97 Mark Detail

kustomizingkid

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
So Ford Nut picked up this LSC from Nobody Special... had a few issues. typical Gen 2, burned out low beam, bad blend door, neon is out... and it was a little hammered...

So 24 hours later the car was detailed, had two working HID's and heat... and then the fuel pump died... dead in the water right in the shop! Well the Walbro is on the way... should be running by this weekend... on with the pics!

Condition when I received it
DSCN0125.jpg

DSCN0124.jpg

DSCN0123.jpg

DSCN0122.jpg

DSCN0121.jpg

DSCN0128.jpg

On with the washing!
DSCN0140.jpg

DSCN0142.jpg

DSCN0143.jpg

DSCN0144.jpg

DSCN0145.jpg

DSCN0146.jpg

Pulled it in the shop... wowza!
DSCN0147.jpg

DSCN0150.jpg

Clay... CG purple pulled up a lot of junk
DSCN0154.jpg

DSCN0158.jpg

DSCN0161.jpg

CG water spot remover in action!
DSCN0162.jpg

DSCN0166.jpg

DSCN0171.jpg

After claying and water spot remover I taped it up for polishing.
DSCN0184.jpg

These are paint condition shots after one pass with wool and Menzerna SIP, there was no point in showing a bunch of pics of oxidation...
DSCN0185.jpg

DSCN0186.jpg

DSCN0191.jpg

Here is the only 50/50 I took... good stuff!
DSCN0194.jpg

After a full go around with the wool and SIP
DSCN0201.jpg

Due to the sloppy prep and body work someone nailed the window garnish with a da... I used a 75mm rayon pad with Autosol metal polish
DSCN0202.jpg

DSCN0208.jpg

DSCN0212.jpg

The headlights... typical of gen 2's... I hit them with 600, 1000, 2000, RB Blue and PG, and Uber Green and PF.
DSCN0220.jpg

DSCN0221.jpg

DSCN0222.jpg

DSCN0223.jpg

Here are some afters... I topped the car with Jeff Werksatt Acrylic Jett, the hood had some nasty defects that I couldn't do anything about... but overal it looks great!
DSCN0250.jpg

DSCN0230.jpg

Thanks for looking!

Good job! That car looks a ton better!

Nice job.
The headlights... typical of gen 2's... I hit them with 600, 1000, 2000, RB Blue and PG, and Uber Green and PF.
I've sanded headlights up to 2000 as you mention and I thought they came out great, but I'm not familiar with RB Blue and PG, and Uber Green and PF - can you enlighten me as to what they are, and how they are used?

good job kk.....you get the neon fixed yet? hows the interiour?

Nice job.
I've sanded headlights up to 2000 as you mention and I thought they came out great, but I'm not familiar with RB Blue and PG, and Uber Green and PF - can you enlighten me as to what they are, and how they are used?

Rubbish Boy's 100mm blue cutting foam pad, Menzerna Power Gloss, Uber Green Polishing Pad, and Menzerna Power Finish.

Wow Great job Brandon.
Can't wait to pick it up.

This is unreal.

DSCN0212.jpg

This turned out better then I hoped.
The molding was just trashed I thought for sure I would be replacing this.

good job kk.....you get the neon fixed yet? hows the interiour?
The glitch ballast is in the works.
The drivers door panel needs to be replaced someone went after it with a hot glue gun.
This was an e-bay car and some clown spray painted both front seats for fancy pictures.
Not sure what I am going to do about that yet.

Holy hell!! looks like a completly different mark!!
Yes it does, I am sure when I see it in person it will blow me away, the pictures don't do it Justice.

NICE work Brandon! btw, you pocket dialed me while you were polishing. lol.

Very creative with the rayon pad and autosol too. I'll have to remember that.

NICE work Brandon! btw, you pocket dialed me while you were polishing. lol.

Very creative with the rayon pad and autosol too. I'll have to remember that.

Ben gave me that tip... he also told me I should pick up some Dodo superfine meta lpolish and use it on wool to finish it out...

I was wondering about that product. I believe it's part of the Supernatural line.

Wow, that looks pretty damn sweet! Wana come down and do my headlights? :D

So you gonna detail the Xcal before you send it? :p

looks killer man, good job. you want to do it professionally? why lol i hate it. i just did a 99 dodge ram , 200k + miles white work truck, he paid 2800 now it looks like a 7 grand truck, but it was a disaster. one of the worst vehicles i ever did, took me just over 20 hours.

I quite enjoy it Jamie... There are a lot of ways to make a living... and I don't think detailing is too bad at all...

as long as you can keep customers coming, i enjoy bringing a car back from the dead, dont get me wrong, but its the cheap pricks who think cleaning a car is worth about 30 to 50 bucks. the ram was for a buddy, so i didnt charge what it was worth, but 20 hours thats no 50 dollar job. i cant stand the haglers, they want it done, but they see it as how much can it really cost to clean a car, it can cost alot, specially when they dont take care of it.

I've trying to tell you... he does great work!

Its weird seeing another black mark out there at the shop thats not mine LOL!

Members online

No members online now.
Back