Im a Jag-of....... Jag owner.

It is amazing to me how many Jaguars are selling for cheap prices due to glitches around here. There was a supercharged one for sale for $1000 because of a timing chain problem. I would love to have one as a beater.

Because when the chains break theres a 50/50 chance that you need a new motor. They are interference motors. They used plastic tensioner guides which
should never have been used in the first place but if oil was changed in most cases they dont need replaced. But i would still replace it with the metal ones for peace of mind.

Luckily they did fix that with late model LS's.

Just funny how theres so much love for this car but not so much for our LS's which are reskinned S-Types. The new Jag's are sex on wheels.....the XF is one hell of a car. The new XJ has an amazing interior but i still prefer the 07 bodystyle:

s5dz0w.jpg

Only thing i dislike about the previous gen jags is that they look dated on the interiors.

yes. it seems the older ones where 4.75. and they switched to 4.25.

The newer XJ's are 5x108...ive seen a couple LS's with XJ wheels. Thats why i made the comment about the sentas in the other thread.

I love the interior of the new XF. The only thing I don't like is the motorized rotary shifter knob. Call me old fashioned, but I prefer a conventional shifter. And that motorized knob that rises out of the console is just something else to break and cost you an arm and a leg and several fingers, toes, and various other apendages to fix.

No Mike, BMW was sold.

BlackLS. You answered your question in your post. The LS is an S Type. Big difference between the XJ and S-Type. And really if it was an XJ8 I would have never bothered. Just like I would never consider another SN Mustang unless it was an 03/04 Termi. The blower and supporting parts is what makes the car cool.

I was close to buying an S Type R. Those motors are great, with pulley and some tires you should be deep in the 13's in the XJR...

Awesome ride man! This is a vehicle you can roll through the hood and crack the window a little bit. The natives will talk about you for 2 generations. BadAss!

Waterpump bypass hose and power wire for radar detector. :D

Here are the pics as prommised. I tried to take during pics but the damn camera memory card failed so I could only take ones after I was done.

Turned rotors and ceramic pads:

IMGP0040.jpg

New ball joints, sway links and KYB HD shocks.

IMGP0039.jpg

Rear sway links with a little modification:

IMGP0037.jpg

Removed rear mufflers and welded in a straight pipe:

IMGP0036.jpg

New upper shock bushings:

IMGP0034.jpg

Replaced the water pump bypass hose and had to make a new surge tank hose:

IMGP0033.jpg

The Mina intake and Eurotoys blower pulley:

IMGP0031.jpg

let me know if you need any parts for the XJR, I am parting one out
Yes I need parts. A working oatmeal cup holder, drivers seat skin and rear lower seat and gear selector and drivers door wood trim. Third brake light too. :)

Yes I need parts. A working oatmeal cup holder, drivers seat skin and rear lower seat and gear selector and drivers door wood trim. Third brake light too. :)

cup holder= broken
drivers bolster=ripped
drivers lower (where your butt sits)=good
shift knob or the whole shifter assembly?
Drivers door trim=I have
3rd brake light= I have

Just the knob. Would need to se a picture of the door wood to know if its even close to mine since every Jag is different.

I learned something today.

jag u-joint.jpg

The XJR has actual Universal Joints on the rear half-shafts instead of CV joints. Wow. I didn't know that. I prefer U-joints to CV joints any day of the week. I wish the Mark had U-joints. But CV's dont' give as much trouble in RWD cars as they do in wrong-wheel-drivers. But it's good to see a real U-joint in a RWD car like this. :)

jag u-joint.jpg

Any plans to take it to the track or are you just going to hot rod it around town?

Just to putz around town.

Dont think the car likes the CAI. Got a check engine light on the way home when I did a WOT blast.

And what a blast. Car is almost quick!

Members online

No members online now.
Back