What did you do to your LS today?

Pressure get to yer plastic,BR? LOL! What am I doing to my LS today? Well, I'm going to take it on a nice,long Unpressurized cooling system ride thru the countryside,with its 5W30 oil change protecting it really well. We'll be looking thru the glass at these marvelous country sites. I may take the 9MM and check my sites on an old can or something.
I need to get out there in this beautiful sunshine for the next few hours. don-ohio :)^)

After 100k and 4.5 years the Dorman degas bottle started leaking. Is Dorman the only available degas bottle now?

After 100k and 4.5 years the Dorman degas bottle started leaking. Is Dorman the only available degas bottle now?

I am amazed it went that long for you. The Motorcraft bottle is still made, and is way better.
5W4Z-8A080-AA

I am amazed it went that long for you. The Motorcraft bottle is still made, and is way better.
5W4Z-8A080-AA

I just got one of these from fordpartsgiant. Was $170 + But having had the dorman bottle cause, well contribute to, very costly repairs, I consider this a bargain. Sort of.

Note that it includes the two hoses but does not include the cap.

Currently.... dealing with this pump actuator stuck thread.... 13mm is too big... am I missing something here?

4be2b2906d4f4336473b768cf6654e87.jpg

2e59816cca05a6f732294fb166646356.jpg

2591a9e25e4e7ed47e1c36e71f1d2f67.jpg

13mm is a little bigger than half-inch,but works unless the bolt head is deformed or really tight. It has always seemed to me,though,that Ford sometimes put 12mm head bolts where they didn't want someone to be able to just loosen a part real easily. I could be wrong on this,but some battery cables have definitely started using the 12mm nuts.
So could a 12mm work,or not? don-ohio :)^)

13mm is a little bigger than half-inch,but works unless the bolt head is deformed or really tight. It has always seemed to me,though,that Ford sometimes put 12mm head bolts where they didn't want someone to be able to just loosen a part real easily. I could be wrong on this,but some battery cables have definitely started using the 12mm nuts.
So could a 12mm work,or not? don-ohio :)^)
It won't fit completely around the threads... one side goes on but the other is on top of the threads... I thought it might be 12mm as a 12mm wrench fit on it... idk.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

Try the 1/2 then. US manufacturers went metric a long time ago, but they still slip SAE sizes in there from time to time.

...Yea but aren't 1/2 and 13mm the same thing just sae and metric?

1/2" is slightly smaller than 13mm.

Are you hammering it down, or are you just trying to push it over?

Won't do much good to put another actuator on if you have not got all the water and contaminated fluid out yet.

1/2" is slightly smaller than 13mm.

Are you hammering it down, or are you just trying to push it over?

Won't do much good to put another actuator on if you have not got all the water and contaminated fluid out yet.
Its completely dry. And there's no room to hammer it on. I thought about that, but there's no room or angle to even get that amount of force on the extractor or threads.

Its completely dry. And there's no room to hammer it on. I thought about that, but there's no room or angle to even get that amount of force on the extractor or threads.

Remove the pump from the car and you will have plenty of room. It seems unlikely that you could really decontaminate this system without removing everything, disassembling it all, and cleaning it.

Remove the pump from the car and you will have plenty of room. It seems unlikely that you could really decontaminate this system without removing everything, disassembling it all, and cleaning it.

I haven't seen a write-up on this yet tho. I've scoured the forums. I keep seeing people post as far back as freaking 2007 asking for help with no responses.

What was that cleaning fluid that Frank once recommended? Or it was an additive of sorts, I have it in my notes at home. Thought it was a Trans seafoam he suggested to run in there for a week or so before purge. Frank?

Finally drove her. She's been sitting since last week.. started her up and smoke was everywhere lol...

48af971522c59d7d8ece04db2ddd1973.jpg

And also ran into a cop who stopped traffic to pick up wood...on the highway. .. hence my face lol

Well,KidL,how'd she do? don-ohio :)^)

Horrible.... The misfires are back because of this damn valve cover. I'm gonna have to go get that sometime before tuesday. This **** is ridiculous.

I stumble at 40-45....then 50-58.. its ridiculous.... I'm too freaking afraid to go over 68 hell 65.... well because of the coolant issue...

I also suspect the stumbling because of the alternating cooling method of the engine as of right now..

Other than that... it was fine...

I turned the car off at every stop light... Turned the car off in traffic....sat on the side of the road to let time pass in traffic...

So overall..very well for as much as I drove it... I haven't driven it that long since I drove to work and directly back that one day.

So, I'd rate it a 6.5/10 as of now..

Yeah,gotta fix the misfires.Probably loading up the catalytic converters.AND of course,fixing the fan is BIG TIME important. don-ohio :)^)

Yeah,gotta fix the misfires.Probably loading up the catalytic converters.AND of course,fixing the fan is BIG TIME important. don-ohio :)^)

I fixed the misfires once, ever so slightly. All I did was change the plugs and coils. However, a leaky VCG doesn't do any of that hard work justice lol.

Well, I'm sure the cats are toast.
I already got a code for one side, then the dealer told me both were bad. So, theres that. I'm gonna tackle taking them off one day. Removing allt he way back to the resonators. At least until I can replace the cats haha.

This damn fan, ugh. I still can't get that threaded part out. I tried a 1/2 and 13mm bolt extractor. Neither of which proved any help.

Wish I could help you,KidL. But you keep at it,young fella,yer gonna whip it. I hope you CAN get that fan up to decent rpms. don-ohio :)^)

Members online

No members online now.
Back