96 mark VIII 02 continental engine swap?

cinz4064

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know if this can be done or if what issues i might have to overcome. Are the motor mounts the same? Will everything bolt up? The engine is sideways in the continental compared to the mark. I have a mark and just found a junk continental with a 32 v 4.6. It would be nice to bring my mark back from the dead lol. any advice would be appreciated thanks

Does anyone know if this can be done or if what issues i might have to overcome. Are the motor mounts the same? The engine is sideways in the continental compared to the mark. I have a mark and just found a junk continental with a 32 v 4.6. It would be nice to bring my mark back from the dead lol. any advice would be appreciated thanks

NO its a different block. You can find mk8 engines a dime a dozen that drop right in.

I was thinking of changing the harness and everything because ive been through 4 jasper rebuilds and am now out of warranty. At this time i have 4 cylinders with little to no compression and have had different cylinders fail on the other engines it is my hope that by changing the harness and comp it would remove it as a factor whats a good price for a junkyard and what mileage would you think is ok to purchase ?

also wondering if i can pick an engine up out of a cobra do i need any conversion parts? and what years would be ok i have a 96 with the 32v the top of my engine has the 1st style intake facing up in the back and obd 2

i was told the problem was in the block this time not even sure about the heads jasper engines are crap when it comes to this engine i had a leak down test done at a speed shop i had these guys build me 5.0 already and i'm tapped out to build another one the right way is to expensive at the moment

Just buy a mk8 engine. A stock FORD engine is way better then any rebuild. Most mk8's are not beat on. You will pay 3+ times as much for a "cobra" engine.

did you check car part yet?
400 for the engine sounds better than 1300 for a pile of junk. which is probably what you'll get.

ROTM, how are they different? a seemingly knowledgeable mech buddy was recently telling me they were the same, that the mark motor is for a front wheel drive (because the intake is at the back of the motor

a seemingly knowledgeable mech buddy was recently telling me they were the same, that the mark motor is for a front wheel drive (because the intake is at the back of the motor

wrong wrong wrong.
the block is different, you can not bolt a RWD trans to a continental block. that's well established.

i have a chance to pick up a 95 for 1300 trans is shot what do u guys think?

Lets see buy car for 1300 you now have to pull that engine. WORK Now you can sell cats for 200 and car shell for 250 so 1300-450 is 900 for an engine and you have to do all the work getting it out. Look on carparts find engine for 400 and go pick it up and have it lowered into your truck bed. Save 500 and NOT have to pull engine.

i have a chance to pick up a 95 for 1300 trans is shot what do u guys think?

I think 1300 is steep for a bad car. Hell this one was only a grand and its engine and trans works great as does the AC.

IMG_20130718_152107_407_zpsb2c98710.jpg

Yea... i'm reading this and it seems like it slipped through the details until the near end. But, OP -- You cannot install a Mark engine in a Continental, WILL NOT fit.

Members online

No members online now.
Back