah I guess so. I really don't understand the point of getting a car I love driving and not driving the way I want to. Obviously I don't drive around power sliding all the time, probably a few a month. But the burnout thing has been confusing me, because when I got the car it was no issue at all. But now it won't do it

I've done maybe 12-15 power slides and 4 successful burn outs and a couple failed ones (since the problem started) in the 10k miles I've had the car

I believe that some amount of traction control remains active even with AdvanceTrac turned off.

You'll have to get it scanned with a tool that can read Ford specific codes to find out why the light is coming on.

For the message center you can only read those with a ford scanner? Not my ODBII?

AFAIK, Transmission/ABS codes are not part of the standard trouble codes programmed in a cheaper scanner. The only items my xcal can read are engine dtc's.

For the message center you can only read those with a ford scanner? Not my ODBII?

Climate control, ABS, AdvanceTrac, most REM, most FEM, PATS, SRS, almost anything that isn't OBDII mandated emissions codes requires something that can read Ford specific codes.

doesnt the top of the line model have two traction buttons? one for standard traction control and one for advancetrac? did you press em both?

? pretty simple question from someone with a non-advancetrak v6 who wouldnt know.
if anything is deserving of a palm in face its the fact that guy is doing burnouts and powerslides in his lincoln ls and is wondering why something is out of spec.

? pretty simple question from someone with a non-advancetrak v6 who wouldnt know.
if anything is deserving of a palm in face its the fact that guy is doing burnouts and powerslides in his lincoln ls and is wondering why something is out of spec.

Its just one button.

The LS is RWD and a V8, well for some of us. If you haven't did a burnout or powerslide you need a palm in your face.

Its just one button.

The LS is RWD and a V8, well for some of us. If you haven't did a burnout or powerslide you need a palm in your face.

i never have. I choose not to, even though i know i very well can ;)

I do like to launch it pretty hard on green lights tho, I leave some very nice 1's on road :D

pretty simple question from someone with a non-advancetrak v6 who wouldnt know.
not really,no you pretty much just assumed that it did, not really asking a question about how it works.

if your going to offer help to someone, we kinda would like it if you at least understand how it works before you try to "help" them.

part of buying a quality machine, is knowing you can give it hell every once in a while. cant really know what the car can or can't do if you dont test its limits

If you haven't did a burnout or powerslide you need a palm in your face.
Church!

part of buying a quality machine, is knowing you can give it hell every once in a while. cant really know what the car can or can't do if you dont test its limits

Thank you! I enjoy driving. A lot. I go out of my way to find winding roads to drive hard on. If you don't enjoy that then fine, to each their own. But this is a luxury SPORTS sedan. Some lean towards luxury. I lean towards sport. HARD. And there's nothing like watching a five year old and his father gawk as I power slide around a corner nice and slow like ;p (dirt road, can't power slide this car slowly on pavement sadly).

I understand its hard on the car, but I do my best to keep it up to spec and I have a VERY good feeling for its capabilities. I LOVE driving my LS. I should probably get into autocross really (of course no power sliding there, that just wastes time really)

quietls, clearly you cant read. i asked 3 questions.

advancetrac and traction control are two diff things. are they both rigged up to the same button on the cars that are equipped w both?

if you are regularly doing burnouts and powerslides you either just got your license and are trying to impress your 15 yr old friends in your daddys LS or you are trying to impress your asian boyfriend who drives a honda civic or hyundai tiburon.

its not a farking bigwheel.

I am gonna say that Stopsign002 has every right to do burnouts in his LS. Hopefully it makes a few appliance driver's jealous. As far as the double button for advance trac... No such thing as far as I can tell. On my F350 a press turns off traction control, press and hold turns off stability control. No such control on the LS as far as I can tell.

Also... Neither one of my LSs will/would do a burnout unless traction was in some way distressed. The F350 Power Stroke on the other hand will break them loose at any speed less than 40MPH...

quietls, clearly you cant read. i asked 3 questions.

advancetrac and traction control are two diff things. are they both rigged up to the same button on the cars that are equipped w both?

if you are regularly doing burnouts and powerslides you either just got your license and are trying to impress your 15 yr old friends in your daddys LS or you are trying to impress your asian boyfriend who drives a honda civic or hyundai tiburon.

its not a farking bigwheel.

Clearly YOU cant read (considering I said I dont do it very often...).... And considering I've probably done more performance driving in my 8 years of having a license then you will do in your entire life time your opinion means jack sh*t to me. I'm not really sure what your trying to accomplish with all the **** you pull on this forum, but coming on a CAR forum and insulting people who enjoy driving hard doesnt make a whole lot of sense. Please, for the sake of all of us go back to your Mother Against Drunk Driving forum and leave us the f*ck be

P.S. In no way do I condone drunk driving :p

I am gonna say that Stopsign002 has every right to do burnouts in his LS. Hopefully it makes a few appliance driver's jealous. As far as the double button for advance trac... No such thing as far as I can tell. On my F350 a press turns off traction control, press and hold turns off stability control. No such control on the LS as far as I can tell.

Also... Neither one of my LSs will/would do a burnout unless traction was in some way distressed. The F350 Power Stroke on the other hand will break them loose at any speed less than 40MPH...

Lol nice, I would love to have a big truck like that.

Its so weird, I did a few and then didnt for probably 2 months and now I just cant. Not that it really matters but my worry was that it meant something was going wrong with the AdvanceTrak. Sounds like its acting normal though so fine with me

Its just one button.

haha yeah man take a shot at me bc i bought an 05 v6 ls for 6 grand, as i shop for a twinturbo v12 sl600.

and the v6 sport can do a burn out and a powerslide.. not sure why you would think youre so hard in your 7+ yr old sedan tho.

you need to take the dick out of your butt if you think your ls is that cool. 2003 called, it wants its entry-level sedan back...

haha yeah man take a shot at me bc i bought an 05 v6 ls for 6 grand, as i shop for a twinturbo v12 sl600.

and the v6 sport can do a burn out and a powerslide.. not sure why you would think youre so hard in your 7+ yr old sedan tho.

you need to take the dick out of your butt if you think your ls is that cool. 2003 called, it wants its entry-level sedan back...

Did it ever occur to you I drive hard for fun, not because I think it makes me look cool? Either way I'm done with you

Clearly YOU cant read (considering I said I dont do it very often...).... And considering I've probably done more performance driving in my 8 years of having a license then you will do in your entire life time your opinion means jack sh*t to me. I'm not really sure what your trying to accomplish with all the **** you pull on this forum, but coming on a CAR forum and insulting people who enjoy driving hard doesnt make a whole lot of sense. Please, for the sake of all of us go back to your Mother Against Drunk Driving forum and leave us the f*ck be

P.S. In no way do I condone drunk driving :p

buddy, i dont come on here to start ****; everyone on here who has argued with me tries to act like billy bad ass on an internet forum. i have never started anything with anyone on here. period. maybe one exception was when everyone was bs'ing about some guys head unit when he had a pats issue, that was probably the only time i ever took a shot at anyone first and it was bc there were like 20 posts about what the guy should fix and none of them would have cured his pats issue so that he could actually start his car. congratulations tho bud, keep up your performance driving. maybe one day you can be a pro go kart driver, or better yet maybe you will make the 7 yr old lincoln ls circuit 100k+ mile division. whats that called the lvc cup?

Members online

No members online now.
Back