04_Sport_LS's Suspension thread

Curious on the front spring numbers you have. Would they be XR835298 ???

Lower front, (flat), spring pad MJA216AA ???

Coil Spring - Jaguar XR835298 Was that the one for the front?

Edit:I just decided to give Moog a shot for the shock springs and they came in sets for the front and rear. I am just gonna take everything to my mechanic and let him handle the rest.

Do I still buy the lincoln strut mounts or since using the jaguar ones do I buy the mount kit for a jaguar?

Last edited:
Coil Spring - Jaguar XR835298 Was that the one for the front?

Edit:I just decided to give Moog a shot for the shock springs and they came in sets for the front and rear. I am just gonna take everything to my mechanic and let him handle the rest.

Do I still buy the lincoln strut mounts or since using the jaguar ones do I buy the mount kit for a jaguar?

What post # did you get that spring number from???

As far as I know... Moog doesn't make shocks or springs for the LS or Jaguar. I think you have been misinformed.

They do make the top isolator/mount plate... but they are about the same price as the Jag ones.

Now if you meant Monroe... you will be sadly disappointed in about a year.

Plus keep in mind that the front LS shocks won't work with Jag springs... and vice versa.

Last edited:
What post # did you get that spring number from???

As far as I know... Moog doesn't make shocks or springs for the LS.
They do make the top isolator/mount plate... but they are about the same price as the Jag ones.

Now if you meant Monroe... you will be sadly disappointed in about a year.

Plus keep in mind that the front LS shocks won't work with Jag springs... and vice versa.
No I am not talking about Moog making it for the LS. I am talking about Moog that is made for the 2000-2002 S-type for the springs
2002 JAGUAR S-TYPE 4.0L V8 Coil Spring | RockAuto

More Information for MOOG 81743
More Information for MOOG 81752

I would never consider ordering anything made by Monroe so no worries there! Also I am replacing everything. I have already ordered the front B6's and ordered the front and rear springs and hopefully, if all goes well will be ordering the shocks for the rear.

Well since the front LS springs are a different size than the Jag springs... i would buy the mounts for the LS... not the Jag.

I still don't think you are going to find what you are looking for though, because Moog doesn't make shocks at all... and they don't appear to make springs for the LS or Jag. At least not according to their online e-catalog.

Well since the front LS springs are a different size than the Jag springs... i would buy the mounts for the LS... not the Jag.

I still don't think you are going to find what you are looking for though, because Moog doesn't make shocks at all... and they don't appear to make springs for the LS or Jag. At least not according to their online e-catalog.
I never said they make shocks... but they do make springs for the Jaguar though.
MOOG Auto Part Finder | Vehicle Part Results

Ok... so our posts crossed.

Since you are using the Jag springs... you can re-use the original LS top plates (thats what I did)... or the Jag version... or the Moog... cause the top spring diameter is the same.

Ok... so our posts crossed.

Since you are using the Jag springs... you can re-use the original LS top plates (thats what I did)... or the Jag version... or the Moog... cause the top spring diameter is the same.
All good! When you say top plate you mean the mount itself right?

Yes... the metal plate with 4 studs that stick up through the top of the shock tower.

Well that's interesting that Moog is making springs for the Jag. Good find. But if that is $60 for the pair... I'd be a bit skeptical on how well they hold up.

Guess you're the next Guinea pig. Thats 1/3 the OEM price... and I know you usually preach OEM like I do.

Yes... the metal plate with 4 studs that stick up through the top of the shock tower.

Well that's interesting that Moog is making springs for the Jag. Good find. But if that is $60 for the pair... I'd be a bit skeptical on how well they hold up.

Guess you're the next Guinea pig. Thats 1/3 the OEM price... and I know you usually preach OEM like I do.

Hopefully, it turns out to be good in the end though. I guess time will surely tell... I have not seen anything bad about the springs online so I figured I could give them a chance. If I didn't already have to replace the vapor canisters on the rear of the car OEM might have been an easier choice for the springs. I had to buy both canisters and the solenoid (all oem parts on this though) that goes in the rear because trying to sort that p-0451 code still. I had no electrical problems per a test so it's the last thing that seems to be on the list to do so I figured just replace all the crap back there to be on the safe side cause it gets old having the tank dropped on this car. And cause of the stuff in the way I figured when the tank gets dropped then it will be a good time to do all the shocks at the same time.

I don't know if dropping the tank will give better access to the rear suspension cradle... but if it does... that might be a good time to replace the rear sway bar bushings if that hasn't been done already.

I don't know if dropping the tank will give better access to the rear suspension cradle... but if it does... that might be a good time to replace the rear sway bar bushings if that hasn't been done already.
Funny that you actually mention that because I forgot to replace them when I had my suspension replaced but I had bought them already so glad you reminded me of that. Thanks!

Yeah... but what page number or post number in this thread.

Honestly... when I finished with the work on my LS in this thread... I left it as a reference and never looked back... so it's all a blur now.:rolleyes:

Yeah... but what page number or post number in this thread.

Honestly... when I finished with the work on my LS in this thread... I left it as a reference and never looked back... so it's all a blur now.:rolleyes:
Page 2 Post Number #48

Everything is ordered now! I went ahead and snagged up the rear ones this morning so all that is left is trying to find them new isolators. I am going to go to the Jaguar dealership once I have these in hand and taking your picture to them of the isolator and telling them to find that correct part number for us all to have. $636 total so far in the shocks and springs so not horrible considering. Also once I have the springs and shocks off my LS I will list them for sale here if anyone wants them. My springs were in decent shape from my understanding and I just had replaced the rear shocks with the OEM twin-tube ones so if anyone needs them they have less than 3,000 miles on them. Which is another reason I am trying to find new isolators so I can hopefully help someone out without having to screw up a working set. And the front ones are not completely worn out I am just trying improve the ride a little bit as the front ones are the mono-tube style and the rear are currently the twin-tube.

Last edited:
All 4 are gonna look like this and be at the bottom right?
LS Isolator.JPG

Last edited:
Someone will be getting some nice shock absorbers and springs since you're posted up in the south
Yeah, for sure! I just ordered the moog mount kits for all 4 so trying my best to keep the old ones in working order and still assembled.

Members online

Back