4.6 2V Swap Progress

any update on this? sorry just discovered the thread. awesome amount of patience. i'm looking at doing a swap on mine, but was going to go the lsx route due to the horror stories i've heard about space, but if a 4.6 will fit i don't see why a coyote or a older 302 with a efi kit wouldn't work.

Not much to report on as of yet. Time is money right now so not much time to work on it.
These came in recently. And also the wiring harness but i don't have pictures of it yet.
IMG_20140222_165853_008.jpg

IMG_20140222_165853_008.jpg

Why don't you hurry up and get that piece done so I can bring the TBSS down and walk all over you at the track?? :D

Cleaned up a little while waiting for a few parts. Just about finished with gauges.

IMG_20140428_200349_270.jpg

IMG_20140428_200240_572.jpg

IMG_20140428_200212_687.jpg

IMG_20140429_223308_973.jpg

There are a few small holes into the fender in that corner. I considered cutting into the inner fender there but since i removed the cabin air filter box its pretty wide open. With the hood closed you can look through the vent piece just below the passenger side wiper blade and see the air filter.

thats sweet man , cant wait to see the finished product , keep the instagram pics coming :cool:

A few updates...
Latest progress.
Top radiator mounts are ls mounts that i cut down to fit. Had to relocate bottom mounts, throttle cable from crown vic, transmission shifter cable from auto stang. Electric fans, and started on top radiator hose
IMG_20140505_215820_161.jpgIMG_20140505_220408_499.jpgIMG_20140505_215728_861.jpg

IMG_20140505_215820_161.jpg

IMG_20140505_220408_499.jpg

IMG_20140505_215728_861.jpg

Wow... very clean and neat! Good job with it!

By the way what brand of radiator are you using? Its all made aluminium right?

Are you still running the stock hard fuel lines to the engine and mating them to the braided lines? I'm running a Walbro 400 and have heard the stock lines are restrictive and that from the pump outlet to the rail should be closer to a -6. I'm also trying to figure out if/how the tanks feeder pump can put enough juice up to the Walbro on a sustained corner on a road course. I could see (in theory) a long corner with a half tank getting pushed to the non-fuel pump side, the walbro sucking all the gas up, and the feeder pump not replacing it fast enough. Not sure if this is stuff you've addressed or will need to, but thought you might have some insight to it.

Yes I am. The ls hard supply line is 5/16. A -6 an is equivalent to 3/8. I'm running a return system so 5/16 should be enough for my needs. If it's not I'll upgrade later. My only worry at this point is whether or not the stock fuel pump will be enough.
Are you still running the stock hard fuel lines to the engine and mating them to the braided lines? I'm running a Walbro 400 and have heard the stock lines are restrictive and that from the pump outlet to the rail should be closer to a -6. I'm also trying to figure out if/how the tanks feeder pump can put enough juice up to the Walbro on a sustained corner on a road course. I could see (in theory) a long corner with a half tank getting pushed to the non-fuel pump side, the walbro sucking all the gas up, and the feeder pump not replacing it fast enough. Not sure if this is stuff you've addressed or will need to, but thought you might have some insight to it.

It's alive!!!! Started her up last night! For those of you who have instagram there's a video on there...lincoln_lsvt

It's getting a fuel cell and external pump now so It won't see the streets quite as soon as i had hoped.

Reasoning?
The 255 walbro won't be enough for my needs plus nitrous in the future. Removing the stock tank opens up a lot of room to route exhaust and on top of it all the evap system won't work right without the ls ecm and i don't feel like modifying things to get it working.

BECAUSE RACECAR :)

Last edited:
Been so long since i have been on here. Nice! Guess i have missed a few things w your LS! lol. :)

Members online

Back