ACCEL Ignition COP install

if you really wanted to hide the bright yellow rings... you could paint them with a high temp paint..... not sure if it would hurt the coil, but if the cover holds heat, and the paint holds heat, your not really doing any worse than Lincoln did.

I took the laptop outside and looked at the picture and the way you mounted the coil to the V8 and it seems that the Accel coil has the mount about right for the V6. I don't know about the boot, but I will have to find a used V6 coil and go to a speed shop and compare them. The connecter looks about the same also. If anyone has used V6 coil let me know?

When I was changing the coils on my 00v6 the dumbasses at AutoZone ordered them for the V8, twice. The V8's are about 1.5-2'' longer than those for the V6. I suppose (highly doubt) you could cut the boot to fit, but I wouldn't.

I dont know... I just love how CLEAN the engine bay looks on the LS. Not worth it to me to take them off.

Even more if you put the ACCEL sticker on your car after install...

You must put the sticker on the fender side, to really make it hit 30rwhp.

and a NOS fireextguisher..... extra 12 hp if you drink the NOS energy drink while at the track too

i believe we've gotten off topic...
seriously i would guess 5-10 hp
15-20 if your plugs were crap and your coils had gone bad :p

Seriously guys all joking aside. I street dynoed the car with my G-Tech winshield dyno/ radar detector/ G force meter and it said it was a 56HP gain. That was before I put the Type R badge on the exhaust. :p

yeah one of those things is how I know that Im running a 500shot of nitrous LOL They are IMO not so accurate

You really think 5-10??

just a guess. i know a new cap coil rotor and plugs on my last car (88 camaro) yeilded 17hp. I'd imagine that the LS coils are initially pretty high quality so i toned down the gain from it and made a guess. :p doesn't seem unrealistic though. in two weeks i'm replacing mine soooooo i'll find it out.

The Speed Racer underwear was my secret weapon. How'd you find out?

For anyone looking into doing this mod, I wouldnt bother. I ran these coils for about 2 months and had intermittent misfires and just ditched them. I put 8 new stock coils in and all is back to normal now. Either the car doesnt like the coils or they are just junk. I put this in another thread a while back but I see people are still interested in doing this mod. Stay away!!

For anyone looking into doing this mod, I wouldnt bother. I ran these coils for about 2 months and had intermittent misfires and just ditched them. I put 8 new stock coils in and all is back to normal now. Either the car doesnt like the coils or they are just junk. I put this in another thread a while back but I see people are still interested in doing this mod. Stay away!!

ok :)

there are others on this site that have run them with no problems. not sur ethe difference, but the stock ones are good up to 400hp, then you might want to look at something aftermarket. Kinda the same deal as the mustang/lightning guys are running ito. Fords coils work well for our power ranges

side note:

I've seen people wanting to change heads on these cars.... why? these heads flow GREAT! Even on forcefed Kennybell stangs with the same heads, they flow like champs!

Members online

No members online now.
Back