Im a Jag-of....... Jag owner.

LaserSVT

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
So some of you are aware of my new purchase and wanted some pics so here it is. Its a 1998 Jaguar XJR (was sold as a 99 but he lied). Has the 4.0 DOHC supercharged V-8 and the Benz ZF 5-Speed. Was bought as a beater and I knew it needed some love..... just didnt realize how much love.

My fault for not running a car fax on it but upon trying for the title I found its a salvage. Car was keyed and had windows broken so the insurance totaled it. Couldnt find a lick of dammage anywhere and no after-the-factory welds. It is very tight so I have no reason to doubt the claim.

I am the cars second owner. Well third if you count the bank that owned it first.

As for the love, I have replaced or have on order the following.... *takes deep breath* fuel filter, oil filter, 9 quarts of synthetic, supercharger belt, main belt, lower ball joints, front sway links, rear sway links, front wheel bearings, front shocks, front shock mounts (Jaguar is proud of them rubber discs at $300 each, found Delrin ones for $60), spark plugs and a tire patch.

I have already cut off the rear mufflers and have a smaller blower pulley and a CAI on the way. Should net a few ponies. :D

Anywho

IMGP0020.jpg

IMGP0019.jpg

IMGP0011.jpg

IMGP0017.jpg

IMGP0016.jpg

The all important badge.

IMGP0014.jpg

Friend of mine owns 6 of these he also has a couple of parts cars as well, Very nice cars and very fast

397526_2583429459649_1071850861_2787104_91982035_n.jpg

Friend of mine owns 6 of these he also has a couple of parts cars as well, Very nice cars and very fast

Looks like he styled his house after the Lincoln Memorial.

Nice looking ride! Jags are way cool.

yep. 5x108. very high offsets though. like 50s and 60s or something.

and dang! 6! thats alot.

Welcome to the Jaguar family! These really are fine automobiles if you can overlook some of their mechanical/electrical nuances. I haven't had too many problems out of mine, and I've owned it since 07, but certain years/models have more issues than others. Mine is a 96 XJ6 Vanden Plas (the long-wheelbase model) with the 4.0 I6. I've heard the early V8's have some issues (something with the fuel injection or intake if I remember correctly) that they cleared up around 01 or 02, but yours being an XJR supercharged model might have a different setup than the regular XJ8's. That is a really hot car, and I'd love to get my hands on an XJR or XKR convertible one day.

Doesn't that have a 5X108 bolt pattern? I say slap some saleens on it!! LOL:D

Unfortunately, neither mine nor his have the 5x4.25 bolt pattern (I would've thrown a black painted set of Mark VIII snowflakes on mine if it had. That would look better than my factory Jag wheels). The XJ's on up to around 03 or so had the 5x4.75 lug pattern.

yep. 5x108. very high offsets though. like 50s and 60s or something.

and dang! 6! thats alot.

I'm pretty sure it's 5x4.75. The newer ones might have 5x4.25, and I know the S-types do, but according to the information I've got, it's 5x4.75. I've never tried to put a Mark VIII rim on mine before, so I don't know for 100%.

Thought while we were talking about it, I'd post up a pic of mine to show you up ;) (jk, yours is definitely the better looking Jag). I bought mine as a beater/daily driver too so I could start doing some more serious mods to the Mark VIII, but sadly, that never happened. This pic was taken sometime in 07 or 08 before the Mark VIII was wrecked:

IMGP1353.jpg

(Sorry for being such a post-whore in this thread)

I have always like the XJR. I cant believe how much they depreciate. I was just telling my wife that I want to buy an Alum bobied XJR at some point.

I too love thoes cars almosr got a 96 xjr but i went the sensible route and got a town car foe super cheap.

It is amazing to me how many Jaguars are selling for cheap prices due to glitches around here. There was a supercharged one for sale for $1000 because of a timing chain problem. I would love to have one as a beater.

It is amazing to me how many Jaguars are selling for cheap prices due to glitches around here. There was a supercharged one for sale for $1000 because of a timing chain problem. I would love to have one as a beater.

This is why my friend buys them so cheap and has so many of the XJR's, Very common problem on these cars.

Damn that cars real sleek. My friends dad had one, same exact color scheme too. They sound nice. they're quick too.

I'm pretty sure it's 5x4.75. The newer ones might have 5x4.25, and I know the S-types do, but according to the information I've got, it's 5x4.75. I've never tried to put a Mark VIII rim on mine before, so I don't know for 100%.

yes. it seems the older ones where 4.75. and they switched to 4.25.

Members online

No members online now.
Back