Adding Infiniti J30 Projectors to Mark VIII

I'd just buy projectors... it used to be your only option to hack up lights, now you can buy projectors made to be retrofit...

HID projectors on a Gen1...hmmm...I'm wondering what kinda death Laser is thinking up for me

I need to get a nice set Jamie...I'm wanting to go full HID, my low beams are still halogen and the difuser area of the chrome is shot, and I'm sure the difuser itself is trash. My plastic on the left is burned yellow ... So my question is, do you have any sets redone that don't have the difuser in the low beam anymore, and if not, what are your thoughts on this with a full HID setup with stock gen1 headlights, and the lights rewired for full 4 light ilum while Hi's on?

HID projectors on a Gen1...hmmm...I'm wondering what kinda death Laser is thinking up for me

I need to get a nice set Jamie...I'm wanting to go full HID, my low beams are still halogen and the difuser area of the chrome is shot, and I'm sure the difuser itself is trash. My plastic on the left is burned yellow ... So my question is, do you have any sets redone that don't have the difuser in the low beam anymore, and if not, what are your thoughts on this with a full HID setup with stock gen1 headlights, and the lights rewired for full 4 light ilum while Hi's on?

Sapp, you don't want a stock halogen housing without the diffuser. It will throw the light all off pattern. Sounds stupid, I know but you want that diffuser in there. As for full HID's and all 4 being on at the same time, this is what it looks like. Well, if Jamie has a set of housings, they would look like this. I had my hood raised a little because I was aiming the new housings and HID's just in case someone asked why the gap was there.

HeadlightsAimed001.jpg

HeadlightsAimed002.jpg

HeadlightsAimed003.jpg

Low beams only when I had 8000K bulbs in them.

HeadlightsAimed008.jpg

I'd just buy projectors... it used to be your only option to hack up lights, now you can buy projectors made to be retrofit...

That's an idea. If you could find projectors for the Mark VIII. I have searched and can't find any upgraded lights for the Mark VIII, except for the HID kits. Do you know where to find projector retrofit kits for the Mark VIII that don't require you to hack up your housings? I'd actually like to try it. I think projecotors with BMW-style halo parking light rings would look pretty good on the Mark VIII.

That's an idea. If you could find projectors for the Mark VIII. I have searched and can't find any upgraded lights for the Mark VIII, except for the HID kits. Do you know where to find projector retrofit kits for the Mark VIII that don't require you to hack up your housings? I'd actually like to try it. I think projecotors with BMW-style halo parking light rings would look pretty good on the Mark VIII.

i hope your not serios..........

Those the same projectors out of the other lense you had?? Hurry up...I wanna see how they look...and we deffinatly need some light spread shots at night...go somewhere that there's no other light :)

Just a thought

Mazda 6 projectors might work....
the housing are closer to the mark in size
just saying...

Mazda 6 projectors might work....
the housing are closer to the mark in size
just saying...

a friend of mine has a mazda 6 and those lights are insanely bright and focused. i was contemplating doing something like this but ended up going with a 55 watt kit from ebay and i have no complaints. you just can't beat the focus of a projector

of you can find them the projectors from a 04-06 yamaha R1 would fit perfectly they are small and focused and easy to remove

Somebody needs to photoshop the Morimotos into a 1st gen HID housing. I don't have teh skillz..

Somebody needs to photoshop the Morimotos into a 1st gen HID housing. I don't have teh skillz..

please no don't waist a HID housing on such a thing
I don't know why everyone likes projectors.
I personally hate driving with them at night (kind of like tunnel vision)
the HIDs in my gen 2 are the best I have ever had

Driving home from my gogo bar last night on one of the back roads I decided test to things. One would be my Droid X's night time video capabilities and to show why I hate the headlights in my Gen 2.

I have em on Hi most of the time and you can see when I flick em on Low they have no reach. I adjusted them all the way up cause they were straight at the ground before :eek:
YouTube - 2nd Gen Mark VIII Lights at night

I have the Carfax from when I bought it off the original owner and it shows no accident history that might be the cause of them being to low :confused:

Members online

No members online now.
Back