This will happen just because it hasn't before

Sorry but you left yourself wide open for Frogman with this ...

I ask anyone who reads this if you decided to give input please don't bash my idea!! Help with things such as: wiring for the electronics of the car verses not having the stock ecm anymore, and what I might need to watch out for while doing this etc.

Thanks to all that help with the idea.

Norton

Priceless.

Dam search Nazi has me in tears.

2k2fia.jpg

Pearl88 -

Sounds wonderfully expensive, complex, time consuming and hopefully you don't want to see results for a long, long time.

Why go with the German engine? Germans do engineer everything to work together in a vehicle. That is why the AMG or Brabus monikers - they deal with the whole vehicle. I swear if you change the exhaust tips on them they throw a tizzy.... Heck, Frog is worried about going with 1/4" taller tires because they will throw everything off. The 'inter-connectivity' will go away - and what you will be left with is a rather picky powerplant that will be extremely difficult to work with.

Have you thought of a -gasp- Viper v10 powerplant/transmission? The 2nd generations are going for relatively cheap - less than $8,000. They are nice, basic powerplants/transmissions - you can go for the exotic by stating they are based on the lambo v12 (they are). Fairly lightweight, and you know, when you work on them they are just 'engines' not picky, not so 'nannied' and, American.

It is a true muscle car engine. Hits all the points - raucous, loud, rev'ing, and just mean. Lots of aftermarket available for it (superchargers, intercoolers, engine tuning computers, headers, hi-flos, ported heads, custom cams, all the good stuff). The six speed is decent - and then, with the left over money - you can actually fit up some decent stoppers on your car. You stuff tons of ponies in that Mark, don't forget, you gotta stop, fast.

:D i just gotta say if you think you can get all of that benz stuff installed and running into a mark cheaper than tossing in a terminator, id like to buy a bag from you :shifty:

Go with a tried and true ford modular built engine.

See these are the comments I was looking at getting, AND YES THE CAR HAS TO STOP LOL that would be first: suspension and brakes. The viper powerplant also a good idea, almost the only thing I like about a viper. The main reason I am so ambitious on doing the particular route is souly that I have 4 friends that have amazing knowledge on making weird $hit work. As I said in other forums the underbody and suspension is the first thing I'm doing. In the process of doing that I'll most likely mount the engine and transmission on a stand and wire it to see if i can even get it to run before I even think to put it in the car. If it runs well and true putting it in the car is the only hard part.

All the ideas everyone has giving me I will take and write it on the board of things to think about before I buy the power plant.

Also where can I find a wiring schematic of the Mark so I can read over it?

Different for the sake of different is stupid plain and simple... unless the final product has a wow factor.... like this:

0703sr_25_z+1960_rambler_ferrari_powered+2008_ridler_award_winner.jpg

Could you even understand the Marks wire system? It really isn't complected but I bet you couldn't follow it and its nowhere near as complex as a Benz setup.

As was pointed out. Someone on here has an AMG and wants to go one size up on the tires and cant because the computer will throw a hissy fit. This person has far more ability then you to correct this but wont mess with it because of its pointlessness.

Now you want to take that motor and trans then remove its yaw, wheel angle, camber angle, toe angle, brake temp, wind temp, wind speed, exhaust temp, vertical g, horizontal g, lateral G, GPS etc etc sensors away and expect it to perform anywhere near what it was designed to do? Not bloody likely.

As to the brother that is a super genius with code, well thats just great! Just cause he can write code don't mean he can build a computer that ONLY A MACHINE CAN SOLDIER from scratch. Then again I guess it can mount in the trunk. Nano soldiering is a waste anyway, right? Would be better off getting an already built ECU from Haltech, Motech or FAST and writing his own software. Of course being its around 100 MILLION lines of code it will take one guy quite some time to write all that. Frog will be in his late 200's by then so he may not still be alive.

You sure you have the abilities for this? Isn't your brother the guy with a full blown race car that cant make it hit 1g on a skid pad?

Then again I guess delusional works for some people. After all, the old 190E was the best chassis ever made right? And the cute little cossy 4 banger is a beast? That combo will surly smoke my Mark on any and every kind of track?

You really need to sell your Mark and stick with the import crowd.

Ya know what would be easy to wire, easy to get huge power and easy to install? What would be so unusuall nobody would think to do it? Something that would give the car a near 50/50 weight distribution? How about a 20REW?

rx8-20bmotor.jpg

Look how simple it is. Only 4 moving parts!

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTNnzUbxMEYjKthk0nU4xOMQpmmrqBU3aLmGOCPNIJGZKZgf181yQ&t=1.jpg

A nice tri-rotor and do a sequential turbo system so you have some boost come in around 2400rpm.

