96-98 Cobra 2.1L Kenne Bell

I did a KB swap onto my 1994 Mark VIII

8623530340_large.jpg

YouTube- lincoln teaser 1

Me vs my brothers Supercharged SRT8 Magnum 40-140 roll. Video is from inside my brothers car, though all you can hear is my car.
YouTube- Mo vs Mal

What do you need to do tune wise to make a blower setup work on a gen1?

I tuned the car myself with the SCT software and an SCT flip chip in the PCM.

I've spent the last 3 hours seaching, but all I am finding is people saying "search", people arguing, going off and tangents and never giving a flipping answer!

I don't want to hear discussion about how these kits are inefficent due to IATs/non intercooled. I don't want to hear arguments about choosing a vortech kit over the KB kit, and I don't want to hear about nitrous!

I want straight to the point answers! I'm tired of running around!!!

I am fully aware there is no "bolt-on" kit out there. Why is the KB kit not a bolt on? Want needs to be modified/changed. I've read it bolts to the gen2 IMRC's. I've read that nothing on the front of the motor needs to be moved/relocated. I've read that there MIGHT be issues with the throttle cable...

Tell me: What needs to happen to run this kit?

I know a guy who did the 2.4blowzilla swap, head and all, 20k dumped into a 5k mark. not the brightest idead IMHO

Theres a guy on Tccoa I believe with a cougar... he has a mark motor in his with the kb set up on it.

I did a KB swap onto my 1994 Mark VIII

8623530340_large.jpg

YouTube- lincoln teaser 1

Me vs my brothers Supercharged SRT8 Magnum 40-140 roll. Video is from inside my brothers car, though all you can hear is my car.
YouTube- Mo vs Mal
OMFG you just gave me a super boner. :p

To beat a SUPERCHARGED SRT8 like that...... just wow! Now I really cant wait to get mine installed! :wrench

MercuryLS OMG please give more pics! Also, did you get that to fit under the stock hood?

I sure would like to see more pic of Jerimi mark. I haven't seen a vid of his car. Who bought it any ways. Does he have a new mark project

Theres a guy on Tccoa I believe with a cougar... he has a mark motor in his with the kb set up on it.

Rod's car:

310/324 at the moment, on 5 psi, 12 degrees of timing, and in 95 degree weather. I plan to stick methanol injection on it over the winter and step up the boost. Then we should start seeing some decent numbers out of it.

1990 Mercury Cougar XR7 - Twin-Screwed 5.0L DOHC Stroker

underside-3.jpg

Rod's car:

310/324 at the moment, on 5 psi, 12 degrees of timing, and in 95 degree weather. I plan to stick methanol injection on it over the winter and step up the boost. Then we should start seeing some decent numbers out of it.

1990 Mercury Cougar XR7 - Twin-Screwed 5.0L DOHC Stroker

underside-3.jpg

nice car but i hope that is 310 at the wheels not the crank right?

Members online

No members online now.
Back