About to have a f'n heartattack!!!!!!!!!!!!

all the emmisision crap above the rear of cover is keeping the cover from coming up hi enough to clear the cams.

i took my Driver side cover off without touching the brake system at all/

long pry bar between block and strut wall did it,but only after EVERYTHING else was off the cover.

hell id be worried about the broken dipstick tube now, your gonna be pouring oil down the road, hopefully it comes out of the block

I'm worried about the fact my car is in pieces and I don't want to spend my sons 3rd birthday tomorrow working on this :q:q:q:qing car! This car is all :q:q:q:qed up now and i'm not farther than I was when I started at 10am this morning!

Bolts are all off which was insane because my driver seat is broken so I had to do that upside down. Booster still isn't budging.

did you remove the 2 nuts under the processor bracket as listed above in the manual, when its unbolted it will fall out of the hole, there should be 4 on the driver side and 2 on the pass side

did you remove the 2 nuts under the processor bracket as listed above in the manual, when its unbolted it will fall out of the hole, there should be 4 on the driver side and 2 on the pass side

There is 4 bolts. 2 that were holding the bracket down that held the computer in place, and 2 that were under that. There are no other bolts...at least that I can see.

There is 4 bolts. 2 that were holding the bracket down that held the computer in place, and 2 that were under that. There are no other bolts...at least that I can see.

theres 2 more on the other side, the booster has 4 studs in a square pattern
ninja edit: looks to have only three.........heres a pic of mine, i bet you missed this nut

booster.jpg

Wow! This is a good example of why the mechanically challenged should not be allowed to purchase tools. :eek:

Take several deep breaths, and take your time. Brute force will not solve your problem, unless perhaps, you bang your head against something solid. ;)

Wow! This is a good example of why the mechanically challenged should not be allowed to purchase tools. :eek:

Take several deep breaths, and take your time. Brute force will not solve your problem, unless perhaps, you bang your head against something solid. ;)

Mechanical inclination has nothing to do with it. Do you have access to a lift? Do you have access to a flat solid surface to work on? I don't.

This is half the issue.

Through my search which I'm always told to use they all said USE BRUTE FORCE TO GET OFF THE DRIVER SIDE. I DID JUST THAT!

Still haven't got it off, but I have noticed the timing chain has completely chewed away wear the gasket is supposed to go. So I'm assuming now my cover is :q:q:q:qed and I'm going to have to buy a new one. Love spending money I don't have on :q:q:q:q that is unnecessary!

Why would you go pulling on that thing more and more when people are telling you that you need to take other stuff off first before you can get it off...

Valve cover is off and in pieces... I f'd up the things on top of the cams. I did a number on this car. I'll have to check with jamie and hope he has a lot of this stuff.

P4110605.gif

P4110607.gif

P4110609.gif

P4110611.gif

:eek2: Just shakes head and walks away...................................................:

omfg dude ARE YOU A MORON??? i didnt answer the phone because i have family down from massachusetts and its sunday. first off, the brake booster didnt have to be touched at all, you didnt have to go inside the car once for the driverside valve cover. dlf showed you where the motor mount bolt is, all you had to do, was take it out and lift the motor up, you kept saying the whole car lifts up, of course its gonna :q:q:q:qing lift up, its bolted to the car!!!!!!!!!! how easy would it be to pull a wheel off if the lug nuts were on still? you cant jack up a motor if its bolted to the car. all you had to do is unbolt a 13mm bolt and none of that would have happened. your driverside head is :q:q:q:qed now dude. you broke the cam girdles, i wouldnt dare start that engine now you are in deep :q:q:q:q now dude. man i thought i got mad working on cars you went postal, i dont think you should tackle working on your own car as much as i hate to say that, you :q:q:q:qed that thing up bad over a silly oil leak. are you prepared to put another head on the driverside?

Is the head knackered now?

Can't he just replace those 2 broken camshaft cap clusters?

yeah sure but i wouldnt be doing that with the head on the engine, i would pull the head off and disassemble it and reassemble it correctly. plus just putting the cam girdles from another head isnt smart, they all have bearings just like your crank shaft, just slapping some other ones on could be disasterous.

Ya, I was just reading up on the procedure - figured mating different caps that aren't 'worn in' to the camshafts might be bad.

well I hope this was a learning experience for a lot of people
anger doesn't help on cars it may feel good but it costs to much money
i just break tools that have the forever warranty

oh no

cam tower covers are not interchangeable....those ARE the cam bearings.

bummmmmmmerd00d

plus just putting the cam girdles from another head isnt smart, they all have bearings just like your crank shaft, just slapping some other ones on could be disasterous.

+1 bazillion

i shoulda read further before replying, jamie summed it up nicely

Members online

No members online now.
Back