Engine management is simple and with big injectors you can crank it to 700+ hp

Well if you can see it then I must have something set wrong cause I can only see it if I paste the link into the bar.

My computer is teh suxor. Maybe thats why I have been staring at idle code for the last three days and still cant make my cold start idle work the way I want it to. :(

Maybe I should ask pearls brother?

ouch ive never seen laser be so harsh. not a bad thing though lol.it would be easier to do a ford gt swap than an amg swap....

OK not that I'm backing him up on a Benz Swap cause I have been threw them already and they are a bit over hyped. However you can go on EBAY and buy a basic Megasquirt and build yourself a ECU. Import buys have been doing it for quite some time. I'm on one board that has a guy who is doing a 2JZ swap into a Subaru GC :eek:

Thing is the homebuilt ECU will have nowhere near the ability of the factory ECU. Hell I got into an argument with some tool on here years ago who swore that you could take an AEM ECU on his Mark and do everything better on less octane than when the car was stock :rolleyes: I tried arguing there is no way that with a P&P aftermarket ECU could you beat all the engineering that FOMOCO had in the factory ECU.

Of course I'm stuck in the second worse Inspection state behind California so if your OBD II port ain't working you ain't passing inspection, so your screwed no matter how good it runs :mad:

Could you even understand the Marks wire system? It really isn't complected but I bet you couldn't follow it and its nowhere near as complex as a Benz setup.

As was pointed out. Someone on here has an AMG and wants to go one size up on the tires and cant because the computer will throw a hissy fit. This person has far more ability then you to correct this but wont mess with it because of its pointlessness.

Now you want to take that motor and trans then remove its yaw, wheel angle, camber angle, toe angle, brake temp, wind temp, wind speed, exhaust temp, vertical g, horizontal g, lateral G, GPS etc etc sensors away and expect it to perform anywhere near what it was designed to do? Not bloody likely.

As to the brother that is a super genius with code, well thats just great! Just cause he can write code don't mean he can build a computer that ONLY A MACHINE CAN SOLDIER from scratch. Then again I guess it can mount in the trunk. Nano soldiering is a waste anyway, right? Would be better off getting an already built ECU from Haltech, Motech or FAST and writing his own software. Of course being its around 100 MILLION lines of code it will take one guy quite some time to write all that. Frog will be in his late 200's by then so he may not still be alive.

You sure you have the abilities for this? Isn't your brother the guy with a full blown race car that cant make it hit 1g on a skid pad?

Then again I guess delusional works for some people. After all, the old 190E was the best chassis ever made right? And the cute little cossy 4 banger is a beast? That combo will surly smoke my Mark on any and every kind of track?

You really need to sell your Mark and stick with the import crowd.

O LOOK HERE THE NEXT ONE IN LINE TO RUN HIS MOUTH obviously you didnt read my post after frogman responded to the comment about my brother making somethin he couldn't do with out the right tools :lol:, O and I forgot about all the classes I took on wiring and diagrams, minus a Oshkosh PLS( thats a military truck if you didn't know). Worst wiring harness in the world to figure $hit out on, but thats right I'm just a dumb redneck with wild ideas that are impossible. AGAIN LAZER READ THE Fing posts IM NOT USING A STOCK ECM, NO $HIT IT WOULD BE STAND ALONE ALONG WITH A STANDALONE TCM. But hey I forgot that a computer is smarter then a human and u can't flash it to put in ghost files that make it think somethings there when its not(the pcm for mark that is) NONE OF THIS IS POSSIBLE UNLESS YOUR BILL GATES OR STEVEN HAWKENS. NOTHING IN THE WORLD IS POSSIBLE BECAUSE YOU TWO SAY ITS NOT. I forgot yall are genius, and if u wanna get me started on that word "genius" ... not even gonna go there.

ALL in all I see that unless your FROGMAN the car Genius or LAZER the tag along to everything Frogman says (His B!tch in other terms) your dumb.

And as for the cosworth it runs great thanks for asking, kind got me when i ran it without the exhaust and it sounded just like a vortec v6 with no exhaust. And to the many conversions about the handling of the car, Keep bringing up far gone stuff just to make yourself seem cool (kinda like the preppys from high school). I could go on about how close that race would be if both cars suspensions were built to as best as they could be but its not worth it because I'm not gonna waste a friends time to sit down and explain to you why it would be.

With all that said I guess I should go get a book with a wiring diagram of the Mark to understand exactly how it works.

And a 3 rotor nice engine, was gonna do that with my 86 rx7 I use to have but I sold it before I went to Iraq and bought the Cossy instead.

Members online

No members online now.
Back