LED Angel eyes Install- A lot of PICS

Oh so you place the epoxy, or whatever it is, on and then you spray the activator to dry in seconds?

Right. This will sound dumb, but it kind of "creates" plastic between two plastic surfaces. It only takes a few tacks of the stuff. It's a trip.

nice write up Alax7 i will hopefully be using it one day only for demon eyes.

For those who want to clear your amber reflectors in your gen2 headlights and dont want to spent 50 bucks for the material lightwurkz uses, you can go to home depot or lowes and buy the plastic cover for flourecent lights. I just installed a pair on someones headlights, just an alternative out there for you.

DSC09585.jpg

DSC09584.jpg

Once again good work Alex!

Those sure look nice. The owner must be totally psyched :D

Yeah, I'm sure he's excited to get them. Hope you like them

Cool.Good luck. Let me know if you need any tips on them.

damn im about to start and i must say, im intimidated! have everything but the guts to just start the process. i did just fix my seatbacks broken clips and i have cut the low beam angel eyes to space them out. headlights still in the car as we speak lol.

i have one completely cut and i cant seem to get the screwdriver in at all. where did u guys start??

Wedge the flat head in between the clear and the black back housing. Wedge it in there and carefully lift little by little, moving all around. You'll begin to hear the silicone rip free. When you can easily put the flat head in the headlight after going all around, try prying it open by putting the flat head on the corner of the amber bulb, stick the flat head in there and pry it open completly by lifting it about 130 degrees, just be careful. After you have pulled it part from the corner enough to stick your hand in, pull apart with your hands and cut away whatever silicone is still attached and it should pull apart fairly easy now. I hope this makes sense.

I'll prob just make a video next time I open my headlight so ppl have a visual.

Through the low beam cover. White wire on the ballast goes to the black/white wire on the turn bulb harness. Brown wire goes to the black/blue wire.

ok theres the white box and theres heat shrink pc board both accept 2 connectors so im guessing u plug one high and one low into it. where did u hide them? they both have a white and brown. which wire do i go to if i want it to blink? i know im asking a lot of questions but i just wanna get this over with lol. thanks for your help!

They give you a white ballast and a little black one.The one with the heat shirk is the same as the white box one, they just give you 2 sizez. The white one came attached with the low beam rings and the heat shrink one came attached with the hi beam rings. Take the rings off to install tp the benzel and plug a hi beam and low beam ring to one ballast. The other ballast goes inside the other headlight.

. I put mine inside the headlight, behind the low beam cover. If you have a gen2, the low beam cover has a little elbow rubber plug in it, take that off and run the wire out from that hole and put the rubber plug back on with the wires coming out of it.You'll have to cut the small braces on the wires to get it through the cover.

Yeah, they both have white and brown wires. Brown wire from the angel eye's ballast goes to the black/blue wire on the turn bulb harness. White wire on the angel eyes ballast goes to the black/white wire.

This is the way to get the most functionality from the rings. This way they will blink with the turn signals if they parking lights are off. They will turn on with the parking lights. They will flash if you lock or open the car. They will turn on with your headlights. Everytime the amber bulb flashes, the rings will flash.

DONE!!! finally done. whoever got their headlights done by alax got a great deal. i wouldnt do this again lol. it was a little pain not crazy diff but pretty in depth. thanks for the help alex!!!

i did white with black/white and brown with black/blue and theyre not blinking. maybe its the LED signal bulbs?

Yeah, mine and the second set were a pain but they get easier with practice. I've done 5 plus mine I believe, so 6 total.

Oh yeah, if you have LED amber bulbs in, they stop flashing. Andrizzle said it happened to him too. I'm thinking you can get around this but since i dont have LED turn bulbs yet, I can't mess with it.

They turn on with the parking lights though right?

Is there a way to wire it so they don't flash?

Get LED bulbs for the turn signal.The flashing is cool when you turn open the car or lock it, i love it.

You can wire it a few ways.

1- The way I listed before, gets the flashing everytime the amber bulb flashes.

2- Wire it to the orange wire and black/blue wire, I believe, and it only flashes with the turn bulbs but does not turn on with the parking lights.

3-A switch wired to the inside so you control when they turn on or not

4-Various wirings with relays. I tried wiring the puddles in with a relay as well as the turn bulb. I would get the same flash functions as before, rings would also turn on with the parking lights, plus since they are wired with the puddles lights, the rings would remain on when you open the car instead of flashing and would only flash with the when the turn signal was used.

yea they turn on with the parking lights. do u think i should try the 100ohm 10-watts resistors like u did in the back?

Members online

Back