Pics of completed Gen 2 front end upgrade.

Pinknuts

Well-Known LVC Member
Reaction score
So I got the car all cleaned up today since I just picked it up from the body shop yesterday. These are some pics of my whole car since the front end conversion. It was a little more major than I had predicted, but totally worth it. I figured since I'm a newbie on here I would introduce myself and my car with some pics. Here goes.

IMAG0144.jpg

IMAG0148.jpg

IMAG0151.jpg

IMAG0153.jpg

IMAG0156.jpg

IMAG0160.jpg

IMAG0162.jpg

IMAG0164.jpg

IMAG0167.jpg

IMAG0172.jpg

IMAG0173.jpg

IMAG0175.jpg

IMAG0177.jpg

Nice!!!:Beer I like it. Looks clean and sexy.:bow:

Lookin' sharp. Very clean under the hood too.

Thanks guys. I've spent a lot of time getting this car to this point. I also did a complete interior swap out of another LS for the better condition leather and also heated seats. Also it went from that cream color interior to the tan. Man it was a bitch to switch EVERY interior piece, but worth it.

sweet looking gen I!!

That is not stock engine....the LS never came with a manual in V8 trim.

Also the throttle body on gen I V8 is on the left rear and it doesnt look like a genII v8 cause the oil dipstick is on the wrong side.

matter fact looks like an LS series engine.

That thing is crazy! There has to be a whole different transmission in that beast too to handle that engine.

Who'd you buy it from that wouldn't tell you that there's a GM powerplant under the hood?

Ok Ok you guys got me. I know all about the car and have done plenty of work on it. I just wanted to see who would be the first one to notice what doesn't belong in the pic. Muahaha!!!

Yes this car was for sale on LS1tech. I bought it from my buddy who did the swap. It's come a long way since I bought it at the beginning of the year.

Yes this car was for sale on LS1tech. I bought it from my buddy who did the swap. It's come a long way since I bought it at the beginning of the year.

you probably get this alot, but do you know what major parts you need to do this swap other than the engine and tranny? I saw one for sale a while back for around $5k on ebay, i just wasnt in the market for a car. I regret not buying it. Thanks, and if you could please share some tips for sombody trying to doi this swap.

you probably get this alot, but do you know what major parts you need to do this swap other than the engine and tranny? I saw one for sale a while back for around $5k on ebay, i just wasnt in the market for a car. I regret not buying it. Thanks, and if you could please share some tips for sombody trying to doi this swap.

As far as what it takes to do the swap, custom motor mount plates, driveshaft, shifter, and custom ECU wiring are the major things I can remember. But I didn't do the actual swap.

Had it dynoed yet??

Trans Am engine??

I haven't dynoed it yet. It's a 2002 Trans Am WS6 engine and 6 speed tranny with 50k on it. Has filter, full 3" exhaust, huge cam with dual valve springs and titanium retainers, and custom HP Tuners ECU tune. It has super tall gears though with the stock auto rear end.

now for the real questions, what works and what doesn't? i would figure that all the body stuff should function fine (power windows, locks and head/tail light) but what about the cluster? any custom gauge work?

Members online

No members online now.
Back