149 Mph Is That All ! ! !

I'd agree w/you through 02. I test drove about a dozen of these things before I bought. Last one I drove was 03 and bought it. HUGE difference vs. the 02's I was looking at.

beaups said:
really...my 03 (before somethings gone wrong and made it slow and nobody will helpme:) )I've timed probably a dozen times. SST mode, moderate power brake, TC off. I've been consistently between 6.3 and 6.7. Ususally near spot on 6.4. This is running in different directions down the same section of road....the gears on the 03's and the increased HP made quite a difference IMHO.

I guess it's plausible in an 03. Good times. :Beer

itsnotmydaddys said:
im wondering why he hasnt chirped in again. he made this post you woiuld think he would give us some follow up or at least defend himself

Well that means he at least has enough sense to realize when he's busted and decided to not make it any worse by coming back in here.

????

I can't believe I wasted my time reading through this entire thread! Have I lost it? Can i ask everyone a question? Did you buy your LS to race it on a track or drive it on the streets? Please... if you wan't to argue about something, let's talk about how the LS hugs the road and makes you feel like your Jeff Gordon on the exit ramp. and handles like no other car (luxury car at that) out there.

If you guys want to impress me, lets see you race across a major city during rush hour without killing anyone or running any light. :wave

KenRosier said:
I can't believe I wasted my time reading through this entire thread! Have I lost it? Can i ask everyone a question? Did you buy your LS to race it on a track or drive it on the streets? Please... if you wan't to argue about something, let's talk about how the LS hugs the road and makes you feel like your Jeff Gordon on the exit ramp. and handles like no other car (luxury car at that) out there.

If you guys want to impress me, lets see you race across a major city during rush hour without killing anyone or running any light. :wave

Actually, I will be buying an LS to weekend race....And also serve as a daily driver. I havent had the chance to get into autoX racing much so I really want to try it out. I figure my LS will be the perfect starting point to have a little fun on the weekends when I am not at the drag strip. :Beer

Just wondering, do we get any extra "points" if we dont kill anyone or get into a wreck? Cause sometimes its easier to just go overtop of people on the sidewalk than all the way around them. :steering lol

rocket5979 said:
Actually, I will be buying an LS to weekend race....And also serve as a daily driver. I havent had the chance to get into autoX racing much so I really want to try it out. I figure my LS will be the perfect starting point to have a little fun on the weekends when I am not at the drag strip. :Beer

Just wondering, do we get any extra "points" if we dont kill anyone or get into a wreck? Cause sometimes its easier to just go overtop of people on the sidewalk than all the way around them. :steering lol

You have yet to add something to this forum and you still continue to extend the life of dying threads. I'm guilty of this by responding, but come on someone needs to let you know.

Midas78 said:
You have yet to add something to this forum and you still continue to extend the life of dying threads. I'm guilty of this by responding, but come on someone needs to let you know.

Everytime I get an automated email tha this thread was updated, I keep thinking "God, that was so 2004!"

Midas78 said:

I refrained from saying much of anything in the other thread in which we were debating the topic regarding exhaust but I will hold my tongue no longer. It is very apparent that you are making this a personal attack instead of a mere debate which is extremely childish in its own right. I have seen you post in more than a few threads that I have recently been in, just out of the blue, for no other reason than to say some negative comment about me for no reason. That is a total loser thing to do. Apparently you think that since you werent doing so well against me in the other thread that you will attempt to insult me in a few others I have participated in. You are a loser of the lowest order. If you really have to resort to looking up posts I made in the past and then trying your best to find some fault with them then you are doing nothing more than what your accusing me of. In fact, you are making my point for me. Anyone can now do a search for my latest posts and see what I am talking about, and see what kind of tool you are. Unless you do an even more pathetic thing and delete your posts. There have been a few threads in which I have called a person out on this or that thing, or clarified someone tech talk but that is it. I havent made any personal attacks and have only gotten on someones case when they were obviously BS'ing, like the original poster of this thread. Now follow me on over to the other threads so I can continue to own you. For the rest of the people on this thread and the others I do apologize. Sometimes it is best to take care of dirty laundry (Midas78) out in the open for everyone to see.

rocket5979 said:
I refrained from saying much of anything in the other thread in which we were debating the topic regarding exhaust but I will hold my tongue no longer. It is very apparent that you are making this a personal attack instead of a mere debate which is extremely childish in its own right. I have seen you post in more than a few threads that I have recently been in, just out of the blue, for no other reason than to say some negative comment about me for no reason. That is a total loser thing to do. Apparently you think that since you werent doing so well against me in the other thread that you will attempt to insult me in a few others I have participated in. You are a loser of the lowest order. If you really have to resort to looking up posts I made in the past and then trying your best to find some fault with them then you are doing nothing more than what your accusing me of. In fact, you are making my point for me. Anyone can now do a search for my latest posts and see what I am talking about, and see what kind of tool you are. Unless you do an even more pathetic thing and delete your posts. There have been a few threads in which I have called a person out on this or that thing, or clarified someone tech talk but that is it. I havent made any personal attacks and have only gotten on someones case when they were obviously BS'ing, like the original poster of this thread. Now follow me on over to the other threads so I can continue to own you. For the rest of the people on this thread and the others I do apologize. Sometimes it is best to take care of dirty laundry (Midas78) out in the open for everyone to see.

oooooooh, someone got offended....

you're still a little wordy.

Pushing your opinions on people doesn't feel good does it? I have proven my point.

Good Lord, would somebody please take this thread out behind the barn and put it out of our misery?!?

99 KOBRA said:
The LS is a great car, but it is not as fast as this thread starter thinks.

The 03's and later have a 123 limiter. The 00-02 (sports) have a 149 limiter. The 00-02 non-sport V6 has a 123 limiter. My 00 V6 non sport has seen 140.

LS4me said:
The 03's and later have a 123 limiter. The 00-02 (sports) have a 149 limiter. The 00-02 non-sport V6 has a 123 limiter. My 00 V6 non sport has seen 140.

mike - it's 133mph limiter for all non-sport pre-03 and all 03+

the non-limited pre-03 just seems to peter-out at about 143mph or so....

Ihave to agree with MonsterMark about this. It has actually been pretty entertaining reading this post and listening to all of you go on and on about what your cars will do. Personally I'm a 27 year old with a mortage and I honestly couldn't tell you how fast my 02 LSV8 will go. I have a pretty good idea though how fast it will get me to the judges bench. By the way MonsterMark, hate to make this a political discussion but your pic has got to go. :)

SoonerLS said:
Good Lord, would somebody please take this thread out behind the barn and put it out of our misery?!?

Hey bro, just because this thread is old doesnt mean that it should be hauled off and buried. There has been some good tech talk in here (along with some BS'ing) in the past and from the looks of things, it doesnt seem like it will be stopping anytime soon. I'm sure it will die out again, but for now it seems to be fairly active.

This Thread is ended.

kittenwar%5b1%5d.gif

Don't you have have something better to do.....

at 4 in the morning......................... I don't

+1 I've outraced at red light against chargers, Mustang GTs, and Audis.....can't wait for more Lincoln mods :-D

you don't warrant them wasting dead dinosaurs on your ride...

plus they probably giggled and pointed their fingers

Members online

No members online now.
Back