149 Mph Is That All ! ! !

mholhut said:
So you first say that you beat all these cars N/A and even had the Benz driver check for a nitrous setup. Now you're telling us that you're going to the strip... a week from now... and you'll be running nitrous and race fuel?

Something doesn't make sense here...

Either you had nitrous at the time you were racing and beat those other cars... or you're installing a nitrous setup before you go to the strip so you don't loose face.

Everyone salute the flag:
:bsflag:

Boy do I agree!! This guy is so full of :bsflag: I can't believe it. First, top speed runs are a bogus test. Too many variables. Many cars shut down on top due to tires. Besides, even at Bonneville, they start you from a dead stop.

All these claims and not one ounce of proof? Take it to the track and show us. Let's see a video and time slip. And when we see you in the 13's, we will know you are running the juice.

I can't believe I even made a post to his ridiculous claims.

2001LS8Sport said:
Uhmmm....no....03/04 Cobras are iron blocks. The last aluminum Cobra block was 2001. The good aluminum blocks are mid 90's versions and are called "Teksid" blocks. They were cast in Italy and are much stronger than the later ones cast domestically.

If you want an example of a modern day aluminum 4.6 that is really strong, then take a look at the 4.6 SOHC Explorer engines 2002-2005. I dont know where I have the pictures, but it shows how the casting was different to make key areas allot stronger than other normal aluminum 4.6's like the 99 & 01(I think) Cobra's and such. Do a search sometime (if your curous) and see what I'm talking about.

its been a while since u read this post and got a bigger laugh now than b4. this kid a damn joke. he beat a 454 impala SS. come on thats unreal. he beat all those cars and then he woke up. i have those dreams to venture, i once beat this ferrari enzo, and yes i made sure to wave to him as i passed him. he also stopped me to shake MY hand. then i woke up. dude u truelly need to stop takling all this BS. it really gets u no where in life. u always get caught up in lies, trust me i know im caught up in a huge one now between 2 females and it truelly sux.

lol the true meaning of LVC :V :bash:

:wrench

itsnotmydaddys said:
its been a while since u read this post and got a bigger laugh now than b4. this kid a damn joke. he beat a 454 impala SS. come on thats unreal. he beat all those cars and then he woke up. i have those dreams to venture, i once beat this ferrari enzo, and yes i made sure to wave to him as i passed him. he also stopped me to shake MY hand. then i woke up. dude u truelly need to stop takling all this BS. it really gets u no where in life. u always get caught up in lies, trust me i know im caught up in a huge one now between 2 females and it truelly sux.

Hey did I tell you all the story of when I was having a manaja twa(sp?) with two CK models and raced and beat a McLaren F1 at the same time? I have the video somewhere too! Uhhh too bad I cannot post it. hehe.

rocket5979 said:
Hey did I tell you all the story of when I was having a manaja twa(sp?) with two CK models and raced and beat a McLaren F1 at the same time? I have the video somewhere too! Uhhh too bad I cannot post it. hehe.

I once beat a Ferrari like it was standing still, oh wait, it was. It was in the showroom of the dealer that I passed.

02V8Sport said:
I once beat a Ferrari like it was standing still, oh wait, it was. It was in the showroom of the dealer that I passed.

Hey I raced that one too! That guy couldnt drive worth a crap! Weird!

rocket5979 said:

"manage a toi"

It's French ;)

mholhut said:
"manage a toi"

It's French ;)
Yeah, it's French, but it's menage a trois. There're probably some of those snooty French accents in there, too, but I don't really care about the language of "Cheese-Eating Surrender Monkeys". ;)

Oooooh not this wonderful thread again... I remember reading this when I first signed up here.

Notice that the original thread starter disappeared on 'deployment' and hasn't been heard from since... there was also some ebay drama in other parts of the forum.

rocket5979 said:
If you want an example of a modern day aluminum 4.6 that is really strong, then take a look at the 4.6 SOHC Explorer engines 2002-2005. I dont know where I have the pictures, but it shows how the casting was different to make key areas allot stronger than other normal aluminum 4.6's like the 99 & 01(I think) Cobra's and such. Do a search sometime (if your curous) and see what I'm talking about.

I haven't heard that! And I hear a lot about such things. I will look into it. It's funny because the Mach 1 boys haven't said anything about it that I remember and they run the same thing as my wife's Aviator (supposedly) I will do some looking. Thanks for the tip!

But I do know that the Teksid blocks are supposed to be good for quite a bit of boost that the others can't take. You can find them once in a while if you look for them.

2001LS8Sport said:
I haven't heard that! And I hear a lot about such things. I will look into it. It's funny because the Mach 1 boys haven't said anything about it that I remember and they run the same thing as my wife's Aviator (supposedly) I will do some looking. Thanks for the tip!

But I do know that the Teksid blocks are supposed to be good for quite a bit of boost that the others can't take. You can find them once in a while if you look for them.

The block construction itself in most modern day cases now, will not even become an issue until your making well over 600 rwhp in a V8. Up until then it is all about your rotating assembly. That will by far and away fail loooooooong before the block itself will. Most stock 4.6 blocks will handle quite a bit of power with a good forged rotating assembly. When people see chunks of block that fell out or broke off after blowing an engine, it is not due to the block itself failing it is due to the connecting rod failing and then rattling around until it catches and punches a hole in the side of the block. I would say that for 99% of hot rodders, they wouldnt even need to think of block construction when building for the power they plan on making. Some of you here probably already know this, but maybe a few others dont.

