Magnaflow exhuast Installed

When I put on the magnaflows, I was charge 185 for 2.5'' pipes with mandrel bends, to weld in x-pipe, mufflers and tips. When I put in the bassanis mufflers, which they just swapped out mufflers and tips, I was charged 80. The shops I've been to charge by weld. The more welds they have to do, the more it's going to cost. An x pipe needs 4 weld spots so it would cost the same to put on and x pipe than it would to put on 2 mufflers and tips on each. The go to charges 15-20 per weld but depending on how much work you brought him, he'll cut you a deal

You replaced all the stock piping??

I just had them weld onto the stock piping...if it was a show car i would replace all of it
with polished stainless steel.

That does sound quiet. Theoretically I have the same setup, but it seems louder. Maybe it's the video. I'll take a new video of mine today.
Looks real good though! What happened to your left trunk reflector?

Its the video it isnt that quiet in person.

And yeah thats just some glare cause nothing is wrong with it. just the camera is making it look weird. i cant record
hd video with this camera...

Yeah I tried to grab a new video of mine yesterday but it also came out a lot quieter than in person, so I believe ya.

Yes but its a Lincoln.....gotta keep it classy.

Exactly.

The Magnaflow gives you just enough tone to let you know the car is running, yet still sound classy and not like some redneck.

I still prefer the Bassanis over the Magnaflows (I had both), but Magnaflows are far better than stock. :D

You replaced all the stock piping??

I just had them weld onto the stock piping...if it was a show car i would replace all of it
with polished stainless steel.

Yes I did. It will come in handy now that the turbo is going in.

I bet the larger piping helps give it a deeper sound.

xpipes and straight pipes installed.

Overall it has a nice rumble....dont have a video just pics. does drone a bit less with the xpipe.

Before:
s5000515.jpg

s5000516g.jpg

After:
s5000517.jpg

s5000518.jpg

Looks good. How much did it cost?

I'm planning on doing something similar to that sometime in the future.

xpipe cost me $90 from ebay and the install and custom fab was $125.

Mufflers were $140 shipped and tips were $60 shipped the install for them was $80.

So total spent was $495 on the full exhuast.
Had it all been done at the same time it would have been about $100 less.

The full magnaflow setup from ebay may look nicer but much more money:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Magn...its=Make:Lincoln|Model:LS&hash=item2eb272de1f

Thanks. I already have magnaflow mufflers and tips installed. I'm going to get 2.5" piping from the cats to the mufflers so it will be more because of the bending.

The shops around here all carry there own mufflers and wont let you bring in your own. So i guess ill have to see if they have an X pipe.

wow...thats pretty crappy.

This place i go to will do anything.....heck you bring them all the parts and they just do the welds.

Im not sure how much more effective the larger piping would be.

which one mine??

No just aluminum but the xpipe is stainless.

I would've too, but I didn't want to pay for it plus I dont really need it as much as you guys, no salty snow here.

You like it better now BlackLS06?

xpipe cost me $90 from ebay and the install and custom fab was $125.

Mufflers were $140 shipped and tips were $60 shipped the install for them was $80.

So total spent was $495 on the full exhuast.
Had it all been done at the same time it would have been about $100 less.

The full magnaflow setup from ebay may look nicer but much more money:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Magn...its=Make:Lincoln|Model:LS&hash=item2eb272de1f

Why would you quote that listing on eBay when this one is $180 less?
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Magnaflow-Exhaust-16678-Lincoln-LS-3-9-3-0-Dual-/330492642965

I think I would spend the extra $100 to get a bolt-in, 100% stainless setup from Magnaflow.

Members online

No members online now.
Back