cut springs

stockls

LVC Member
Reaction score
Quick question if I get the eibach springs and cut them 1 inch more meaning. The car would be on a 2" drop all around would the ride feel crappy or stiffer or bouncier... Need some feed back please :)

I don't understand why you'd want it that low but anyways Eibach drops more then 1", its more like 1.5"-1.75".

I don't understand why you'd want it that low but anyways Eibach drops more then 1", its more like 1.5"-1.75".
and with sprint and intrax, if you can still find intrax, they go to 1.75, but sprint springs are a 25% stiffer ride. Before I sold my Solara, I had eibach and tokico blues, and I cut a .5 inch more drop in the front and never saw a ride difference in the spring and no sag.

and with sprint and intrax, if you can still find intrax, they go to 1.75, but sprint springs are a 25% stiffer ride. Before I sold my Solara, I had eibach and tokico blues, and I cut a .5 inch more drop in the front and never saw a ride difference in the spring and no sag.

The two are pulled off the market I did my hw for those already

I was stationed in NY for 5 years, so I know what you are talking about, lol. Now stationed in Connecticut and the roads aren't much better. Crusin down the Van Wyck slammed isn't a good option, lol. Eibachs uncut with new shocks would be the way to go.

I was stationed in NY for 5 years, so I know what you are talking about, lol. Now stationed in Connecticut and the roads aren't much better. Crusin down the Van Wyck slammed isn't a good option, lol. Eibachs uncut with new shocks would be the way to go.

The van wyke isn't bad now they redid it so its smooth

If you guys are interested in the Eibachs. I'm looking at getting a group buy discount. I'm in contact with some people right now and will find out in a couple days about more pricing.

Let us know please, because I am very interested while waiting to see if these coilovers from stance go forward.

If you guys are interested in the Eibachs. I'm looking at getting a group buy discount. I'm in contact with some people right now and will find out in a couple days about more pricing.

hit me up

Springs

I run the Eibach springs with new struts and 17" stock tires if they were cut iwould be verry close to rubbing also i had to trim the bump stops for more travel,they ride great right out of the box.

So did you cut your springs? I wish soopa would chime in to let us know how ride quality and how much he cut off. I am contemplating doing mine sat. Car isn't low enough for my likings. Really wish they made coil overs for the ls

Yea I read that thread. I got turned away once I read the wait time on them.

My bad didn't see my request.. I have cut eibach's "I cut the front 1 full coil and the rear 1/2 coil" I have pics in another thread somewhere. The ride quality isn't any different to me and I have had the same shocks since I bought the car at 78k miles which now has 100k so you can say I have well used shocks. I have also been replacing most of my front end suspension (because it needed it) before I put the springs on so results can be different for yourself. Honestly I love it though I have the winter kickers on now 16's with 215/60/16 winter tires and get no rubbing at all, I plan on putting the 19's on with 235 or 245/35/19's ... I will let you know if they rub

Just make sure you place the spring in the boot correctly.. the top of the spring should line up exactly with the top coil cover. You will know what I mean when you cut and try and align it up... Good luck and go for it!

http://www.lincolnvscadillac.com/showpost.php?p=899614&postcount=40

Thank you soopa. I have the stock 17s on and biggest rims I am looking to get are 19s but not for awhile. Well guess this just made my mind up. Busy day Saturday. Your after pic looks like my ride height now. Might try half a coil first. To see.

Members online

No members online now.
Back