New way to stop the noobs from saying the search didnt work.

Ok, so I've been searching for about 2 hours, can't find anything on LED swap for the 2nd gen tail lamps! I know i've seen stuff on this before!

Just get a 3357 LED bulb on Ebay or at a parts store. I've got them on my '97. The only problem is that because the LED's take so little power, the computer will think you have a burnt out tail light and you will get the "Check Brake Lights" and "Check Tail Light" warning the first time you turn on the lights or tap the brakes. There is a resistor you can get to go inline with the LED bulbs to fool the computer, but I don't have that on mine. I just hit reset when the messages come up. You will also notice that the turn signals blink faster with LED's due the the reduced resistance. I don't know why, but that didn't happen on my '96. But I did get the "check lights" message. They do look pretty cool, though!

Eventually, I plan to convert all my external incandescents to LED's. I've already put blue LED's in my interior. I would like to eleminate every incandescent bulb from the entire car. Maybe some day.

thanks for all the helpful info would love to see something for the cobra brake upgrade:):)

Putting good tech info, parts info, mod info, and anything else having to do with working on your Lincoln in one place is a great idea! Wait.... isn't that why we have a tech articles page? Maybe this should be a sticky in it, cause it is far better than anything in the tech article articles!!!!!

Today, after reading our tech article on Mark VIII air suspension...(wow, talk about useless....) I searched for how to remove...., how to change..., changing...., and so on and so on.... each search returned so much trash, I was wasting precious daylight and heat! Went to other site, in less then 2 minutes I had a url with step by step info and good pics along with pointers and tips on how to get the job done...their tech info was far easier to search and far better article than the several mazillion bits and pieces of articles LVC has.

Also, to not make a noob feel accousted by the "Search in all our crap you dumb fool" reply many get, maybe in the email a noob gets to thank and confirm their membership, maybe listing a few frequent searches and a "here's how to search steps if you are looking for specific info" guidance would be a "breaking the ice" gesture.

We have lots of good tech info here, actually great tech info, maybe the site members could submit their tech threads and the admins could pic the best one or two of each highly sought out tech inquiry for each one and post them it in the tech articles section. You know I love love love my LVC and any way to make it even better then LVC already is, is a good thing! Great idea Mike, one step closer!!!!

...now if we could just get the noobs (and me! lol) to search for "New way to stop the noobs from saying the search didnt work", (and it don't unless you have all day to filter and read half related half helpful threads...) this would be the thread with the most hits!

Keyed in with much love and thanks for working to bring LVC's TLC and Techno Info together in one thread.

Smooches

MsM8

attachment.jpg

The problem with the search feature on this forum, and I've mentioned this before, is it won't search for any term with less than four(4) letters, which is asinine! So as an example, a noob would get "no results" from these searches, among many others:

LSC
LED
HID
EGR

Obviously the list goes on and on...

I actually use Google to search LVC - its 1000% better at finding the exact thread you need than the lousy search engine on the site.

Rant over.

The problem with the search feature on this forum, and I've mentioned this before, is it won't search for any term with less than four(4) letters, which is asinine! So as an example, a noob would get "no results" from these searches, among many others:

LSC
LED
HID
EGR

I actually use Google to search LVC - its 1000% better at finding the exact thread you need than the lousy search engine on the site.

Rant over.

Agree and it's hard to convince folks the search function has flaws. Also, even if you do read everything you can dig up on here but you still don't find the exact answer to your specific question, they will jump on you anyway for asking.

Seems some folks assume their discussions on any subject are so thorough and concise, there couldn't possibly be even a tiny detail that was left unanswered. So they immediately pounce on any question related to their chosen pet peeve subjects.

This is intended only as constructive criticism to point out other views and hopefully to improve the environment for newer users.

Now instead of telling them to use search and getting bashed for it we can all just copy this thread into our response. They now only need to read a bit to get what they want.

Lets hope they read instead of just saying it isn't there!!!

Great Thread

Not performance, but these are some things visual and cosmetic changes I've come across and have been messaged about.

Lotek Triple Pillar Gauge Install

http://www.lincolnvscadillac.com/showthread.php?t=51426&highlight=lotek

Sleepy Valley Ground Effects

http://www.lincolnvscadillac.com/showthread.php?t=80803

Exotic Mark VIII's

http://www.lincolnvscadillac.com/showthread.php?t=50025

White Face Gauge Install

http://www.lincolnvscadillac.com/showthread.php?t=62795&highlight=familiar

LSC
LED
HID
EGR

Agreed!!!
Should be a simple settings change in any forum software...
I too have been frustrated with searches here.

did anyone post up a how to remove/replace rear air ride bags? i've only ever done the fronts and would like to learn about the rears. i heard they are more difficult to do and ive heard that they are easy to do. so i'd like to find out if theres been an article to read up on?

did anyone post up a how to remove/replace rear air ride bags? i've only ever done the fronts and would like to learn about the rears. i heard they are more difficult to do and ive heard that they are easy to do. so i'd like to find out if theres been an article to read up on?

Super easy. Jack up rear, unlock solenoid/air line and undo the bottom plastic clips. Unlock (twist) the top mount. Done.

Members online

Back