4.6 2V Swap Progress

Hey there, IlLS. Good to hear from you! (As a loyal Ford guy, I don't agree with your first statement, and DO agree with the second!)

KS

:GotPics: UPDATES :wrench UPDATES :yourock:

I was wondering the same, I was thinking about doing this, seems like the VVT is a curve ball though? I have someone checking on possible VVT elimination like the LS chevy guys do.

How's it comin along dude? I just read your whole thread and I can't wait to see this beast complete lol. Any plans for the trans like j-mod, shift kit? How much power are you gonna be looking at with this setup? Idk if you posted it in here or not.

It got put on a temp hold due to some financial issues. But I'm hoping to have her out this summer :)
As far as number go, I'm hoping to tip 400 to the wheels. Not much compared to some cars these days but enough for me...for now ;)
I'm sticking with a PI intake for now because its what I already have and it'll fit under the hood.
Down the road (next winter maybe) I'll either buy this
http://www.loganmotorsports.com/logan_manifold.html
Or have my friend Pete (Nosnhoj Performance) fab a similar one and modify the hood for it to fit. I should be able to pick up some additional decent numbers with it. It just depends what it puts down with the PI because I really want to keep the factory look outside.

It got put on a temp hold due to some financial issues. But I'm hoping to have her out this summer :)
As far as number go, I'm hoping to tip 400 to the wheels. Not much compared to some cars these days but enough for me...for now ;)
I'm sticking with a PI intake for now because its what I already have and it'll fit under the hood.
Down the road (next winter maybe) I'll either buy this
http://www.loganmotorsports.com/logan_manifold.html
Or have my friend Pete (Nosnhoj Performance) fab a similar one and modify the hood for it to fit. I should be able to pick up some additional decent numbers with it. It just depends what it puts down with the PI because I really want to keep the factory look outside.

You might be hard pressed to get 400rwhp. My buddy has a 2001 Crown Vic. Pocket ported PI heads, PI engine fully forged with manley H-beam rods/dished pistons with valve reliefs, Hitech Stage2 cams with titanium valve retainers, 3.73s, 3400 stall, underdrive pullies, JMOD, 180* t-stat and 2.5" exhuast dumped at the rear axle with headers and he put down 286rwhp. He got 400 rwhp but that was on a 125 shot of nitrous.

Look at the literature in that link to the intake you posted and see what they said about 321rwhp. That's getting up there naturally aspirated. I think you might find 400rwhp to be virtually impossible unless you have some REALLY big plans.

You might be hard pressed to get 400rwhp. My buddy has a 2001 Crown Vic. Pocket ported PI heads, PI engine fully forged with manley H-beam rods/dished pistons with valve reliefs, Hitech Stage2 cams with titanium valve retainers, 3.73s, 3400 stall, underdrive pullies, JMOD, 180* t-stat and 2.5" exhuast dumped at the rear axle with headers and he put down 286rwhp. He got 400 rwhp but that was on a 125 shot of nitrous.

Look at the literature in that link to the intake you posted and see what they said about 321rwhp. That's getting up there naturally aspirated. I think you might find 400rwhp to be virtually impossible unless you have some REALLY big plans.

I suppose I'll just have to wait and see.
A few SMALL differences I can point out right away between their 321 rwhp car and my engine.
Their compression ratio of 10.75;1 vs my 11.8;1
They used a stock 281 c.i. vs my .20 over 300 c.i.
They described it as a mild combination and mine will be anything but mild.

But again, I suppose I'll have to wait and see what happens.

In April it will have been 3 years since I started this project. I can finally see the light at the end of the tunnel! I need about 2k more in parts and it'll be running!
Finally after 3 years and and just under 13k I'll have my dream car! I know it seems like a lot of money for not much power but that includes everything from the radiator (to keep it cool.) all the way back to widened rear wheels. (To fit wider tires).
But for me its not about being the fastest. It's about keeping it in the family (the Ford family) and keeping the stock appearance as much as possible.
I love GM's LS engine lineup, don't get me wrong! The cost/power ratio is truly unmatched. But I can't help but shake my head in disappointment when I see a GM engine in a Ford :(

How's it comin along dude? I just read your whole thread and I can't wait to see this beast complete lol. Any plans for the trans like j-mod, shift kit? How much power are you gonna be looking at with this setup? Idk if you posted it in here or not.

The trans is built with a Monster Transmissions SS Mega monster kit good for up to 600HP.
No J-mod or shift kit is planned for now because Brian is using a mustang ecm and has the sct software to make the adjustments electronically instead.

I'll be going out to see it this weekend so I'll be sure to get lots of pictures!

here are a few pictures. more to come very soon! these are the long tube headers that brian fabricated. not quite done but getting close. the engine in the photos is a spare that he is using for a mock up

long tube 1.jpg

long tube 2.jpg

long tube 3.jpg

long tube 4.jpg

It's nice to see you are making progress. Aside from the observations that I posted earlier, I think you are going to have a lot of fun with this one. From what I can see, you likely have a 12 second LS on the motor. Don't rule out PI heads in the future. Also may I add that you cannot create more flow without performing the JMOD to the separator plate. It has its limits. You can bump pressure but then you are essentially trying to push more fluid through the same holes. At least consider the JMOD. Your tranny will thank you. If your tranny kit has adressed this issue, disregard my comment. Keep it up! :cool:

Trans kit includes...

√ PRECISION MASTER OVERHAUL KIT
√ HIGH PERFORMANCE REPROGRAMMING SHIFT KIT
√ INTERMEDIATE CLUTCH PACK
√ REVERSE INPUT DRUM
√ FORWARD INPUT CLUTCH DRUM
√ MODIFIED SUNGEAR TO INCREASE REAR PLANETARY LUBRICATION
√ HIGH PERFORMANCE BAND
√ UPDATED & MODIFIED LOW/REVERSE SERVO & COVER
√ DIRECT CLUTCH DRUM
√ MODIFIED OVERDRIVE SERVO
√ NEW 2-3 ACCUMULATOR
√ NEW UPDATED DOUBLE LIP 3-4 ACCUMULATOR
RECALIBRATED VALVEBODY w/UPDATE TV VALVE ASSEMBLY
√ RECALIBRATED VALVE PLATE FOR SHIFT FIRMNESS

√ NEW HIGH FLOW FILTER

Well I received some not so great news today. The heads were at the machine shop and through human error (parts had been placed in the wrong bags from the factory) the valve guide inserts were being pressed in and because they were too big the head cracked! Not a huge loss financially but Brian had spent a decent amount of time porting/polishing/welding that its a disappointment that we won't be able to use them.
So now I'll be running Modular head shop P&P stage 2 PI heads with stage 4 cams.
I'm already in love with the car but now I'm going to fall in love all over again every time I start her up!!
Heads and cams are 4 weeks out from day of order

I would love to see your car
Finish it for July and bring It to car craft summer nationals.

Mock up engine

The mock up engine is getting pulled out this week to make room for the black's real heartbeatMOCK UP ENGINE.jpg

MOCK UP ENGINE.jpg

No post on this for 4 days
I can assume this means that you're tired of the project and want me to have it.:)

Hehe yep come get it!
Heads are shipping next week. That's about all I have to report on right now.
It's a hurry up and wait game

Members online

No members online now.
Back