About to have a f'n heartattack!!!!!!!!!!!!

What are Aero Cobras?
Cool, I just won $20. :D

An Aero Cobra is a SN95 chasis Mustang when they were curvy from 94-98. The 96-98 Cobras got the Teksid in them but are not COP cars so their covers wont work.

Cool, I just won $20. :D

An Aero Cobra is a SN95 chasis Mustang when they were curvy from 94-98. The 96-98 Cobras got the Teksid in them but are not COP cars so their covers wont work.

:q:q:q:q so which cobra covers work on our car?

in other words what should I be looking for on my car to do a swap. If I do B heads, should I look for the valve cover from C heads...or will only the stock Mark VIII covers work on B heads (with cop's).

I'm looking to buy this stuff asap so I'm hoping to get a good idea on the best route to take. If I'm going to do this I want it done right.

So to do 98 Cobra complete head setup I would need 99+ valve cover and can I use the mark VIII intake mani etc?

To do the 99+ C heads I'll need the complete heads, intake mani and valve covers all from 99+ as well? Would mark VIII headers bolt to a 99 C head? Would the 99 stock headers work with our car?

...the only gripe I had was being generalized as stupid.

I had your knowledge level nailed long before this thread.
(THERE, you've been kicked in the nutz)
since your sense of humor has proven to be functioning properly.

Ripped, I really dont think this is the proper time to be contemplating headswaps...that requires FAR more planning than a simple Valve cover job.

If I were you, I'd be getting a running MARK8 motor put in there, so you can continue to drive the car, while properly planning and executing a C head swap, or a cobra conversion.

Labor is gonna be alot less if you simple "remove and replace".

I know you want to come out "better than before", but.. Rushing into this second step of your adventure is just as bad as rushing thru the first part of your adventure.

There will be many that "cheer you along" into a swap or conversion.
But.. you really need to focus on the goal at hand, which is recover from your previous mistake, and not make additional poorly thought thru knee jerk reactions.

Perfect time for a C head swap.

this is gonna end just like your avatar

C head swap will require a c head intake..

Aero Cobra are 96- 01?..94 95 still had the 5.0L..then the body changed in 99..but still had the 4.6 until 02

Ripped, I really dont think this is the proper time to be contemplating headswaps...that requires FAR more planning than a simple Valve cover job.

If I were you, I'd be getting a running MARK8 motor put in there, so you can continue to drive the car, while properly planning and executing a C head swap, or a cobra conversion.

Labor is gonna be alot less if you simple "remove and replace".

I know you want to come out "better than before", but.. Rushing into this second step of your adventure is just as bad as rushing thru the first part of your adventure.

There will be many that "cheer you along" into a swap or conversion.
But.. you really need to focus on the goal at hand, which is recover from your previous mistake, and not make additional poorly thought thru knee jerk reactions.

I thought the majority were alluding to I need to replace the head because of the damage? If so wouldn't that be the time to do the swap? I'm not trying to argue here or debate...I simply don't want to f myself like I already have by not asking enough questions before I jump into the ring.

Here's what needs to be done on my car...
1. Engine mounts are broken.
2. Oil pan is leaking.
3. The obvious issues from this thread.
4. Tranny is on her way out

Wouldn't the most logical approach be to remove the engine, rebuild the heads, throw the mounts on, do the valve cover, throw in my 98 tranny and then re-assemble? As you already know my knowledge level on this isn't exactly something to brag about :D Which is why I want the best bang for the buck.

I've found some complete B heads from a Cobra with cams and all for $250 total. So I'm figuring with that, new valve covers, I'll be out the door in parts ahead of the game.

So what are your thoughts XLR?

I just got another offer for 97 Cobra B heads for $120 + shipping they are almost complete...only missing the intake cam. would those work?

isn't the intake cam the one that was different between our engine and the cobra engine?

Some say yes but I say no. Only the 96 Cobra cams were slightly different, they were better on the top end.
As for your cams dropping in I think not eaither as you would need them to have their wear marks match. You are really better off getting a whole new engine and slapping it in. Degreeing a 4V cam (well all four) isnt an easy thing to do and even Ford messes it up.

Some say yes but I say no. Only the 96 Cobra cams were slightly different, they were better on the top end.
As for your cams dropping in I think not eaither as you would need them to have their wear marks match. You are really better off getting a whole new engine and slapping it in. Degreeing a 4V cam (well all four) isnt an easy thing to do and even Ford messes it up.

Why do people switch to aftermarket cams then? Is that the same thing as using adjustable cam gears to degree them properly? If so can't that be done with a dyno or is that quite intensive as well?

If I buy a complete set of heads with cams and all in it, then I wouldn't need to degree them would I?

(again this is my searching for answers, not arguing.)

96-98 Cobra cams are the same p/n.

So that means they are the same or are different than the mark cams?

How difficult is a C head swap? Does that require a different computer too? Or will my SCT tuner be sufficient.

You are right, they are. BUT the production 96 Cobras have slightly different cams. Should you order a replacement cam then you get the revised settings.
Now sure I cant say this for sure as I have not measured them myself to confirm but this is what I can tell you. I had a 96 and a 97 Cobra and both stock the 96 pulled harder after 4k. Also in several Ford Mustang mags before quality aftermarket cams came out the guys that were making over 400 hp N/A in the N/A mod class were running 96 cams in their C headed Cobras and Machsbecause they said they were a better upper end cam. Also eaither MM&FF or 5.0 did a test in 03 or 04 showing the differences in the cams. I didnt know what the numbers ment back then so I didnt bother to try and remember but the cams from a 96 Cobra were better.... they looked rougher betwwen the lobes but their specs were better.
I remember looking at the pic of a 96 next to a 97 and the spaces between the lobes were very sandpaper looking where as the 97 and up was a bit smoother but still sandpaper looking. :lol:

So that means they are the same or are different than the mark cams?

How difficult is a C head swap? Does that require a different computer too? Or will my SCT tuner be sufficient.

if the pn is the same what does that tell you?

the difference is in the cam timing, 3 degrees retard in the cobra to help with top end power..

but...keep in mind, two different platfroms
cobra lightweight stick shgit
mark 8 heavyweight automatic car

different animals all together

while your "tuner" will work, your gonna need a different tune

Members online

No members online now.
Back