02 lse for 06 ??

Im sure they made less than 8000 lse in 2002 so im not really looking for rare but if i was i would look for a 2002 lse 5 speed i heard they only made a few hundred of those

Well if you want a gen II (and trust me you do) then the 06 is your best bet. They were only made for four months until April 2006.

And 18K? That engine should have at least 60K on it by now. If you can fix it for a good price then go for it.

Alright you guys convinced me imma get it,but i dont even know what it will sell for yet..Thats what sucks about auctions its hard to stay in your price range if it something you really want..If i cant get it for under $3500 i may pass on it..

Well a pristine 06 without a salvage title can pull upwards of $15K. with a salvage title i dont know how much that lowers the value but if you could get it for $3500 and fix for $1500 then thats only 5K for a practically brand new car.

And if you dont like it you could maybe get 8K for it??

yea thats what im thinking ,Ill let you guys know what happens in 3 weeks.Theres an 06 on ebay right now but its got high miles with a salvage for $5500.

They were only made for four months until April 2006.

Just because the calendar year starts in January doesn't mean the model year was. Our first '06 was purchased in 12/05 with a production date of, IIRC, October. That makes at least 6 months of production. That said, Lincoln sold less than 9K copies of the '06 model year.

Didnt know they made them that far back.

But i do know they were made untill April.

As long as you have some experiance with body repair that you have an idea what's really involved with fixing it I would do it. Your LSE is nice but Gen2s are nicer inside and that's a big difference in mileage.

Just because the calendar year starts in January doesn't mean the model year was. Our first '06 was purchased in 12/05 with a production date of, IIRC, October. That makes at least 6 months of production. That said, Lincoln sold less than 9K copies of the '06 model year.

I bought mine used but it was originally sold 11/05. Just turned 30k miles yesterday.

i know thats the main reason i want the 06 is the interior and the mileage...I just like the 02 lse body ,it looks more agressive.Anybody know if the 02 body kit will fit on an 06. Im gonna bid on it i just cant let it get out of hand though lol

pic ,I just noticed it looks like the windshield is cracked too...

24015600_1X.JPG

I hope those arent hid headlights.....probably not cause it looks like the cheaper sport since i dont see the woodgrain on the steering wheel.

HIDs are like $1600 a piece from dealer. But you said you had connections so idk.

But that impact doesn't look too bad.

Similar to mine but my airbags didnt deploy.

I had $6k in damage from a very similar wreck.

why do you hope they arent hids??

What drizzle said.....the oem hid's are actually $1800 a piece at the dealership.

Theres none on ebay and very few of them show up if ever. But like i said earlier i think the vehicle is a sport and doesnt have them. If it did you could always just get a regular gen 2 headlight and rebuild the headlight.

From what i can see you need the following:

Front Windshield
LSE bumper Assembly
Foglight Bracket
Headlight
Hood
Right side Fender
Engine Splash Guard

Now that isnt enough damage to total the car so is it being sold by the original owner?

I hope those arent hid headlights.....probably not cause it looks like the cheaper sport since i dont see the woodgrain on the steering wheel.

All '06s were sport models with the LSE appearance goodies. I'm pretty sure all had wood steering wheels and shift knobs. The difference would be Ultimate or Elite packages.

Since the airbag blew I would expect at least some hidden damage. It will also have a Salvage Title, so if the price is right and that doesn't bother you, I would go for it.

No ive seen several without the wood so i figured the ones without it would be the sports.

yea im sure there is plenty of stuff you cant see as for the hids my uncle has a bunch of them,I remember when i got me lse and called him and said i need the lse bumper ,hes like i got 8 or 10 of them.I didnt think he knew the difference in the 2 but sure enough he actually had 10 of them but he sent me 8 of them to sell for him.I told him i looked for almost 1 month and a half to find one and nothing.He actually wants to start selling some of his stuff.He wants me to come up there and help him go through it and list it all on ebay.I just dont have an extra 2 months to do that though.

he has hid lights??

You can sell them all on here guaranteed and quick.

i know i figured that ,he said he has about 10 pairs left ,when i called him when i got my lse 2 years ago he had 22 pairs of them..because i wanted to put hids in it.I doubt he will sell them because i know he fixes alot of lses and buys alot to fix since he already used 12 pairs in 2 years..

yea this one has no wood inside...It seems like most of the ones that have wood also have the navigation...

From what i can see you need the following:

Front Windshield
LSE bumper Assembly
Foglight Bracket
Headlight
Hood
Right side Fender
Engine Splash Guard

Now that isnt enough damage to total the car so is it being sold by the original owner?

Did you see the airbag deployed? Im no professional but in my opinion most of the time when they deploy its likely game over unless the car is brand new and I would think this especially for the LS because of the location of the passenger side airbag. :confused:

No i thought that was a blanket on the dash Lol ?? .Im not sure what you mean but yes i saw the airbag deployed..The airbag is probally the easiest part of the repair..There are a few things involved with it..Im guessing the crash sensor and a few other things.

Members online

Back