1997 Evergreen/Ivory Progress

Hey guys,

I hope Mike doesn't mind me letting the cat out of the bag, but as some of you know, about a month ago, I was getting frustrated and I decided to stop putting money into my Mark VIII and just drive it while I saved money toward getting something else. (thread found here: http://www.lincolnvscadillac.com/showthread.php?t=87022&highlight=beater)

I really didn't want to do that, because the car is in nice shape as far as the interior and most of the paint, but the whole deal was a bit more than I wanted to get into.

Long story short, I got a killer deal on a new car unexpectedly, so I sold my VIII to Mike. I'll post my "last" pictures before the send-off in order to give Mike a chance to drive home while still providing you with pictures.

I'll surely miss this car, I've had it for 11 years and learned a lot about cars in general from this board and the car. I'm not leaving the board, I'll still be around for sure. Perhaps one day I'll get another, but at this point in my life it's not in the cards. I've already got 2 other hobby cars in addition to my new car, so having 3 hobby cars is just too much any more.

Bottom line is I'm glad that it is not going to be used as a daily driver, and that it will get fixed the way it should be.

OK, so here are the last pictures I took at home after cleaning up the car to hand-off to Mike.

IMG_8502.JPG

IMG_8503.JPG

IMG_8504.JPG

IMG_8513.JPG

IMG_8515.jpg

IMG_8520.JPG

IMG_8532.JPG

IMG_8534.JPG

IMG_8538.JPG

IMG_8539.JPG

Brent just stopped by the house and I got to take his new car for a spin... it was pretty cool, for a commuter. Hope you guys make it home safely!

Just pulled in the drive after 13 hours on the road.

Hot shower, and bedtime for me.

12 hour workday tomorrow.

Night all!

Good to know you got home safe n sound, let's see some pics of it when you get it all cleaned up!

Glad to hear she made it with no issues, Mike. I've still got another 4 hours ahead of me!

Glad to hear and happy for u that all went well. These marks make great hwy cars that's for sure

Finally got a little time to sit at the computer.

Drive went very well (never had a doubt that it would'nt)

Averaged 20 MPG with my lead foot ranging between 75 and up to 95 for extended periods of time.

I think I can improve on that number with a tune up, and a few tweaks (manual transmission).

Here it sits waiting for the overhead door technician to install a new garage door for the garage attached to the house, and a good detailing that will follow.

Mike

Jeb messing around with the old snowflakes

2013-01-19095755.jpg

At Oakley Kansas, fueling up for the final 240 mile burn to Colorado Springs
2013-01-20165632.jpg

As it sits.

2013-01-21181719.jpg

2013-01-21181748.jpg

2013-01-21181350.jpg

Cool car, whats done to it? Idk if i read your post right but it has a manual tranny?

It doesn't have a manual transmission yet.

What's done to it:
3.73s
Aluminum Driveshaft
Underdrive pulley
chip
LMS MAF
shift kit
bilstein cobra shocks
ray switch
17x8 wheels
XX exhaust, summit racing mufflers
180 degree t-stat

If there's anything else, I cannot remember :)

Nope, still an Automatic for now.

I still have the Focus too. Been 100% rock solid reliable as well.

I had an issue with the VCT phaser when setting the timing a while back. +/- 1 degree is your tolerance for timing at the crank which equates to a half degree at the cams.

The factory pre-tension spring in the phaser breaks after X miles and when you break it loose to re-belt it, you have to reset it manually, which is a helluva trick.

I have it down now, so no more timing issues for me. I'm actually getting ready to have the head rebuilt soon.

;)

Members online

No members online now.
Back