Rob

My apologies for getting off topic in my previous post, but I dont foresee the thread starter coming back here for a while. hehe.

this guy beat none of those cars.. Race my stock mark viii with a couple bolt on's and i gaurantee you do not win in a 1/4... I race a friend of mine who has a ls and i destroy him all the time!! come on now man, you say you beat all theese fast cars? baaaaah as funny as the guy in the mark viii forum who said he beat a ls6 with his stock mark were do the people like this come from? and dont say jersey

rocket5979 said:
My apologies for getting off topic in my previous post, but I dont foresee the thread starter coming back here for a while. hehe.

Youre right, he may be busy out somewhere on an Air Force Base racing F-18 jets as they take off.

02V8Sport said:
Youre right, he may be busy out somewhere on an Air Force Base racing F-18 jets as they take off.

Didnt I see something like that in the movie Top Gun? hehe...

Ok ok ok...All in favor of Venture Motorsports Ls's new official nickname being Maverick??? AYE!!!

Almost too cool of a nickname to give. Oh well, we know what its real meaning is. lol *owned*

Show me the way!

I want to know how I can get my LSv8 to go that fast. My computer stops me at 135. I believe the fuel is cut off. Also will this void my warranty?
The other day I raced a motorcycle and when I got him up to my limit he would go no faster. I dont blame him, Im at least surrounded by metal.
I crave speed and I dont want to trade in for a faster auto maker, I love my LS. I have been reading about other member upgrades but they seem to have trouble with them. How bout a computer upgrade? Will that also void my warranty. If anyone has any suggestions please let me know.
Also, who's test driving these LS's? Most review's miss the mark.

Hey, maybe you had to be there

aggiestckl said:
this guy beat none of those cars.. Race my stock mark viii with a couple bolt on's and i gaurantee you do not win in a 1/4... I race a friend of mine who has a ls and i destroy him all the time!! come on now man, you say you beat all theese fast cars? baaaaah as funny as the guy in the mark viii forum who said he beat a ls6 with his stock mark were do the people like this come from? and dont say jersey

I'll give the benefit of the doubt because I have raced others and won. Maybe because they reached thier limit or maybe because they knew they couldnt hang. I have never come across any of those Lincoln 8's that wanted to race for whatever reason, I pass them with respect because I know what they can do. Happy Trails everybody.

Have you thought about the fact that, at highway cruising speeds racing is quite different than trying to see who can do the best 1/4 mile, and that sort of stuff?.......the LS with the V-8 motor is still rated at 0-60 in 6.4 seconds....that's gonna be faster than most V-8 sedans, and not much slower than a new GTO or Mustang GT (about a second or less)......then when you get up to about 100 or so, there's a good chance the LS will "take over" most of those cars, or at least keep up with them.......another thing that has to be factored in is "driver skill"-----this can vary quite a bit, as most of you guys know........maybe our California friend is just a real skilled driver, better than most in his area........that might give him an edge over those "faster" cars.......just trying to give him the "benefit of the doubt".......

ecallis said:
Have you thought about the fact that, at highway cruising speeds racing is quite different than trying to see who can do the best 1/4 mile, and that sort of stuff?.......the LS with the V-8 motor is still rated at 0-60 in 6.4 seconds....that's gonna be faster than most V-8 sedans, and not much slower than a new GTO or Mustang GT (about a second or less)......then when you get up to about 100 or so, there's a good chance the LS will "take over" most of those cars, or at least keep up with them.......another thing that has to be factored in is "driver skill"-----this can vary quite a bit, as most of you guys know........maybe our California friend is just a real skilled driver, better than most in his area........that might give him an edge over those "faster" cars.......just trying to give him the "benefit of the doubt".......

Do you realize that in 0-60 terms one second is a HUGE MARGIN! Let alone when that spreads out to 1.5-2.0 seconds by the end of the 1/4 mile! A second in the 1/4 mile is a very very large margin! I imagine if you raced more in real life that you would be aware of that. The M6 GTO's go mid 13's in the 1/4 and then 99-04 Mustang GT's with the M5 went high 13's with a good driver and low 14's with an average one or an auto. The best an LS, even the 03+ in stock form is mid 14's at best, if that!

Driver skill is a thing that doesnt play into this equation to help the thread starter win those races. He has an AUTO there IS NO DRIVER SKILL INVOLVED! If he were in a manual car then that would be very different. With an auto you plant your foot and keep it help down while making sure you dont steer of the road, not much skill involved in that when talking in terms of racing.

Once they reached 100 those other cars, some having much better aerodynamics and more power to weight ration would have murdered that guy in his LS even more! The LS is a great highway car because of its ability to make its peak power in the upper rpm band, but it still cannot top some of those cars mentioned.

I would have given him the benefit of the doubt if he had mentioned one or maybe two much faster cars tops, but he didnt. He had to go off like he had blown all these much faster cars out of the water which some of us know to be truly BS! Bottom line is that he went too far with his BS and was called on it.

I truly love the LS. There is no other car I would rather have, and believe me I have my choice of pretty much anything up to a used Z06 Corvette. All I ask is that people keep things realistic and dont try to BS people with their hogwash. I take it almost personally when someone thinks they can feed me or anyone else in the forum a line of sh1t and feel they can get away with it. In the famous words of Damon Wayans from In Living Color as the birthday clown, "Homie don't play that!".

im wondering why he hasnt chirped in again. he made this post you woiuld think he would give us some follow up or at least defend himself

JaredLS said:
0-60 in 6.4 sec. really :Beer .
really...my 03 (before somethings gone wrong and made it slow and nobody will helpme:) )I've timed probably a dozen times. SST mode, moderate power brake, TC off. I've been consistently between 6.3 and 6.7. Ususally near spot on 6.4. This is running in different directions down the same section of road....the gears on the 03's and the increased HP made quite a difference IMHO.

Members online

Back