3.73 gears or 4.10

Depends on what you have planned for the future. If you drive a good distance I would go 3::73.
If you were going to go SC in the future you might want to look a 3:55. 4:10 is fun but you're going to need a 1 piece drive shaft.
You can find numorus threads on gears.

do you notice a difference from the stock gears to the 373 swap because im also getting a tuner and shift kit also

do you notice a difference from the stock gears to the 373 swap because im also getting a tuner and shift kit also

oh yes.

I have 3:37's in my 96 because it sees mostly highway driving with an occasional trip to the track.

my 94, on the other hand, will see barely any highway mileage, so it will get 4:10's. hopefully in the next couple weeks.

Go with the 4.10 if your going with the tuner and look into a j mod. I have a 4.10 in mine and like it alot. I don't have any problems on the interstate going 70 at 2500 rpms with 275/35/18 z rated dunlops. You will improve your mpg on the side roads and only lose a couple mpg on highway. hope this helps

I have 4.10s and love um. I got 22mpg on the highway today at 75mph. I get 12-14 in the city but I have heavy foot syndrome.

You can tell the diff 3:73 for sure. I drove my car from mn to denver a year ago and saw 25mpg average for the trip.
I'm in the process of building a motor and have a SC waiting, wishing I went with 3:55's now but oh well. If it was NA and a track/ stoplight car I would go 4:10 or 4:30's.... Shock and awe when you pin it to the floor, just make sure its pointed in the right direction and be sure to get a one piece driveshaft.

4.10's, 4.30's or 4.56's if your staying N/A... go big or go home. I'm going with 3.73 but I also have plans for a blower.

4.30's NA for mix street/strip, 4.56's for track, and 3.90's/4.10's with blower is a good general guideline.

I think im going to do the 373 I don't wanna make it track fast I just want a lil more pep in its step off the line hoping it'll do iit after the tuner gear swap and shift kit

4.10's are very mild on a Mark VIII. It is very liveable on the highway. If I had it to do over again I would have gone with 4.30's.

4.30's NA for mix street/strip, 4.56's for track, and 3.90's/4.10's with blower is a good general guideline.

+2

I have 4.10's and could have went much deeper, highway and around town driving is fine. I'd eventually like to have some sort of forced induction and I think the 4.10's will do fine with a blower. ;)

I bought 3.73 at first but sold them for 4.10's and glad I did. Around town you can't tell the higher rpms. On highway a little buzzier even with my one piece alum DS but not bad at 70-75 mph.

4.10s. stock 93 one piece driveshaft.
no driveshaft buzz/shake/noise till 100-110.

I'm running the 4" dynotech and since the sniper and computer were both limited to around 100-110 i havent had it over that but absolutely no vibes @ those speeds...

Thankfully, I should be having my SCT X3 in the next day or two to take care of that pesky speed limiter ;)

I'm running the 4" dynotech and since the sniper and computer were both limited to around 100-110 i havent had it over that but absolutely no vibes @ those speeds...

Thankfully, I should be having my SCT X3 in the next day or two to take care of that pesky speed limiter ;)

my sniper removed speed limiter.

Mine didnt without emailing files and it took weeks to get responses back from them

4.10s for a N/A street/highway car.

4.30s if you want to take it to the drag strip. Highway miles with 4.30s are no issue 95% of the time. It really depends on your location. Traffic and/or terrain limits my highway speeds more than the gears do.

Ok guys ive made my decision 4.10 gears, tuner, and shift kit...from americanmuscle.com for the gears and shift kit now just looking where to get the tuner.

Those of you with 4.10s who do highway driving... What RPMs are you cruising at? The speed limit here is 70 and I usually set the cruise to 80, but frequently romp it a little higher than that... I may try and trade my uninstalled 3.73s for some 4.10s if it is as mild as you say.

Members online

Back