02 lse for 06 ??

sancho20

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
Gettin my taxes back this week and there is a nice 06 ls at the auction with 18K miles dark grey(my favorite color)doesnt need much work just replacing body parts bumper, maybe hood and fender but not sure.But i just love the 02 lse body so much but mine has 86k on here.Im so torn i really dont want to sell it since i know i wont get that much since it has a rebuilt title ...But i would have to keep the wheels. help me make a choice

183.jpg

The 02 is really clean, and I would probably keep it for a bit longer since it only has 86k.

i know i love the car im just thinking if i can pick up the 06 for around $3500 i can paint the parts for free and probally get the parts for free also since my uncle has just about every lincoln part you can think of and my dad works at a restoration shop and can get paint for free and i can paint it..Im thinking i can get maybe $4000 for mine ill come out $500 ahead and have a 4 year newer car with 70000 less miles...

i know im trying to talk myself into it ,Its just hard because i did the same thing with my lse ,i put alot of work into it which makes it harder to sell

06's are the :q:q:q:q.

But thats a sweet 02.

There was only 8,000 LS's made in 06 so be one of the owners of the rarest years besides the 5 speed.

Did you put the LSE kit on or was it a LSE from the factory? Because those are rare if from the factory..

I agree with the upgrade if you have the money

Gettin my taxes back this week and there is a nice 06 ls at the auction with 18K miles dark grey(my favorite color)doesnt need much work just replacing body parts bumper, maybe hood and fender but not sure.But i just love the 02 lse body so much but mine has 86k on here.Im so torn i really dont want to sell it since i know i wont get that much since it has a rebuilt title ...But i would have to keep the wheels. help me make a choice

Pictures of the damaged '06? There may be more than surface damage.....

I love my '06, but from what I remember you got a killer deal on your '02 and then saved even more by doing the bodywork and painting yourself.

However, eventually mileage and usage is going to cause things to wear down or break - and that's when things start piling up in cost. In that regard, I'd be leaning towards the '06, but if you've got good contacts in the repair business, there's no reason to think that you can't keep the '02 going.

GL,

Tru

I would go with the 06... Its a beautiful car... And def my fav color too... After I pay my car off... i plan on gettin an 06.. haha Thats where my vote is...

well i know there is always hidden damage thats a given ,actually it looks like a little easier fix than my 02 since its a light hit and its straight on and mine was hit on the corner,

Sell/trade me your side skirts and rear valence then trade in your 02.. I'll make it work your while $$ !

Sell your house, get the 06' and keep your 02'. Problem solved.

06 FTW! your lse is very nice too though, but you cant beat an 06 with only 18k miles

can i get parts from your uncle? :)

Maybe if you marry one of my cousins...He doesnt really sell the parts he has a pole barn and garage both packed to the celing with all ford/lincoln/mercury parts.He fixes cars for people and buys cars at the auction and resells them

06's are the :q:q:q:q.

But thats a sweet 02.

There was only 8,000 LS's made in 06 so be one of the owners of the rarest years besides the 5 speed.

Im sure they made less than 8000 lse in 2002 so im not really looking for rare but if i was i would look for a 2002 lse 5 speed i heard they only made a few hundred of those

Well i got 3 weeks to decide now,i guess they pushed the auction date back so now i have more time to think about it...:confused:

Members online

No members online now.
Back