22's?

svtguy

LVC Member
Reaction score
I picked up a set of 22x10 and 20x8.5 Dvinci wheels.

What rubber can I run in the back?

I am just not 1000% sure they'll fit, but I have seen a ton of Mark VIII's in LA running 22's or 24's all the way around.

Thanks

Why did you buy them if you're not positive they'll fit? Did you atleast check the bolt pattern before you bought them?

As for tires? 355/15/22's should work :shifty:

what is the offset of your monster truck wheels? they'll prolly fit. i can let you know if you get the offset numbers.

idk about tires. nor do i really care...

why only 22? why not 24? or just get 26.7" tall wheels and run no rubber at all!!!

Going on the assumption that the wheels are the proper offset you are going to need something like 245/30s up from and 295/25s out back. Those will be about an inch taller than stock but should work as long as the wheels are correct for the car. My car is sensor lowered and I ran 245/45-19s on my car for a while they are about the same outside diameter as the sizes I listed for the 22s.

-Alan

Minnesota roads costed me $1680. Actually only $1600 if you consider the fact that I got $80 to scrap the 3 remaining 20" rims. Funny how they discontinue that chit too and a year later I couldn't find the wheel to save my life. 22s would last one day on these roads. :rolleyes:

Sorry, I have no input other than that. LOL Then I decided that going fast was more fun. :D

I am just not 1000% sure they'll fit, but I have seen a ton of Mark VIII's in LA running 22's or 24's all the way around.

Thanks

There is NO LINCOLN forum that supports your information. There might be some DONK forums that do. That being said, you will definitely have to modify something if you plan on fitting those monstrosities in your Mark. Everything will pretty much rub everywhere.

If you install adapters they will rub everywhere even more, you may have to hub swap to whatever lug pattern you bought. I hope you were lucky & bought the same lug pattern.

As for what rubbers to install? Sh!t dude, go to Office Depot, buy yourself 4 rubber bands. That's about as thick of rubber you can install when you've filled your fender well with that much wheel!

lobird91 - thanks for a response.

For all you children with your smart ass comments on why I 'bought' the wheels and why the huge wheels. Kick rocks

offset. what's the offset.

Hey chris2523

not certain as I am at the office. I pulled the center cap off yesterday, and it has numerous stud holes. I will find out when I get home. I plan on throwing on one to see how things line up.

ok.
hopefully you're around 30 mm for the front, and 40 mm for the rear.
any less, you'll be rubbing the fender, any more you might hit the car inner fender well.

Just looking at the website it seems like most of the wheels are available in the correct lug pattern and the fronts are available with a 35mm offset and the rears with a 40mm. Hopefully thats what you have otherwise you will probably have issues.

-Alan

PS: Please just don't jack the car up to make them fit. I think 22s could be made to look very good on a Mark, but only if it is tucking them.

Just looking at the website it seems like most of the wheels are available in the correct lug pattern and the fronts are available with a 35mm offset and the rears with a 40mm. Hopefully thats what you have otherwise you will probably have issues.

-Alan

PS: Please just don't jack the car up to make them fit. I think 22s could be made to look very good on a Mark, but only if it is tucking them.

Hey Alan,

My goal is to tuck em. I meant to throw it on the rack to 'jack' it up. Want to see where the wheel sits on the hug and if there will be issues.

Thanks Alan.

Anthony

Anything more than 19 is ugly imo and normally a safety hazard cause the car fist needs all new suspension (you probably haven't done)and bigger brakes (you probably haven't done)
If you're going to do at least do it right.

Anything more than 19 is ugly imo and normally a safety hazard cause the car fist needs all new suspension (you probably haven't done)and bigger brakes (you probably haven't done)
If you're going to do at least do it right.

Awww, how cute. A know it all.

I know its cute that my car can stop in a safe distance and if im not right what have you done to your suspension and brakes.
Please prove me wrong i may then have some respect for you.

Trolling your own thread because people who know these cars bring up legitimate issues that should be addressed in order to do what you want to do is only making you appear to be a fool.

If you know it all, then why are you asking?

22s would last one day on these roads. :rolleyes

Ya oughta check out the city streets here in Butte, it's like driving through freakin Bangladesh.
Wanted to put 18s on my car, but decided to stick with 16s for that reason.

Thanks

They run spacers and grind down the suspension components, like the control arms. The control arms on these cars wear out quick enough as it is and of course once you take a grinder to them, expect their life to be even shorter. And the brakes on these cars are mediocre enough as is on 16" stockers with the silly one-piston calipers and small rotors that are less than optimal for these cars without even considering the fact that now you have made braking even more of a chore with the much heavier wheels.

I think all that people are getting at here is that it is a bit more involved running 22s THE RIGHT WAY than you think. To try to answer your question, after doing all of what I mentioned in the first sentence, the tires would probably be like 235-30s. Hopefully you have a front wheel drive offset for these wheels, otherwise they are going to stick out too far and you have really opened up a can of worms with the suspension and its geometry. After that, stock up on brake pads and control arms at least although I would suggest a Cobra brake conversion because you will be going through brake pads on the stock setup like soft spread butter.

I don't know really what else to say but do your homework and don't be "one of those guys". If you can afford those big ass wheels you should be able to afford to do it right otherwise I can only question what your priorities really are. Just trying to save you a headache. ;)

Ya oughta check out the city streets here in Butte, it's like driving through freakin Bangladesh.
Wanted to put 18s on my car, but decided to stick with 16s for that reason.

I was nervous enough on these roads when I was in the 97 on the 18" wheels before I put it away for the winter. :eek:

Awww, how cute. A know it all.

aaaa-Bad-ass-meme.jpg

Dude, welcome to the forum. One step at a time &I promise you will enjoy it here. Try to act like you know more than all of us here combined? Well... This will probably be your last thread because no one on here will take you serious!

I know its cute that my car can stop in a safe distance and if im not right what have you done to your suspension and brakes.
Please prove me wrong i may then have some respect for you.

He's got less than 10 damn posts on the damn forum. He's gotta earn it.

Members online

No members online now.
Back