What did you do to your Mark VIII today?

Let's see, 87 octane, 34mpg, are you sure you were in a MK VIII, or how big was the hill you were going down? I've always use 93 and I hate it. When I fill up my PU, I hit 93 from habit, normally run mid range in it. It get's a treat every now and then.

Let's see, 87 octane, 34mpg, are you sure you were in a MK VIII, or how big was the hill you were going down? I've always use 93 and I hate it. When I fill up my PU, I hit 93 from habit, normally run mid range in it. It get's a treat every now and then.

That was with a 25mph headwind too. Impressive, I know.

arnott's.jpgE-mailed Arnott this morning, asking what can be done about the klunking from the front air shocks. About 10K on them, and don't leak. Got response saying they don't know of any repair, and should be replaced. Out of warranty so there's nothing they can do. If I knew this was a throw away item, I wouldn't have bought them. Of course their for sale. I'll take a reasonable offer, and consider un- reasonable ones. Shipping on you. It's a new world, replace, don't repair.

arnott's.jpg

what I did today

Finished this job for a customer. Powdercoat intake and valve covers, recondition headlights, detail engine compartment, rebuild steering column, and change rear shocks using Jay's famous mounting brackets.

ellens 023.jpg

ellens 027.JPG

ellens 028.jpg

ellens 029.jpg

ellens 025.jpg

ellens 026.jpg

ellens 003.jpg

I need to start a "what are you attempting to do to your Mark VIII" thread.

I still have an issue about every 30th time I turn on the headlights and it knocking out the SCIL. I have aftermarket 35w HID installed, wired directly to the existing wiring. I have to pull the negative cable and re-attach it a couple of times to reset it.

I was going to build my own battery powered relay harness, but to do it right I would have a ton of money into it, or to do it cheap I don't think I would like the results.

I bought this off eBay, it isn't a large gauge wire feeding it, but all the connections look good, it has the resistors to shut off the check headlamps message, and with all the connectors (the 9006 male and female, the one for the relay) the inline fuse, and the resistors I don't think I could build it for the 11 bucks I paid. The resistors are 2.70 a piece from Hong Kong (as I have them already, but to use as a load for projects, not specifically for this), and even a couple of bucks a piece for each connector and 3-5 for the relay.

14520203991_2133d16cf9_b.jpg

14336945150_355a96e187_b.jpg

14336944090_1804ff7bcb_b.jpg

So if I ever get to installing new bumper and header panel, rip out the OEM ballast and find some good place on metal to mount the resistors, and clean up the wiring and how it runs, get this installed. I was hoping there would be a good place to attach the feed for the relay in the high amp box, but doesn't look like it.

yep, i looked into doing the same, building my own relay, but for the 7 bucks i paid for a relayed harness with relay, i just couldn't beat it.

Took the 94 on a Saturday afternoon road trip to Lawrence to eat at my fav restaurant over there (Quinton's). Heading out of town on K10 I saw a sign for Car Show and Dyno day, and lo and behold it was LSXKilr shop. Pulled up outside, and there it was - ONEBADMARK's black 96 sitting out front. Met some great people, got some excellent tips, and had an all around great time just talking Mark's and mods. (and a little about Mark VII's and small block Fords) Now i'm beginning the search for a Kenne Bell for my 94......

How did you clear the headlight to simulate an LSC housing? Did you just sand down the inside of the lens? Looks pretty good so far.

I changed out my front struts. Mine were completely shot. Push it down, it didn't come back up. Laid it on it's side and it just poured fluid out everywhere. Had some fun doing that, since I didn't buy them loaded.

This weekend I got to do my front sway bar end links. Mine are literally torn apart, they look TERRIBLE.

Other than gas and a few drive through car washes, haven't done anything to my car in months. A few bugs worked out when I got it from sitting for nearly years, but since then, nothing. Acts like a 37,000 mile car should. Brakes make the slightest of noise. I guess the factory pads are wearing out.

Thursday I'm gonna give it a bath, a wax, and clean up the interior. Last few months I've been busting ass and getting projects done. Got my 66 New Yorker put back together, road worthy and sold. Got my zrx back together, running, riding and broke it again. And pulled my Ducati out of mothballs running, ready for a ride and it **** the bed! So I gotta get them two back up to 100%. Truck needs some attention, too. I'm very thankful the Lincoln is tip top and I can get in it an go!

so far for the 96, i have ordered/installed,

upper and lower control arms
inner and outer tie rods
strut rod to k member bushings
trans filter and gasket
jmod drill bits
upper, inner rear suspension bushings

should be basically an entirely different car.

Members online

No members online now.
Back