2000 trunk

eastcoastLS

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
i've never heard of a lincoln not having a light in the trunk. i got a 2000 ls and there is no light in the trunk or it is burned out. which is it? no light or lights out. its also nicely equipped with everything i think came with the 2000 model if that helps any

my 2001 has one in the upper passenger side inner fender liner.

Should be right to the right of this picture. this pic was taken at night and the light that is shining is coming from the trunk. this is where your light should be if you have one.

View attachment 22625

Last edited:
to the right of what picture decibels? i see no picture

thats weird, I see it. dont understand:confused: :confused: , this happened to another user earlier, what going on?

Far left. Just see the edge of it behind the beauty board.

LS trunk 2.jpg

ok so i posted that thread last night right after i noticed i had no light, so today i pop the trunk and see the light like all of you are showing me. my light is burned out anyone know if there is a specific light number i need? or what i want to replace it

got a new light that doesn't work either. its the correct bulb. does anyone know if it could be a fuse? i don't think their would be a fuse specifically for the trunk light

If you have a meter or a test light, you could try that. I looked in the fuse section for you, but couldnt find it. Look in the tech articles and click on the manual for your car. I saw the bulb was listed, but didnt see a fuse for it.

a little help here, digged up an old one. anyways, my trunk light still refuses to work, along with the rear seat dome light, the head unit controls that will not illumnate, and the illumination around D4 and the (-) sign on the SST gear shifter is very dim (like there is a light out in there too). has anyone got any ideas on this. i'm tired of being lights out. there seems to be no blown fuses. 2000 V8 6 disc in-glove with cassette deck. no air-bag lights or anything. cruise works fine. radio controls on the steering wheel work for the most part with the exception of pressing the "down arrow" to go to the previous song, it just changes forward to the next song, not back. and the mute button with the phone on it doesn't work. any guidance is appreciated.

can't remember, but it is the correct bulb. my trunk is still lights out..

can't remember, but it is the correct bulb. my trunk is still lights out..

Have you located the switch and tested it? On mine it is a plunger type switch on the bottom of the trunk lip about 4-6 inches in from the drivers side. (The measurement is a SWAG, I'm at work right now and can't check.)

Work it in and out to see if the light comes on. If it doesn't work, remove the trim and test the switch with an ohm meter.

mharrison called it. the plunger type switch was stuck behind the carpet trim. but if you look at the rubber around it its rigid and only one ridge was holding it back so it stil looked like it was popped out when the trunk was open. now if i could just figure out the headunit controls

Members online

Back