6th Annual LvC Beach Party 2011 Discussion Thread

the legal drinking age in wisconsion is 21 and if i get caught its a 249 dollar ticket.. fack. shh no one tell LOL
uhhhh all usa is 21 :( sux for you youngsters lol
Speaking of Rich you want me to tell them the general idea of what I was thinking or do you want to do a bit more research and tell them...?
ohhhhh secrets??!!??

Well I'll look into the Pig Roast thing ... #1 on the Pig Road is making sure to cover the cost of the roast ... I know I can get all the the necessary items including the pig and I know of a local recipe that I had at a graduation a few years back that was killer... you just didn't want to stop eating it it was so good.

Let me figure out the schedule of events and we'll see where we can throw in the Pig Roast ...

PIG ROAST HECK YES!!!!! I want the apple

A little hint for the older generation...

YouTube- CannonBall Run 2

And the younger....

YouTube- Bullrun season 2 promo on Speed channel

Imagine if you will Rich as our Goldberg.... (I just laughed thinking bout that)

Anywho what I suggested to Rich was that we do some sort of cross of these events to turn into the cruise something different.

It's completely up to the group as to what we do. I know to many people the cruise is the best part and I don’t want to ruin that for them. As Rich pointed out we have kinda covered all the major routes that he can take us on for cruises so I came up with something that might help spice it back up again.

Everyone forms in teams of 2 and forgets about cell phones, gps, and anything that could possibly help them navigate (except a good old fashioned atlas) and tries to find there way to 3 different towns in WI. All towns will be selected by Rich and people that know the area. They will be towns that have many different was to get to them...So it will put people’s navigations skills to the test...

I WANT TO STESS THIS ISNT ABOUT WHO HAS THE FASTES CAR... the whole idea behind bull run is that you do the speed limit and whoever gets to all the check points in the least amount of time wins...

I figured that we could get a trophy of some sort and present it to the winner at the Hog roast/cookout and we can have fun with it and maybe earn some bragging rights for the next year.

The main issue that Rich and I share is that Debi may end up in Idaho and that people don’t do anything stupid trying to win this thing. By no means am I suggesting street racing....

Just thought I'd throw it out there for discussion. Personally I think it would be a fun time and add a bit of fun/challenge to the trip...

Let us know what you think...

sounds like a blast to me....a state wide scavenger hunt. I've always thought bull run looked fun.

I am coming next year, I am living in Kentucky now, so the drive shouldnt be too bad. Can I get some solid dates and a zip code?

I am coming next year, I am living in Kentucky now, so the drive shouldnt be too bad. Can I get some solid dates and a zip code?

The meet is the 3rd weekend in July and it is in Boscobel, Wisconsin, 53805

I do like the idea of a "rat race" for the cruise but who will judge? also I kind of like the long line of Lincolns as the WI residents stare in awe as we drive through the center of their towns.

It will be baised on total time... we will leave from the starting point staggerd out like 3 min and goto each check point get something and to the next and the team with the lowest total time wins...

Rich and I also talked about having the last place be abit away so we could all line up and cruise back together..

This is in mespock's neighborhood, and as such I'll shove a screwdriver through your battery.

The whole beach party thing hinges on us keeping things quiet and NOT speeding. Bluff street in piticular.

Mike

This is in mespock's neighborhood, and as such I'll shove a screwdriver through your battery.

The whole beach party thing hinges on us keeping things quiet and NOT speeding. Bluff street in piticular.

Mike

i was keeding jeesh! i wouldnt disrespect the man that lets people chill at his house, eat his food drink his beer and does all of this for us, that is just rude and wrong.

Lol.... I'm just kidding man. I've been the one who trys to keep everyone quiet in front late at night.

I'm REALLY looking forward to next year.

Rich. Tell them to pave 61.

Bull run sounds like a blast. Come on mike you cant think you will still beat him by then. As for debbie, well someone with a good sense of direction and maybe a little bit insane to be in the same car. I only speak from what I seen this year from the scavenger hunt lol

as for debbie, well someone with a good sense of direction and maybe a little bit insane to be in the same car. I only speak from what i seen this year from the scavenger hunt lol

not it.... :D

well :q:q:q:q, now i have even more work to do to get mine ready, lol

wow...i didn't realize it auto censored, haha piss :q:q:q:q :q:q:q:q:q:q:q:q:q:q mother:q:q:q:qer

Last edited:
Well I have been thinking on the Idea and the trophy thing is easy to do ... Just ask Brent as he own the first and so far only LvC 1st Place trophy for Drag Racing I believe Conti was 2nd.

Biggest issue for me would be responsibility ... I don't want anyone getting hurt, or injuring anyone in this kind of event and phucking it all up for everyone.

My initial thought would be to do it out of Prairie Du Chien about 30 miles from Boscobel.

This would allow us to also use some nice places across the rive in Iowa and the Bridge effect of the area.

I'm thinking ... on the idea .... what I was thinking is to set up a quest .... that would incorprate a few of the area towns and land marks. Set it up so members would have to ask questions of the locals to help find places.

I would have County Maps for everyone where members would have to use their skill and luck picking the right roads to get them through the quest. But biggest part is the speeding and the roads here. We have a lot of wooden crosses due to Deer and Curves.

So I'm thinking on this big time ...

I know a lot of you said how much you like the scavenger hunt. So I'm thinking this could be a way to extend the hunt and maybe make it more fun.

Lets keep up the discussion ...

I also want to know about those who would rather just keep the standard cruise. Also one reason why I thought about going to Prairie to do this ... it would allow us to still have a group cruise for about 60 miles. 30 out and 30 back and I can take different routes back ....

I have done lots of things like this -

The best one was that we had to do a 'task' at each check point - the first check point was an ice cream place (we had to ask locals about it to find it) - so one of the team had to eat an ice cream cone before they could leave, the second check in point was a book store, and the team had to find a specific author and show it to the check in person, the third check in point was an auto parts store and each team had to buy window cleaner and clean all their windows (once again to the satisfaction of the check in person), and the last one was that each team had to go to a grocery store and we ended up buying stuff for dinner that night - each team had a different thing they had to find and buy. No one knew what the task was going to be at each location, and we didn't even know the next location until we had completed the task and the check in person gave us the next location.

Also - you checked in and out at each location - so it was known how much time was spent on the road between each location - and if it was too short, meaning you were speeding - you got time penalties.

This does mean that you have to have someone at each location though.

I like the bull run theme, but also agree with azian trevor. I like having people stare as 15 lincolns roll thru town, so i would like to at least have a group cruise back.

This is more what I'm thinking ... go to places have to ask around to figure out where the hell something is and then having to do some activity .... or act. I'll be working on the plan I have a few months to work on it.

I have done lots of things like this -

The best one was that we had to do a 'task' at each check point - the first check point was an ice cream place (we had to ask locals about it to find it) - so one of the team had to eat an ice cream cone before they could leave, the second check in point was a book store, and the team had to find a specific author and show it to the check in person, the third check in point was an auto parts store and each team had to buy window cleaner and clean all their windows (once again to the satisfaction of the check in person), and the last one was that each team had to go to a grocery store and we ended up buying stuff for dinner that night - each team had a different thing they had to find and buy. No one knew what the task was going to be at each location, and we didn't even know the next location until we had completed the task and the check in person gave us the next location.

Also - you checked in and out at each location - so it was known how much time was spent on the road between each location - and if it was too short, meaning you were speeding - you got time penalties.

This does mean that you have to have someone at each location though.

Members online

No members online now.
Back