22's?

Get a forged wheel, it can built to spec for your car, and are much lighter that a cast wheel of a similar design. Also it takes a lot to crack or bend one, if you do somehow manage to **** one up. you can always go buy another lip as they break down into 2 or 3 pieces, so you dont have to worry about your wheel being discontinued. I have forged 22's and have had no problem with them.

You will need about 35mm up front and 40 to 42mm in the back, depending on tire, it might not clear your rear sway bar.

DSCF0610-1.jpg

for tires 245/ 30/ 22 for the front and 265-295/ 25 or 30/ 22 for the rear. i would prolly do 285.

aaaa-Bad-ass-meme.jpg

Dude, welcome to the forum. One step at a time &I promise you will enjoy it here. Try to act like you know more than all of us here combined? Well... This will probably be your last thread because no one on here will take you serious!

He's got less than 10 damn posts on the damn forum. He's gotta earn it.

How did I try to act like I know more than everyone else. Do tell?

How did I try to act like I know more than everyone else. Do tell?

By patronizing an experienced member and calling him a know it all. He has more hours working on Lincolns then 90% of the people on here. So instead of a smart ass comment, try to engage with an intelligent question if you really don’t know more than everyone else. If your just here to piss people off please do so on you tube like everyone else. Were here to teach each other, not abuse.

Nice. I see you have offended the "usual suspects" so I'll just say welcome.

A bit sensitive are some here.

I really try not to get involved with all the BS stuff that comes along, but come on guys. The OP asked a question and 6 post later I am the only one who answered him. If the guy wants to run 22s why not tell him how he can do it safely and not just spew comments and nonsense at him about how unsafe they are.

I agree the brakes need to be upgraded. I have stated many times that I dont think they are good enough for a stock Mark much less one that has been modfied.

What would properly fitting 22 inch wheels harm on the stock suspension...I am pretty sure the answer is nothing, but I am always willing to learn so please elaborate.

Slowmarkviii is trying to help you OP just gotta remember that sometimes things come across much more abrasive on the internet.

-Alan

What would properly fitting 22 inch wheels harm on the stock suspension...I am pretty sure the answer is nothing, but I am always willing to learn so please elaborate.

"properly fitting" being the key words. ;) I was simply stating that if they don't properly fit and you grind down the control arms or stick the wheels out past the body line like some have done, the suspension geometry will be all out of whack and the wear of those components will be accelerated. That's all.

I really try not to get involved with all the BS stuff that comes along, but come on guys. The OP asked a question and 6 post later I am the only one who answered him. If the guy wants to run 22s why not tell him how he can do it safely and not just spew comments and nonsense at him about how unsafe they are.

I agree the brakes need to be upgraded. I have stated many times that I dont think they are good enough for a stock Mark much less one that has been modfied.

Slowmarkviii is trying to help you OP just gotta remember that sometimes things come across much more abrasive on the internet.

-Alan

Dude if you would've been a member prior to '09 you wouldn't be here. It's called having a sense of humor. All newbs get some bashing. It happens on every forum. RELAX. We all help each other out on this page. It's what we are here for but ALL OF US post our opinions & horse around on ALL THESE threads! It's what we do. If you take it too serious you need to go to the "other" Mark site.

Get a forged wheel, it can built to spec for your car, and are much lighter that a cast wheel of a similar design. Also it takes a lot to crack or bend one, if you do somehow manage to **** one up. you can always go buy another lip as they break down into 2 or 3 pieces, so you dont have to worry about your wheel being discontinued. I have forged 22's and have had no problem with them.

You will need about 35mm up front and 40 to 42mm in the back, depending on tire, it might not clear your rear sway bar.

DSCF0610-1.jpg

I was just wondering...how does your car ride with the 22's? You've got to feel more of the bumps and cracks in the road then normal.

I was just wondering...how does your car ride with the 22's? You've got to feel more of the bumps and cracks in the road then normal.

its not the size of the rim that makes you feel imperfections in the road, its the profile of the tire, or sidewall.

it rides pretty smooth. one of the chicks im dating prefers the ride of my mark viii to my 2001 eldorado, that is on stock wheels.
It feel worse over small bumps than the eldo to me, but much more planted because of the wider contact patch of the wider tires and lower tire profile. no side to side body lean.
if you drive my car i think you would be surprised, while it doesnt have that float feeling ride, it still rides pretty smooth.

on a down side, I have to change my sway end links every two years. everything else susp. wise holds up.
gas millage is down. and i dont get to enjoy the scenery on strange roads because im looking out for potholes when im in the city.

Sensitive? ROFL!

You must have missed the heady days of Frog and Jamie....

I was thinking the same thing and boom saw this post when i clicked next page.

hmm what happened to them.

im sure frogs first post would of been one about searching and youll see that no one likes 22s on these cars.

well mostly no one.

What happened to Jamie. He got that mustang and rode away on that rainbow of love, it almost got me....so close.

I had 20's on my black car when it was road worthy... they looked good I thought

Black on black and all that

But I had brakes and yadda yadda yadda

svtguy,
Don't listen to some of these people here. Anything you do that is different, they're against. So far, everything they told me I couldn't do to my car, I did and it worked fine.

DSCF0610-1.jpg

Wow those 22's look sick, goes really well especially with that red.

Anything you do that is different, they're against.

No one ever said that. :rolleyes: Have you noticed how many Mark VIIIs there are on this forum that are NOT STOCK and therefore different? TROLOLOLOL I think you like to hear yourself talk which is why you are on a phantom I.P address all the time. LOSER.

Members online

No members online now.
Back