Turbo kit thread

Sure sure... They probably take the bumper off as if they were working on it and send you pictures/videos, but really they are just enjoying the car. Just check the mileage when you get it back.

j/k buddy.

The car sounds sick. I am sure it's got the performance to back it up. You should send those videos to Lincoln and tell them what they missed on.

Merry Christmas and hope you get it back soon

Haha, thanks. Maybe I will send them a video.

Looks like you have the most performace oriented LS on the site. Even quik just has upgraded rotors but a stock braking system.

If you get a brembo setup plus the stance coilovers....might as well throw an SVT badge on it.

Thanks man! It really has come a long way from day 1.

I wasn't gonna bite on a turbo, but now.......

Right on :cool:

This.

I was kinda on the fence. But this looks to exceed expectations. Wish we had some numbers. And a price. Haha

I think he said 5-6k, not sure. Someone asked him about it and he gave a rough estimate.

We still need to see long term reliability and if it can pass emissions.

And as a DD that will put a lot of stress on the engine.

If you're in ca, visual is a fail. If you dont have visual inspections, I have read some turbo setups can be tuned to squeeze by the sniff test.

As a DD, yeah it will put more stress on it than keeping it stock, but you get what you pay for. You want more hp, you might have to risk a little less life out of your engine, but if you're willing to deal with it for the gains when the time comes, then you're good to go.

This will be my DD, but I dont drive it like it's stolen. I have only given it full throttle 2 times in the 2.5 years of having it.

Found it.

This is what Brett said about pricing a while back, prices may change though.

At the moment the kit is planned to be offered as two versions, a tuner version and a ready-to-run version. The tuner version includes everything in the kit except fuel system: injectors, Maf, spark plugs, fuel pump, and programmer. That kit will be listed at $5,800. The ready-to-run kit will include everything to install the kit and get it running. The tune will already be in the programmer, so all that is needed is to install everything out of the box and you are off and running. The ready-to-run kit is planned to be priced at $6,800. If customer already has a programmer then the programmer price will be subtracted, but tuner will need to be shipped to us, so that tune can be installed.

Sucks you cant have it for x-mas but im sure it will be worth the wait for sure :)

I'm not joking when i say that my car see's more foot in its ass than a dog that constantly sh!ts on the rug!

hey alex have you guys tried a savage oil pump electric , sense the turbo is at the same level as the engine your going to need a oil pump ,i had to get one on my ls and the smoke out the back and the oil leak went away ...

Soon. I'm waiting like everyone else, but I'm the one suffering cause I don't have my ls to drive :(

Once I have it back, I'll post a new pic of it as proof, then when and if I ever stop my long awaited joy ride, I'll post vids and info :cool:

I think Alax has the car back and has been sandbagging while he mods it even further.

I was going to bump this thread yesterday, but I didn't want to mislead people to think the car was done. Thanks a lot Driz.

Actually, the one year mark was May 16th, right after finals last year, I took it down. :(

Have you thought of internals yet? If not I have some options. VVT is going to be tough when you tune. Are you getting Torrie to tune?

Yeah, I've thought about internals, but thats later on. Brett's friend is doing the tuning, thats all that is left.

Too bad you couldn't get a hold of a Noble 3.0L engine. Forged internals, dry sump, piston oil cooler jets, the works. Plus it's already set up for turbos. Dreams-dreams-dreams...

Members online

No members online now.
Back