A/C not blowing out of vents

covshark

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
the a/c will blow out of the floor and defrost when i press the buttons on the eatc to change them. But it will not blow out of the vents. I pulled vacuum and it says i got plenty of vacumm(20 lbs+-). When i disconnect the plug(plug with yellow,red,black,blue lines coming out and into it) behind the glove box it changes to defrost only, when i connect the plugs together it goes floor and defrost. Bought an EATC off of jamie and that did not help.

The only conclusion i can come up with is the yellow vacuum line that comes out of the back of the eatc and runs up into the dash has come loose on whatever it is attached too. What does that yellow connect to if anyone knows. Any other suggestions would be nice also. help me

this is on a 98 lsc if that matters. The black lsc i bought from jamie.

open the glovebox and check the junction in the vacuum lines thats clips to the duct work right nehind the glovebox door, you'll have to press the tabs in on the glovebox to allow it to fold all the way down to the floor so you can see what i am talking about.

Not sure if the Gen2 has the black one running across the intake to the right fender, if it does check that too

it doesnt, but there is a black vacuum line that comes out of the firewall and goes into the pass side fender.

I've had 2 or 3 1st gens with the exact same problem. The yellow vacuum line had come off of it's actuator that was almost straight up from the gas pedal. Kinda hard to see. I'm not sure if the 2nd gens have it in the same place or not. I'll try to take a look at 1 of my 2nd gens later today. Wherever the yellow line goes on the actuator is most likely your problem. Hope this helps.

junction is fine, checked and i have vacuum coming from the black line going into the junction.

open the glovebox and check the junction in the vacuum lines thats clips to the duct work right nehind the glovebox door, you'll have to press the tabs in on the glovebox to allow it to fold all the way down to the floor so you can see what i am talking about.

ok so yellow line, anyone know how to get to the other end of it without taking the dash apart?

Start looking under the hood for a vacuum line leak.
Could be a cracked hose or a bad connector. Look really close, that's what it almost always is.
It was in my case.

checked for vacuum leaks and i have full vacuum up into the junction box behind the glove box. I was wondering if any1 knew if i can find out where the yellow vacuum line goes(back of eatc) and if i can get to it without tearing apart the dash.

It holds vacuum to when car is shut off

I even hooked up my air compressor to different vacuum lines and blew air into all vacuum lines to try and find a leak and there is no air leaking anywhere. My only guess is that damn yellow vacuum line in the dash.

This all started when I heard a "thump" in the dash(like a vacuum door closing) and then the next thing i know air is only coming out of the Floor and Defrost.

same thing

The same thing happened to mine it would only come out the defrost and it was the little black line that runs under your airflow chamber it was broken so i just put a little piece of hose over it and know it comes out anywhere i want it to.

I have air coming out of the defrost AND Floor. which points to one of the vent doors not engaging i believe

The same thing happened to mine it would only come out the defrost and it was the little black line that runs under your airflow chamber it was broken so i just put a little piece of hose over it and know it comes out anywhere i want it to.

dude the blend door is either broken again or the grey arm that the blend door linkage goes to is broken. there are 2 arms that move with the blend door, one is actually on the blend door motor, the other is lower and right behind the glovebox door, i bet one of them is broken, if they dont move together, it wont work right, one od the arms moves the door to ac or heat, the other door is a diverter door for the different areas of duct work for the air to go to , vents, floor, defrost ect.....

well then it has to be the "diverter" arm cause the grey arm behind the glove box moves when you change from hot to cold and the car has both heat and a/c that work. Seems like the dash is gunna have to come apart then. Sorry i havent come down lately jamie just money is tight as you are all too familiar with.

But when the money does start to run i guess your our only hope at fixing this problem without dropping a grand+ to get this fix.

well if you can get it down i'll figure it out but over the intrawebz its kind of hard to help! i'm a hands on fixer not a intrawebz suggestor!!

was this problem ever figured out ? mine just started this... what was the issue?

the a/c will blow out of the floor and defrost when i press the buttons on the eatc to change them. But it will not blow out of the vents. I pulled vacuum and it says i got plenty of vacumm(20 lbs+-). When i disconnect the plug(plug with yellow,red,black,blue lines coming out and into it) behind the glove box it changes to defrost only, when i connect the plugs together it goes floor and defrost. Bought an EATC off of jamie and that did not help.

The only conclusion i can come up with is the yellow vacuum line that comes out of the back of the eatc and runs up into the dash has come loose on whatever it is attached too. What does that yellow connect to if anyone knows. Any other suggestions would be nice also. help me

i'm curious too, if you havent gotten it figured out just come down, even though you bought it from my father in law and techincally it has nothing to do with me, i'll try and fix it for you as long as i dont have to buy any parts to fix it, i will do it for nothing if that helps you out.

Has this issue ever been resolved? I am having this problem as well. Someone told me it was probably the actuator. I called the dealer and its upwards of 1000+ because the dash has to be pulled off. Can someone help me and tell me where i find these wires..... I can look at it and see if I can fix it myself. I am pretty hands on if you can tell me what and where I am looking for. Or where I can go to on the internet to find it. Thanks guys!! :)

Sanmel1029, what are your exact symptoms, as there are a few different problems with the 2nd gen systems. I had an evergreen 97 last summer that I sold to a lady have the exact same problem as covshark on here. I figured out what was wrong, but it's not an easy fix. Hopefully yours is different.

I had this issue on my 94 Mark.. I heard this weird thump in the dash that seemed to echo through the vents, and then I noticed air would come out of the bottom vents very strong, but it would be very weak coming out the vents. I didnt care that much because my AC is trashed anyway, but I did just get some lines from wrecking yard yesterday so Ill be fixing that - I guess it will give me a reason to rip the dash apart to find out why. My friends father had a 95 Mark back in the day, and I remember his AC vents blowing like crazy just like my Tbirds have in the past.

When this happened on my 93 5.0 Tbird LX, I took the dash apart, and found that the previous owner (from ebay) shoved a ****ing cigar down the center vents. It broke apart and bits of it made it to the other vents, and to the blend door opening. What a damn PIA it was to get all that tobacco out, and then had to clean the dash, vents, etc.. in order to get the nasty smell out. Obviously a very different issue with my Tbird, but it was something that surprised me. Sometimes you never know what you find in these cars when they are used.. I dug through my Mark 2 days after buying it, and found all kinds of papers that showed the owner drove it constantly between Los Angeles, and either Kansas or Oklahoma.. I also found some medical marijuana containers - too bad they were empty though!! lol :rolleyes:

Members online

No members online now.
Back